• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Every single number has been a low number so far. The "max number" will indicate where they think the cutoff will be for DV2015..

Great to finally see some winners. Awesome!!! Looking forward to seeing more. Sport for the guys and gals that didn't get selected. But there is always dv2017. Best of luck to all

Lol, your petition is funny @DVpetition. We are educated individuals who will be no burden on the US. If you understood how the lottery works, we have to have (at minimum) a high school education (most of us in OC have university degrees), have no criminal records that are of a moral turpitude nature, and be able to support ourselves.

Your post is offensive and your petition laughable. Please find something better to do with your time than to ruin the good news of others.

@EmilyW

Nicely said. I decided to delete my post as @DVpetition post was also deleted. Hopefully by a moderator. No need to start a "war" here. This is a family friendly forum with multitudes of information.

Thanks Emily :) Yep happy dance time at our house for sure :) Feels like it isn't really true but have printed out the letter and just starting at it lol! Now the journey truely begins
pfft.. I pretty much did the same thing, just reading it over and over doesn't help that I was half asleep when I checked the results this morning! :p

Congrats to our winners!

I was a 9XX number and I interviewed in April. There is no reason why the same patterns won't be repeated in 2016.

They have just selected less. It doesn't mean they intend to process less. :) What is does mean, hopefully, is that we don't have the long tails that have no hope.

Well it is too early to say, but to be clear there is a pace they use - i.e. even if they were only going to do half the work - they would stretch that to end in August/September....

Big shout out to ConnectedSpace. He trusted me with his personal conf number to be able to figure out the session timed out issue. That was nice of him to trust me and "donate" that to the community. Others also did that - but I was very glad to finally see he was a winner..... again!

pfft.. I pretty much did the same thing, just reading it over and over doesn't help that I was half asleep when I checked the results this morning! :p

I'm with you guys, I started screaming and jumping around at 6am. I woke up my family and the neighbours probably weren't to happy about it either haha.

I hope there is another draw later in the year for everyone that missed out. I had a feeling the selectees would reduce again from the 125k last year, but I didn't think they would reduce it THAT much. I was doing the math when the DoS posted on FB that 12,000 successful applications out of 2mil people had checked their status, that if 10-12 mil people had applied, that would mean only about 70,000 people could have been selected. I was thinking surely that isn't right! :eek: But it was close enough!

Just curious for the successful 2015 OC winners when did you tell your kids? Did they know from the start? We have a good CN but it is such a long process I don't want to get their hopes up too early in the journey lol!

Can you tell I am busting to shout it to the world lol!!

Just out of curiosity, where are the selectees from? For some reason I'm assuming we're all Australian so far... But please any Kiwis or whatever correct me if I'm wrong. :p

Just curious for the successful 2015 OC winners when did you tell your kids? Did they know from the start? We have a good CN but it is such a long process I don't want to get their hopes up too early in the journey lol!

Can you tell I am busting to shout it to the world lol!!

I told mine but it was always tempered with a 'IF'. Right up until the time we were in the elevator at the MLC Centre, I was coaching them that nothing is ever certain. Mine are 8 and 9 respectively in age. So old enough to understand but not old enough to cope with real disappointment.