• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

We went to Port Melbourne. From memory, it was cheaper and it has the benefit of having everything on site. I think with the Medibank one, you have to go somewhere else for your xray whereas Port Melbourne can do everything (bloods, xray, the works).

Port Melbourne is a weird clinic though. They have alot of workmen come in with workplace injuries from the city building sites, which isn't nice to see. And Dr Charles made a comment on my second son's medical that I still find highly offensive (my son has special needs. Dr Charles said he would struggle to find employment. It was an ignorant comment that I didn't appreciate).

ugh, that is really disappointing to hear. How ignorant!

Thanks BritSimon. Does the principle applicant only or all derivatives need an account on USTravelDocs?

Hi LD, The USATravelDocs website is really confusing. I think by creating a profile it saves the consular official from having to type some details and makes group emails easy.

Only create a profile for the principle. I remember I filled in some pages and added Mrs Gulkan as a dependent however I'm not sure it's necessary. I think I did that by filling in the K (Fiance) Visa details?

I don't think anything on USATravelDocs is a "deal breaker". As long as you enter an email and connect it with your case number they're happy.

I'm going to one in Brisbane CD, Ann Street, at Central, and it's $485! Seems cheaper than your quotes, but still a lot.

It'll end up costing more as they add the vaccination cost and a few fees.

The Brisbane Medical is kinda funny. They don't have a toilet so you have to walk around the lobby of the 5 star sofitel hotel carrying your urine sample.

I started writing a big story about my Brisbane medical experience but never finished it.

It'll end up costing more as they add the vaccination cost and a few fees.

The Brisbane Medical is kinda funny. They don't have a toilet so you have to walk around the lobby of the 5 star sofitel hotel carrying your urine sample.

I started writing a big story about my Brisbane medical experience but never finished it.

A medical practice without a toilet ?! :eek: I'm surprised that's even legal in Australia :D

I am having a bit of trouble with the panel doctor.

They did not complete the full medical last week, asking me to come back today as they did not stock the necessary shots. I called them today and they told me to just wait as they cannot promise a date anytime soon - probably not even next month - as they do not have the shots ready in stock. I know my interview is a long way off, but this doctor has started to irritate me. Firstly, the doctor did not mention this when I booked the visit. I paid in full just to avoid any negative feedback and have to swallow-the-bitter-pill for now as I do not want to piss of the doctor and this somehow "reflects" in my medical report. This was the most expensive out of all panel doctors in my country- I chose this one assuming that higher cost equates to more professional service.

I am traveling for the major part of Nov and probably early Dec - this was the sole reason I got in the medical done so early. I cannot take any action for now to avoid any negative repercussions and have paid a good sum of money, so cannot afford another doctor. I also cannot complain to the embassy - I assume this is none of their business.

I am lost on ideas and any tips will be most appreciated.

They did not complete the full medical last week, asking me to come back today as they did not stock the necessary shots. I called them today and they told me to just wait as they cannot promise a date anytime soon - probably not even next month - as they do not have the shots ready in stock. I know my interview is a long way off, but this doctor has started to irritate me. Firstly, the doctor did not mention this when I booked the visit. I paid in full just to avoid any negative feedback and have to swallow-the-bitter-pill for now as I do not want to piss of the doctor and this somehow "reflects" in my medical report. This was the most expensive out of all panel doctors in my country- I chose this one assuming that higher cost equates to more professional service.

I am traveling for the major part of Nov and probably early Dec - this was the sole reason I got in the medical done so early. I cannot take any action for now to avoid any negative repercussions and have paid a good sum of money, so cannot afford another doctor. I also cannot complain to the embassy - I assume this is none of their business.

Have you received your 2NL yet? When's your interview?

Whilst I sympathize with your situation, at least there is one positive to this matter - the later that your medical is completed, the longer the certificate if valid through to. Keep in mind that medical certificates are generally only valid for 6 months, and you have to have a valid medical certificate for your activation trip (after getting your visa).

If there is no vaccine available in your country there is provision for a waiver of it on that grounds - we got that due to a nationwide shortage of varicella vaccine when we went for our medicals. There was no issue although the kids needed it done before starting school. I guess there may be some vaccines where you will need it done when you arruve in the US.
If it's just a case of the practice being out of stock - yes that's shoddy.
When is your interview?

