• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hello everyone! I have been disconnected from the forum since I didn't win a dv for 2016, but I am already counting down the days for DV 2017! 66 days to go, to be exact, if it starts October 1st :D

I was just reading an article about how Spain and the USA have a lot of history together, and how we founded more than half of the country... and I was thinking how cool it would be if we got a special cuota or something like that for Spanish people that wanted to go to work and live in the States. Would it be that crazy? I know it is wishful thinking and it's never gonna happen, but...

This is the article I was reading, it is in Spanish but you can see how many of the cities were actually founded by the Kingdom of Spain :)

View attachment 561

http://laorejadejenkins.es/historia/la-herencia-espanola-en-los-simbolos-de-eeuu
:) ...may be that is why folks down in Mexico still have such "special relationship" with Spain and everything Spanish?

Last edited:
- In that case, I'm not sure what the IO is likely to say regarding the Afghan PCC.

- An affidavit shouldn't be required.

- If you meet the educational requirement, there's no need to try and qualify using the work experience route.

- You will need to check the O*Net online to confirm if your job title/description is designated as a job zone 4 or 5, and is classified as a SPV 7 or above, if you still want to go the work experience route.

Thank you so much I will still do some research about the PCC, I will use education in that case

@Ham64112, if you are to use UACE, make sure you have at least 1 principle pass and 1 subsidiary pass ...
Oh yes of Couse I do have one each of that ,thanks
Since my case number (2016AF00045***) looks way much far away next year I cant think of anything I wander how you guys got throw it

i am a dv 2016 winner and i have a one equation please help me when i sent ds260 form i make it mistake during filling the date of where i starting my elementary school.there is a gap of 4 years between my document.is this series issue on the process.....

i am a dv 2016 winner and i have a one equation please help me when i sent ds260 form i make it mistake during filling the date of where i starting my elementary school.there is a gap of 4 years between my document.is this series issue on the process.....
You have to unlock your ds 260 and correct your mistakes. That's is as if you have got not a low case number that could make your interview to be October. Coz unlocking could cause nothing but a delay of interview

I want to change The sponsor I've submitted on my ds 260, shall I unlock my DS or shall I just prepare another sponsor who will fill the AoS, and just take it with me @ the day of interview???

<Question moved from the DV 2016 AOS Only Thread >

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to change The sponsor I've submitted on my ds 260, shall I unlock my DS or shall I just prepare another sponsor who will fill the AoS, and just take it with me @ the day of interview???

<Question moved from the DV 2016 AOS Only Thread >

There's no need to unlock the DS-260 form for that. You make present your new sponsor's information and affidavit at the time of your interview.

My wife and I have submitted the DS-260 form, I am working abroad and required to apply in advance for a leave or exit for my upcoming Visa interview. I prefer not to exit as my work contract is ongoing.

On a successful interview, will I be required to have an exit stamp on my passport for the Visa to be issued? Please advise.

My wife and I have submitted the DS-260 form, I am working abroad and required to apply in advance for a leave or exit for my upcoming Visa interview. I prefer not to exit as my work contract is ongoing.

On a successful interview, will I be required to have an exit stamp on my passport for the Visa to be issued? Please advise.

What country is this?

You are not required to resign or anything like that before the visa is granted (except for certain military occupation but they tell you that in the interview). Obviously you will need to "exit" at some stage to get your green card.

What country is this?

You are not required to resign or anything like that before the visa is granted (except for certain military occupation but they tell you that in the interview). Obviously you will need to "exit" at some stage to get your green card.
Appreciated SusieQQQ

My CN 2016AF00009xxx in Egypt, Is that safe?
My English is not strong. Is this a problem in Embassy interview? can I ask for translator?

Your number is very safe, and there is no problem if you ask for a translator, in fact one would be available for any one who'll need

Now that we are in August. With a CN of 2016AF00005xxx is this the point we should be looking out for the interview date/cut offs for October? How does it work?
Please advise.

Hello guys, I have a question about the vaccination. I have chosen "yes" but I have not had any vaccination since my childhood and with no documentation. So shall I unlock my ds 260 and change it to "no" and explain that " I will have all the proper vaccination @ medical " ??

Hello guys, I have a question about the vaccination. I have chosen "yes" but I have not had any vaccination since my childhood and with no documentation. So shall I unlock my ds 260 and change it to "no" and explain that " I will have all the proper vaccination @ medical " ??

That's what most people have done.

I see, so what's your suggestions. What do you think I should do about it?? ?

Don't unlock for that reason - it won't cause disqualification. If you unlock later for some other correction - you can correct that if you like. The question was badly worded and caused debate on how it should be answered.

Don't unlockyour that reason - it won't cause disqualification. If you unlock later for some other correction - you can correct that if you like. The question was badly worded and caused debate on how it should be answered.
@ Britsimon, I appreciate the kind and understanding work you have done for me. Once again you have put my mind to rest. I hope I will learn how to ask properly soon from you guys

@ Britsimon, I appreciate the kind and understanding work you have done for me. Once again you have put my mind to rest. I hope I will learn how to ask properly soon from you guys

When I said the question was badly worded - I meant the question in the DS260 was badly worded and many people answered yes that they have the vaccination documentation - when really "no" was a more accurate answer.