• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Big shout out to ConnectedSpace. He trusted me with his personal conf number to be able to figure out the session timed out issue. That was nice of him to trust me and "donate" that to the community. Others also did that - but I was very glad to finally see he was a winner..... again!

Thanks so much Simon and everyone! It's a massive relief and very exciting- I was walking on clouds in class today! Love all you guys.

And I'm really praying for the 2014 crew who missed out-- hopefully 2017 is your year. (And it looks like I owe Cthulhu some lambs for my piece of luck...)

Hi all first post here. Got selected with a 5xx case number and I am super excited.

Judging from other posts the interview should be in the first few months of next year does that sound about right?

Bit of background on myself, I applied as an Australian born citizen who currently resides in Hong Kong.

Cheers

Hi all first post here. Got selected with a 5xx case number and I am super excited.

Judging from other posts the interview should be in the first few months of next year does that sound about right?

Bit of background on myself, I applied as an Australian born citizen who currently resides in Hong Kong.

Cheers

If you have your interview in HK - you will need to be very clear about paperwork etc. Since they don't do many interviews they are quite strict. You have time to prepare over the coming months.

Hi there, amazing, source of info, thank you to all who contribute with the benefit of their knowledge and experience.

I was successful in the DV2016 lottery, and am absolutely thrilled! But have a few questions about my particular case. I'm currently living in the States on an E3 that is due to expire end of August 2015. My plan was to do an in-country extension through my company's lawyers and head back to Australia in November to get a new E3 visa. My number is relatively low for Oceania - 1xx. I'm now thinking I could do an AOS and not have to leave the States. My question is am I eligible for AOS firstly, am assuming I am as long as I apply before my visa expires in August? Then I'm wondering whether I can apply to extend my E3 if I've already completed an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status? Basically I'm not sure which I should do first? I don't want to be in the States without a visa, but I also don't want to do anything to jeopardise my E3 status in case I'm unsuccessful. Also can anyone shed any light on the timeframes involved, I know AOS takes longer than the alternative of heading back to Australia, but about how long am I looking at once my number has become available?

All help and advice much appreciated, and congrats to everyone who was successful and best of luck next year to everyone who wasn't!

Emily

Yes, you're eligible to process AOS, but the question is how soon can your lawyer file for the E-3 visa extension. I strongly recommend you initiate that process before filing for AOS which means you have something to fall back on should in the off chance the GC petition is denied. You have a low CN so your number should definitely become current in October, however because that is the beginning of the new FY, I wouldn't recommend you file your case before Oct 1st regardless of the memo that now allows an AOS case to be filed 2 months early.

For more information regarding the AOS process, visit the following link and post subsequent AOS related questions there:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2016-aos-only.326148/

Cheers, guys. If the processing time for these can be 4 months or so, I guess I'll try and start having a look at it soon.

BUT, there was a 'glitch' with the spouse DS260 in that you couldn't save education / work history details and come back to it later. At least I and a few others couldn't, anyway. It would stay there so long as you kept the DS260 open but, if you closed it and then came back in, it was gone. I'm guessing it's because the spouse's education / work history is irrelevant in terms of qualifying them for the lottery. That's my theory.

The only way to keep the spouse's education / work history was to submit the DS260. So my DS260 was done all in one go.