• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hello,
My number is EU10XXX and I sent the DS260 the 2nd week of May. Could I get an interview in November and if so should I get the e-mail the last week of September or earlier?
Also, I had to change my passport after filling out the DS260 it was damaged), can I tell them that directly during the interview or will that be a problem??
Once the interview is done how long do we have to wait to receive the documents before we can leave?
Thank you in advance!

- yes, it's possible
- informing them at the time of your interview shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you take both the old and the new passports along
- time of receipt of stamped passport varies, for some embassies, passports get returned with a couple of days, it takes a couple of weeks for others. Stamped visa on average is valid for 6 months, you're however free to depart for the U.S. the same day you receive your passport back if you so desire and are able to pull the logistics involved off.

- yes, it's possible
- informing them at the time of your interview shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you take both the old and the new passports along
- time of receipt of stamped passport varies, for some embassies, passports get returned with a couple of days, it takes a couple of weeks for others. Stamped visa on average is valid for 6 months, you're however free to depart for the U.S. the same day you receive your passport back if you so desire and are able to pull the logistics involved off.
You're always so helpful and quick to reply. Thank you SO much:)

Hi dears: I am stressed please advice me:

I sent the Ds 260 form on June 20,2015. I have masters. When I field the Ds 260 form I think, I did a mistake on

a) The number of educational institutions. In my understanding, I field only my degree and my masters, I miss high school. And also

b) On the number of highest level of education I choose University degree on the Ds-260 (but have master’s degree which I field on the original entry). So

1. Anyone who has experience helps me how to unlock Ds -260 form??

2. My case number is 2016AF00025xxx, so may unlocking the Ds-260 affecting my interview (day)??

3. Am late to Unlock Ds-260??

Thank you for your support!

Last edited:
In answer to your questions @lucky person:

1. To unlock the DS260, you have to email the KCC and ask them to unlock the form. When you email them, you will need to quote your name, date of birth and case number.

2. You're not current and won't be for a couple of months at least so it won't impact your interview.

3. You are not too late to unlock the form and correct it.

Hi,
Firstly, thanks for the forum and all the advice you are helping people with! Could you kindly confirm something for me...

I am a DV lottery 2016 winner, all docs are submitted to KCC already. With regard to the PCC... my wife and I have lived in South Africa, Dubai, and are currently in Australia. From what I have read, I need PCC's from each of these countries and should get the previous countries done in the meantime but wait for my interview date before doing the one from my current country of residence.
My question is this: Do each of these PCC's need to be fingerprint PCC's? The Australian one in particular gives an option for a "Name only PCC" or a "Name and Fingerprint PCC" (There is a massive cost difference, with the fingerprint one being much more expensive and I would rather not waste money on that one if it is not required).

Thanks again!
Clint

2016ners are not much active on the forums like those of 2015 at least if all could join in cos its where they will get necessary info from

Hi,
Firstly, thanks for the forum and all the advice you are helping people with! Could you kindly confirm something for me...

I am a DV lottery 2016 winner, all docs are submitted to KCC already. With regard to the PCC... my wife and I have lived in South Africa, Dubai, and are currently in Australia. From what I have read, I need PCC's from each of these countries and should get the previous countries done in the meantime but wait for my interview date before doing the one from my current country of residence.
My question is this: Do each of these PCC's need to be fingerprint PCC's? The Australian one in particular gives an option for a "Name only PCC" or a "Name and Fingerprint PCC" (There is a massive cost difference, with the fingerprint one being much more expensive and I would rather not waste money on that one if it is not required).

Thanks again!
Clint

No one that I know of in OC has gotten the finger print check. The name check will suffice BUT you need to include all names and select Code 33 when you fill in the application. Alot of people select code 35 because it says it's for visas, but code 35 is a standard check that won't include spent offences. The embassy want a full disclosure check including all spent and unspent offences, so select Code 33.

2016ners are not much active on the forums like those of 2015 at least if all could join in cos its where they will get necessary info from
I think 2016ners are active they just haven't joined this particular forum as yet . Most of us joined under the (2015 winners forum) cause that's when most of us got know we where winners but they will join soon

I think 2016ners are active they just haven't joined this particular forum as yet . Most of us joined under the (2015 winners forum) cause that's when most of us got know we where winners but they will join soon

I feel so bad for DV winners who haven't discovered this forum yet. They must feel so in the dark. And here we all are on our thrones with our bastions of knowledge.

hello again,
I have a few lingering questions i forgot to ask earlier.
The U.S. Embassy where I'll have the interview requires me to send a notification of applicant readiness, meaning that I need to fill out forms DS-2001 and DS-230.
-I am assuming that I need to wait before receiving the interview appointment e-mail before sending the DS-2001, right?
It is confusing because it says on the interview preparation instructions: 'You will be scheduled for a visa interview at the earliest possible date after form DS-2001 is received by our office.'
-The only DS-230 form I could find online expires on 06/30/2015. Will that be a problem?
-I am confused regarding forms I-864 and I-864A. A family member will be supporting me financially when I leave until I find a job, but he's not American. It seems that theses forms are only for American sponsors. Is that right? Would a letter from my bank, showing that my family member has enough to support me suffice?
Thank you!

hello again,
The U.S. Embassy where I'll have the interview requires me to send a notification of applicant readiness, meaning that I need to fill out forms DS-2001 and DS-230.
-I am assuming that I need to wait before receiving the interview appointment e-mail before sending the DS-2001, right?
It is confusing because it says on the interview preparation instructions: 'You will be scheduled for a visa interview at the earliest possible date after form DS-2001 is received by our office.'
-The only DS-230 form I could find online expires on 06/30/2015. Will that be a problem?
-I am confused regarding forms I-864 and I-864A. A family member will be supporting me financially when I leave until I find a job, but he's not American. It seems that theses forms are only for American sponsors. Is that right? Would a letter from my bank, showing that my family member has enough to support me suffice?
Thank you!