The doctor can't make your report 'look' negative, it's basically a checklist that you either meet or don't meet. I think you are perfectly within your rights to inform them that unless they can guarantee they will have what you need by X date (X being when you need to have made an appointment with another doctor) that either they need to arrange with the other doctor to complete the bit they can't, or refund you fees so you can do it elsewhere.
Of course, again, this is only a solution if it is the practice itself that is being shoddy. If it is a nationwide shortage of the vaccines you'll face the same problem everywhere. So I think you first need to establish exactly what the problem is. Oh, and I don't think there's any problem contacting the embassy to inform them of the problems. It's not like a job interview where someone can just go "this person is too much trouble, reject them". They can't reject you on spurious grounds and furthermore if it is a problem with the actual panel doctor, the embassy should actually be told about it - including the fact that they charged you for free official US forms. Panel doctors are reviewed every year and maybe this one deserves to be shafted.

Had my medical exam this morning at George St Medical Centre. All went well, I had all my vaccination records in order, so thankfully didn't need to get any shots. The main thing that seemed to be concerned about was immunisation for MMR, chicken pox and pertussis/tetanus. She mentioned also that I was immune to hep B, but it wasn't really that main priority for the US visa.

Got a full body check done as well and asked all the questions on that DS form, plus got my hooha checked to confirm I was female!!:eek: (positive)

It ended up taking about 2 and a half hours, costing $457 exactly, $346.50 for the doctors visit, $80 for the x-ray which you have to go up to Macquarie St for and another $30.50 for the blood test, but I only had to get tested for syphilis as I showed the records for immunisations, it might have cost a bit more otherwise? While I was waiting I overheard (eavesdropping) on one of the receptionists dealing with someone on the phone who needed a new medical ASAP because theirs had expired and they were leaving the country in a week... :confused: Not sure what the outcome was there.

Next, the interview... hopefully in this time 2 weeks I will be dancing in the streets. :D

Got a full body check done as well and asked all the questions on that DS form, plus got my hooha checked to confirm I was female!!:eek: (positive)
It ended up taking about 2 and a half hours, costing $457 exactly, $346.50 for the doctors visit, $80 for the x-ray which you have to go up to Macquarie St for and another $30.50 for the blood test, but I only had to get tested for syphilis as I showed the records for immunisations, it might have cost a bit more otherwise? ...

I can confirm that the Brisbane medical doesn't perform a "hooha test" ;) You need to get down to your undies though. My wife wore a sports bra and undies that looked kinda like pants. She looked like she was going to the gym.

Anzac Square Medical are fairly sensitive to women. I lay on the table while the doctor manipulated my limbs, Mrs Gulkan was made to put a bed sheet over herself before the same test.

Like you, I had no immunisation records and the only blood test was syphilis.

I can confirm that the Brisbane medical doesn't perform a "hooha test" ;) You need to get down to your undies though. My wife wore a sports bra and undies that looked kinda like pants. She looked like she was going to the gym.

Anzac Square Medical are fairly sensitive to women. I lay on the table while the doctor manipulated my limbs, Mrs Gulkan was made to put a bed sheet over herself before the same test.

Like you, I had no immunisation records and the only blood test was syphilis.

There was more definitely more undressing than I had anticipated (have to disrobe top half again for the chest X-ray), but hey you do what you gotta do for a green card. :D

to try and save some money husband and I are going to ensure our vaccinations are all up to date prior to going to the panel doctor. Will our regular GP give us some proof of record for vaccinations or will we need to ask for prints outs? Sorry, not really sure how we are meant to prove to panel doctor.

to try and save some money husband and I are going to ensure our vaccinations are all up to date prior to going to the panel doctor. Will our regular GP give us some proof of record for vaccinations or will we need to ask for prints outs? Sorry, not really sure how we are meant to prove to panel doctor.

Yeah, just ask them to print out the record of the vaccination being done and they should sign it as well. All you need. :)

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to tell if a birth certificate in an original or not? My parents are saying mine is but I'm concerned as it is dated 2000 (and I was born long before that!) but they said they never requested it until that time. It does say "certify that the above is a true copy of particulars recorded in a Register kept in the General Registry at Brisbane." and another note "Not Valid Unless Bearing the Authorised Seal and Signature of the Registrar-General" .. which it has.
Any help would be appreciated! :)