• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
DV considers you an African. Doesn't matter where you live. Oceania has the best odds of winning by a mile 5 or 6% (due to lack of interest from Australians?)
Read the DV lottery wikipedia entry. It has all the answers.

Sorry I have one last question I am hoping you or anyone can answer. I see certain countries like Nigeria, Ghana and Algeria consistently get the bulk of Africa's allocation. Is this because they have a greater chance of winning, or is it simply because their populations are huge and thus more of their citizens apply? What I am trying to ask basically is, does every country in Africa have the SAME chance? Or do some countries within Africa have a higher chance than others?

Also, what about my case number? Is this not based on residence since you have to make an appointment with your local embassy?

Guys, i swear this what the lady told me
I just called kcc, she said that right now the website is experiencing difficulties, bcz of the overload on the system, she says they are trying to fix that, and i should keep on checking to see when they will fix it, she said none winners announced till now, thats the exact words,
So now what u think. ? What does that mean?

I just called kcc, she said that right now the website is experiencing difficulties, bcz of the overload on the system, she says they are trying to fix that, and i should keep on checking to see when they will fix it, she said none winners announced till now, thats the exact words,
That means whoever get the not selected is not selected my friend how sad

DV considers you an African. Doesn't matter where you live. Oceania has the best odds of winning by a mile 5 or 6% (due to lack of interest from Australians?)
Read the DV lottery wikipedia entry. It has all the answers.
It's even higher: 6 - 9% chance of being selected in Australia. Lack of interest of Australians is not the only reason. Oceania has less countries like Albania, Ukraine etc. The high number of participants from these countries lowers the average chance in Europe to get selected. Germany had ~50k entries last year. Albania ~100k. Population Germany: 80 million, Albania: 3 million.

PS: not blaming anyone here :)

@siliconeslinger we are waiting their answer, and it seems those people the don't give #### about us:mad:! they don't even care, what kind of people are they? :mad::mad:

Can I suggest you stop with this attitude? You are among a few showing great disrespect for the US Government who indeed do not owe you or any of us anything! Have you thought about this for one minute? It's so immature to be displaying this entitlement attitude...how old are some of you? Seems like some of you are in mid phase of puberty (lol). Just think what you are posting and what it means to the receiving end...the same applies to comments about each other. Just be thankful for this opportunity and don't make comments about "lazy programmers" and "stipuid" Government (I think someone else posted these).

Let's just stay civilized and mature. And be GRATEFUL for even being given the chance (can't repeat that enough). This also applies to being given the great opportunity of interacting on a free platform (this forum). We have no right to complain. We have every duty to be thankful and respectful. Peace :)

Meanwhile, I might as well ...
popcorn.gif

It's even higher: 6 - 9% chance of being selected in Australia. Lack of interest of Australians is not the only reason. Oceania has less countries like Albania, Ukraine etc. The high number of participants from these countries lowers the average chance in Europe to get selected. Germany had ~50k entries last year. Albania ~100k. Population Germany: 80 million, Albania: 3 million.

PS: not blaming anyone here :)
I dont think thats how it works because the country that I live sends less than 400 applications every year and the most that is ever chosen was 11

Since all the senior members are asleep I'll wade in with my opinion.

• not a single person in the world has received a winner's notification due to a technical issue. This is a fact.
  • if you saw the "not selected" message you haven't been selected
  • there are two types of session timeout error messages
  • normal timeout because millions of people are hitting the same web page at once or your internet is bad
  • winning timeout because the winner page is failing
PLEASE READ what I quote .. this is true. @guestgulkan

I am new here ... from Uganda. Third time I am applying. They say third time is the charm so am optimistic :).

I totally agree with Neaksie. On the US Department of State Consular Page facebook page, it appears that no one in the entire world has been selected. Hang in there. We will get to know our actual status.

Overload? They are plain stupid, probably the NSA needs all computer resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.