• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hello all

The interview schedule will notify by Email?

The interview notification is on the same website you got notification of selection, but you should receive an email telling you when the page has been updated. Be sure to check the page anyway if you are current as the emails sometimes go into spam folders, etc.

I'm curious as to the purpose of the expiry date on the DS260. Mine is set to 31 Jan 2016. Do all selectees for a FY share the same expiry date or are they staggered throughout the FY?

I'm curious as to the purpose of the expiry date on the DS260. Mine is set to 31 Jan 2016. Do all selectees for a FY share the same expiry date or are they staggered throughout the FY?

That sounds like the expiry date of the form itself. It us just a version control thing - it is not relevant to any case.

Hi guys.
I am a new member of this forum. I have won DV 2016. I have been following this forum since last month and I have a lot of information about GC process. I am preparing civil documents for the interview, my CN is EU2016000088xx. Can you guess the date of interview, I have submitted DS260 form on 14th of May. I have already taken police certificate on 27th of May. I think I have to get another police certificate about the date of interview, don't I?

Time will tell ............
I would like to ask is it OK to apply again in DC 2017 when you are a winner still in 2016 but with a high cn coz if I take a look at all the visa bulletin for 2015 it might be the same to 2016 so I wanted to increase my chances at least look for a small cn in 2017

I would like to ask is it OK to apply again in DC 2017 when you are a winner still in 2016 but with a high cn coz if I take a look at all the visa bulletin for 2015 it might be the same to 2016 so I wanted to increase my chances at least look for a small cn in 2017

Absolutely! You definitely should apply for the DV2017 as a backup.

Absolutely! You definitely should apply for the DV2017 as a backup.
furthermore I would like to ask does a derivative's visa also counted one on the 50k visa given or its just the main applicant's. coz I was thinking may be 2015 cases had a lot of derivatives that's why they many cutoffs all around. thanx

furthermore I would like to ask does a derivative's visa also counted one on the 50k visa given or its just the main applicant's. coz I was thinking may be 2015 cases had a lot of derivatives that's why they many cutoffs all around. thanx

Derivatives are included in the 50K visas available to DV cases.

The date of birth in my birth certificate is 19th of April. When I got biometric passport in 2013, 19 was changed to 20 by accidentally. Then I tried to get a new one, but I couldn't. Now 2 different dates are in my passport and birth certificate, 20 and 19 alternatively. What can I do? has anyone faced such a situation? Plz, give me information about this.

The date of birth in my birth certificate is 19th of April. When I got biometric passport in 2013, 19 was changed to 20 by accidentally. Then I tried to get a new one, but I couldn't. Now 2 different dates are in my passport and birth certificate, 20 and 19 alternatively. What can I do? has anyone faced such a situation? Plz, give me information about this.

If your passport has a mistake, you should get it corrected. Do you have a copy of the old passport showing the date was messed up?

Thanks Britsimon for your reply.
Now I have noticed that the date of birth was made a mistake on my first passport that I was given in 2009, in 2013 I have got new biometric passport. The date of birth is 20 in both old passport and current passport but 19 in birth certificate. I am wondering what to do. Is it possible to change birth certificate?

Hi dears! I already submitted the Ds form. But have questions

1. My question about Number of Educational Institutions Attended?

I have second degree (masters)

I only entered the number of educational institution (2) that means my degree and my masters

But not included high school. Does this maters

2. Our marriage was given by religion. Is it acceptable?

Thank you!

Hi. How can I open my application made on October 2014 for the dv 2016? I'm in the middle of a phd process and I'm not sure if i applied as a phd candidate or as a university degree holder. I have to be sure before I submit my ds 260. Thank you

Hi. How can I open my application made on October 2014 for the dv 2016? I'm in the middle of a phd process and I'm not sure if i applied as a phd candidate or as a university degree holder. I have to be sure before I submit my ds 260. Thank you

You can't reopen the original entry, but it doesn't matter what you put then anyway. Submit your DS with the correct info as at the time you submit that.