I don't recall your previous post but this is all rather confusing. Did you follow the link to the dvselectee website from your notification letter? The DS230 has not been used since DV2013. The DS260 is the form to use now and is completed and submitted online, and you won't get an interview scheduled until it is completed and processed. This is all explained online. You didn't use an agent, did you? Are you sure that the mail you have received is from the embassy? Does the return address match the publicly available contact info?

Also, the only sponsor that matters is a US resident. You need form I134 for DV.

I don't recall your previous post but this is all rather confusing. Did you follow the link to the dvselectee website from your notification letter? The DS230 has not been used since DV2013. The DS260 is the form to use now and is completed and submitted online, and you won't get an interview scheduled until it is completed and processed. This is all explained online. You didn't use an agent, did you? Are you sure that the mail you have received is from the embassy? Does the return address match the publicly available contact info?

Also, the only sponsor that matters is a US resident. You need form I134 for DV.

Hello,
Yes, of course. I followed the instructions and sent the DS-260 back in early May. (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/entry.html)I filled out everything a while ago but apparently the U.S. Embassy hasn't updated their website because they're still mentioning the DS-230. This is not all explained online because I received contradicting information from the Embassy website and the informations from the website I just linked.
No I didn't use an Agent. I didn't say I have received any mail yet. The only one I received was the one after I filled out the DS-260 back in May but since my number is current I am assuming I will receive one pretty soon from KCC.
I am still confused as to why I have to fill out form DS-2001 and when I have to send it.
I have never seen mentioned form I-134 anywhere but I'll fill it out as well.
Thanks

Winning Dv lottery May be sweet To the ears but You must be all aware of the complication and waiting it comes with.

So normal Dv lottery application opens in October from 1-5th,When you applied you will have to wait up to May 1st the following Year to confirm Whether Your application was selected for further processing Which means you've won and therefore A case number is issued on your case.

Ladies and gentlemen,It doesn't end there! You have to submit a an online form called ds 260 which you are required to enter all the latest information about yourself and should match the original information you entered while applying.

It is in this form that you should state any changes you made or had in your life from the point of application to date,If you had a baby please state it in the form,or if you got married you need also to add your husband onto the form.Without doing so you wont be able to fly with your infant baby or your newly found love(husband)

Hello,
Yes, of course. I followed the instructions and sent the DS-260 back in early May. (http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/entry.html)I filled out everything a while ago but apparently the U.S. Embassy hasn't updated their website because they're still mentioning the DS-230. This is not all explained online because I received contradicting information from the Embassy website and the informations from the website I just linked.
No I didn't use an Agent. I didn't say I have received any mail yet. The only one I received was the one after I filled out the DS-260 back in May but since my number is current I am assuming I will receive one pretty soon from KCC.
I am still confused as to why I have to fill out form DS-2001 and when I have to send it.
I have never seen mentioned form I-134 anywhere but I'll fill it out as well.
Thanks

What embassy is this? So you don't actually have specific notification from the embassy about your case, you are just looking at their website?

You don't fill out I134, your sponsor does. You asked about sponsor forms.

What embassy is this? So you don't actually have specific notification from the embassy about your case, you are just looking at their website?

You don't fill out I134, your sponsor does. You asked about sponsor forms.
Yes I am looking at their website. Yes I know it is my sponsor who has to fill it out, that's what I meant. Never mind.
If someone else can help me out that'd be helpful thank you!

hello again,
Thank you!

Most of the information listed on the website which you've listed above are not DV related. However, before we can begin to narrow down what's actually required or not, it helps if you state precisely which U.S. Embassy you will be interviewing at, it's possible we have forum members who have already interviewed at that embassy.

Yes I am looking at their website. Yes I know it is my sponsor who has to fill it out, that's what I meant. Never mind.
If someone else can help me out that'd be helpful thank you!

That's why I asked you what embassy it was. So that someone who had interviewed there might be able to help you.
Sheesh.

Hi,

I submitted my ds-260 in early May but had it unlocked late August. Do you think it may delay my interview. My CN is EU13***.
Another question: I lived in Australia as a backpacker in various hostels whose names I don't even remember for a little longer than 1 month and I didn't list this when I completed the form. Can it be an issue? There are two clear entry-exit stamps in my passport which confirm that I didn't stay there for an extended period of time (5 weeks actually).

Thanking you all in advance.

Hi,

I submitted my ds-260 in early May but had it unlocked late August. Do you think it may delay my interview. My CN is EU13***.
Another question: I lived in Australia as a backpacker in various hostels whose names I don't even remember for a little longer than 1 month and I didn't list this when I completed the form. Can it be an issue? There are two clear entry-exit stamps in my passport which confirm that I didn't stay there for an extended period of time (5 weeks actually).

Thanking you all in advance.

Your number isn't yet current, so the unlock technically shouldn't cause a delay. In addition, a delay really depends on the reason for the unlock, if it involves adding a spouse as a derivative for instance, it could lead to a delay.

Since you were basically visiting Australia during those 5 week trips, you're not required to list them.