• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Ok, was able to find a friend of a friend.
So now, all I need to do, at activation is let them know the new address? Do I need to go in anywhere else and have it changed?

Hi all! Just a quick update - our green cards arrived at our friend's place in NY this week. We activated on 18 March, so it's been about 10 weeks, which, from what I understand, is a little longer than in previous years.

We make the move in two weeks... It's finally happening! Thanks to all of you for the support and assistance xx

I've finally got my hands on my physical Green Cards, and I noticed the photo they used for both mine and my wife's is the original photo we submitted when we entered the lottery back in October 2013. Is that normal? Our temporary I-551 stamps used the more recent photos we submitted at our interview.

Our have the photos we submitted to Sydney at the interview. Not sure what others have. Maybe we're the abnormal ones?

So I keep confusing myself, I'm planning out my activation trip right now for early next month and I'm trying to remember if I've paid all my fees or not, I keep thinking there was something I need to pay online after my interview and visa fee. Is there?

I've been busy with other things and starting to panic now that I'm missing things.

So I keep confusing myself, I'm planning out my activation trip right now for early next month and I'm trying to remember if I've paid all my fees or not, I keep thinking there was something I need to pay online after my interview and visa fee. Is there?

I've been busy with other things and starting to panic now that I'm missing things.

Yes, this: https://www.uscis.gov/file-online/uscis-immigrant-fee

I've finally got my hands on my physical Green Cards, and I noticed the photo they used for both mine and my wife's is the original photo we submitted when we entered the lottery back in October 2013. Is that normal? Our temporary I-551 stamps used the more recent photos we submitted at our interview.

That does seem out of the ordinary. The photo on mine is also the one I submitted at the consulate interview.

Hey guys sorry to be a bother but since I'm having issues with where to have my green card sent again I wanted to check once I do my activation trip can I get back into the US using my visa a second time or do I need to have my greencard?

Hey guys sorry to be a bother but since I'm having issues with where to have my green card sent again I wanted to check once I do my activation trip can I get back into the US using my visa a second time or do I need to have my greencard?
You can use the visa in your passport when you come back in.

But whatever you do, don't call it a "visa" to the airline staff the second time, because it won't be a visa anymore, and people doing this have been met with "but this visa has expired". Make sure they understand the endorsement and thatit is now proof of LPR status.

Guys, some help needed. We're at the airport and qantas won't check us in with the stamp we got at activation. They called customs who apparently also said no, so now we need to register with esta before we can fly. Any advice?

Guys, some help needed. We're at the airport and qantas won't check us in with the stamp we got at activation. They called customs who apparently also said no, so now we need to register with esta before we can fly. Any advice?

Tell them to read page 40 of the DHS carrier information guide. This is a LARGE pdf that represents the guidance to airline carriers on what documents are required for travel. Really - this is the source.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Carrier Information Guide- English.pdf

Last edited:

And tell them they are muppets.

And whatever you do, DO NOT enter the US with ESTA - that would be a big mistake.