• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hello from South Africa ! Really happy to have found this forum. I just have to re-iterate what many before have already stated which is " thank you " for such great input and such passion with regards to the replies that the regular members post. Really , really appreciate it.
My CN is AF00048xxx. Based on what i have read in the previous posts , my guess is that my interview will be between May and July next year ?
I dont really have too many questions at this stage but will keep reading as i have learnt a lot from other peoples responses already.
Anyways, thanks again. Not sure how i am going to maintain any form normality as i am just too excited \ nervous !
USA is far , far away from the tip of Africa so its a big move for us :)
Any other SA winners on here ?
Cheers
Thirdtimelucky

Hello from South Africa ! Really happy to have found this forum. I just have to re-iterate what many before have already stated which is " thank you " for such great input and such passion with regards to the replies that the regular members post. Really , really appreciate it.
My CN is AF00048xxx. Based on what i have read in the previous posts , my guess is that my interview will be between May and July next year ?
I dont really have too many questions at this stage but will keep reading as i have learnt a lot from other peoples responses already.
Anyways, thanks again. Not sure how i am going to maintain any form normality as i am just too excited \ nervous !
USA is far , far away from the tip of Africa so its a big move for us :)
Any other SA winners on here ?
Cheers
Thirdtimelucky

I think your interview will be July/August timeline, not May. They will space out the CNs over the first 10/11 months of the year.

Hi, my case # is 2016AF200XXX
with referring to visa bulletin I think my interview will be scheduled for Jan or Feb. noting that I have submitted the DS-260 back in June and unlocked for vaccination report update
do not you agree with me about the interview date???

Hi, my case # is 2016AF200XXX
with referring to visa bulletin I think my interview will be scheduled for Jan or Feb. noting that I have submitted the DS-260 back in June and unlocked for vaccination report update
do not you agree with me about the interview date???
your number is not like that. there is no such anumber

Hi,
I am selected 2016SAXX45X and just now I see I made a mistake in the last US visit (March 2015). We are a family group of 4 and all travel and we stayed only 5 days, and accidentally put 5 years only in the form of my husband. What can I do? I unlock the DS260? or it is a problem that could be solved in the interview? I appreciate your help and thank you very much.

Hi,
I am selected 2016SAXX45X and just now I see I made a mistake in the last US visit (March 2015). We are a family group of 4 and all travel and we stayed only 5 days, and accidentally put 5 years only in the form of my husband. What can I do? I unlock the DS260? or it is a problem that could be solved in the interview? I appreciate your help and thank you very much.

Your number is current, BUT depending on when you submitted the DS260, you may or may not get an interview in the next batch (November). If you submitted in July on wards you probably will not make November. Personally I would correct that if there is time to kill anyway - although it is not a huge mistake and could be fixed in the interview.

Thanks Brit, for your answer, submitted the DS260 in May 30 .... and I can sense that my interview will be for November, and this is worrying me very much !! I think leave it and trust in God that everything will be fine. Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it.

Hi all
I have a problem and need your advise.
I unlocked the ds 260 in 31 of July for making some changes. Because of a bad and not functional of addresses, I declared my sisters address as mine. Changing address can penalize me? I really don't want to cause delays (CN EU11xxx) because is important to me to apply for the GC as soon as possible. What is your advice?

I called KCC on 25th inquiring about something and I also got a chance of asking them when the will send the 2nl she then replied me In a nice voice Sir we shell SEND THE 2NL ON 30th OR the 31st of Aug but still now no one has received any.Isn't this going to mass up some high CNs

just asking

I called KCC on 25th inquiring about something and I also got a chance of asking them when the will send the 2nl she then replied me In a nice voice Sir we shell SEND THE 2NL ON 30th OR the 31st of Aug but still now no one has received any.Isn't this going to mass up some high CNs

just asking

Those scheduled for an October interview have already received their 2NL.

Than am wrong cause i have not seen any one posting there happiness and its good news for them lets hope they all keep in touch

Than am wrong cause i have not seen any one posting there happiness and its good news for them lets hope they all keep in touch

Quite a few people have in fact posted that they have received 2NLs, perhaps you are not reading any of the other threads?

Dear all, First and foremost, I am truly grateful to all the wonderful people here who are taking the effort to help others win a DV. Hats-off :)
The forum has been extremely helpful. I learned a lot from here. However, I still have some doubts....
I am from Malaysia, and my CN is 2016AS00001XXX. I am scheduled for an interview on the 13th of Oct, 8.00am.
I have a few questions on the paperwork that we need to prepare

i) POLICE CERTIFICATES - I noticed from the travel.state.gov website, for Malaysians we require Certificate of Good Conduct, from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Does that mean I can omit police report? The Cert of Good Conduct is sufficient?

ii) MEDICAL EXAMINATION - As for the medical report, it has to be their panel clinic (from the website) or I can do at any clinic?

iii) EVIDENCE OF EDUCATION - How do I confirm the equivalence of our education to a 12-years course completion in US? Is there a way for me to clarify this?

iv) VISA FEES - Can I pay in USD at the embassy? (not in Malaysian Ringgit)

I have checked through the US embassy's website for Kuala Lumpur, but I have not found the answers.
Should I drop them an email?

Thank you so much.

Dear all, First and foremost, I am truly grateful to all the wonderful people here who are taking the effort to help others win a DV. Hats-off :)
The forum has been extremely helpful. I learned a lot from here. However, I still have some doubts....
I am from Malaysia, and my CN is 2016AS00001XXX. I am scheduled for an interview on the 13th of Oct, 8.00am.

i) POLICE CERTIFICATES - I noticed from the travel.state.gov website, for Malaysians we require Certificate of Good Conduct, from Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Does that mean I can omit police report? The Cert of Good Conduct is sufficient?

ii) MEDICAL EXAMINATION - As for the medical report, it has to be their panel clinic (from the website) or I can do at any clinic?

iii) EVIDENCE OF EDUCATION - How do I confirm the equivalence of our education to a 12-years course completion in US? Is there a way for me to clarify this?

I have checked through the US embassy's website for Kuala Lumpur, but I have not found the answers.

Thank you so much.

1. Malaysia apparently refers to the PCC as the Cert of Good Conduct, so they're more or less the same
http://malaysia.usembassy.gov/mobile/police_cert.html

2. Panel doctor only

4. Most U.S. embassies allow payment in using USD, I see no reason why Malaysia should be different.

Yes, go head and email the embassy, no harm in doing that.

p.s. Please post using the default font. The font you changed to is rather tiny and difficult on the eyes. Thanks.

Thank you so much.

1. The reciprocity page has the descrption for the cert of good conduct under the police records section. That means that for Malaysia, the cert of good conduct is what you need.
2. It MUST be their panel physician.
3. There will be some level of Malaysian education that is considered (by the US embassy there) to be equivilent to a US High School education. In the USA that means the point at which a child "graduates from High school" and is able to enter a college (University) without further barriers (such as a needing a GED). This normally happens when the child is about 18 - and has had 12 years of elementary and secondary education. Your education needs to be comparable to that - so it is unlikely you would have been ready at age 16 for example.
4. Yes you can pay in US dollars.

1. Malaysia apparently refers to the PCC as the Cert of Good Conduct, so they're more or less the same
http://malaysia.usembassy.gov/mobile/police_cert.html

2. Panel doctor only

4. Most U.S. embassies allow payment in using USD, I see no reason why Malaysia should be different.

Yes, go head and email the embassy, no harm in doing that.

p.s. Please post using the default font. The font you changed to is rather tiny and difficult on the eyes. Thanks.

snap.