• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Mona and Mom
My son's date was different as well but his application was return from Chicago Lockbox, that's why he got a different date. I call the USCIS to ask them that is okay to go with our son for the biometrics. They say some offices can do it if it's not busy. We went with him for a walk in and they did it without any hassle.
I think you should go with your husband or call first just to explain the situation.
Thanks for your suggestions
Today was my husband's biometrics appointment. I went with him and they did it for me regardless the date on my letter which was feb 5th. It was busy there actually but they said that's ok. So i just wanted to suggest anyone with same issue to just walk in to application center with your spouse and try to do your biometrics at the same time. Don't panic if you have different date on your letter.

Hi, may I also ask if it works if the deposit in the bank statement from an USA bank is low and from a foreign bank is high enough? Thanks.

Sorry to ask about the Notice of Action (NOA) from USCIS, will this arrive by mail or email? Thanks!

Actual notice by mail, notification about the NOA being mailed by email and/or text (if you included form G-1145 with your package).

Hi Mom. Back to my topic again ( regarding my F1 pending & Dvlottery 2016 application). We got the receipt for Aos ( we accepted your fingerprint fee for your Adjustment of status etc. ). I was wondering if the F1 application is still pending, would that answer matter anymore, since they accepted the case ?

Hi Mom. Back to my topic again ( regarding my F1 pending & Dvlottery 2016 application). We got the receipt for Aos ( we accepted your fingerprint fee for your Adjustment of status etc. ). I was wondering if the F1 application is still pending, would that answer matter anymore, since they accepted the case ?

Like I said before, those are two different petitions, more or less independent of each other. Regardless of the fact that the AOS petition is formally acknowledged and accepted, the result of the F1 petition (if issued before the AOS petition) matters. If the F1 gets decided first, and the outcome is an approval, you're good. If it's a denial, and assuming your current visitor's visa has expired, you're deemed out of status which makes you ineligible to file AOS regardless of that petition's current acceptance status. One is required to be in a valid status all the way to the time of the interview.

I see NY FO too, just was not sure if I can go there. So thank you for details, I'll wait maybe a week and if nothing I'll schedule an appointment there.
I scheduled it on https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php The options I've chose:
"New York field office" > "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" > "Case Services follow-up appointment "

Do you see the Queens office as the only option? Maybe try entering a Manhattan zip code (such as 10001).

I tried to enter 10001 zip and select New York field office. And I followed steps you suggested, but still getting "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."
Didn't you try to make info pass appointment one more time?

Thanks

I tried to enter 10001 zip and select New York field office. And I followed steps you suggested, but still getting "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."
Didn't you try to make info pass appointment one more time?

Thanks

I just tried it and I now get the same message. I didn't schedule a second appointment after the one I had.

Dear Mom and all readers,

I wanna share some good news. I received my welcome letter yesterday and today I received a notification that my card was mailed.
I would thank Mom for endless help in replying all my questions and also all other readers who always support each other.
After went through the process, few summary I would like to share:

1. Trust Mom excel spreadsheets and follow her guidance, if you do not understand then ask!
2. Be honest in filling the forms
3. Be PATIENCE
4. MOM you are the best!

I wish everyone luck and keep your faith!

Dear Mom and all readers,

I wanna share some good news. I received my welcome letter yesterday and today I received a notification that my card was mailed.
I would thank Mom for endless help in replying all my questions and also all other readers who always support each other.
After went through the process, few summary I would like to share:

1. Trust Mom excel spreadsheets and follow her guidance, if you do not understand then ask!
2. Be honest in filling the forms
3. Be PATIENCE
4. MOM you are the best!

I wish everyone luck and keep your faith!

Congratulations! :)

Well, we had an Infopass appointment, it was not helpfull at all, they told us it's been only a month since our biometrics, and usually it takes 3-4 months for interview letter to be send, I specifically said that our case is DV case, and our number is current in January for what they replied that "it's not by months it's by a fiscal year, don't worry"(I assume they don't have much experience with the dv cases). Basically they said to wait until end of March, which is a little bit frustrating, and unfortunately there is nothing else that we can do.
Mom do you know how often we can have the infopass? I am thinking to schedule another one on the beginning of March, may be if I bug them frequently it may bring attention to our case.

Well, we had an Infopass appointment, it was not helpfull at all, they told us it's been only a month since our biometrics, and usually it takes 3-4 months for interview letter to be send, I specifically said that our case is DV case, and our number is current in January for what they replied that "it's not by months it's by a fiscal year, don't worry"(I assume they don't have much experience with the dv cases). Basically they said to wait until end of March, which is a little bit frustrating, and unfortunately there is nothing else that we can do.
Mom do you know how often we can have the infopass? I am thinking to schedule another one on the beginning of March, may be if I bug them frequently it may bring attention to our case.
Well I think you have nothing to worry about. Its only been a month a few day's. They said about the fiscal year which means they know about DV cases. I think these small field offices are comes under a one district office and they are the once who set rules. There is a one district director. I think you should not worry about. My case is I moved to NH and now I belong to Manchester field office and I can't see any DV case going through that field office. But I m kind of hoping it would act the same way as Boston office as it comes under boston district office.

Unfortunately, we had exactly the same answer during our INFOPASS, despite we were current in October, had bio in the end of October... We had infopass in January and we were told: "don't worry, we have your file, year is long, you still have time, maybe start to worry at the end of the March..." what??? end of the March??? it's half of the year...!
I suspect the delays are not connected to the particular FO, I so different time processing in the same FO...

You can go for an INFOPASS appointment as often as you like/able to.

Hello guys, i am in a same situation waiting for my IL. My field office is Omaha, NE and couldnt find any previous members in the timelines with the same field office in order to compare. I have done my biometrics a month ago and waiting for IL.
And the case status still says that fingerprint fee was received and no updates after that. I wonder if thats normal.

Hello guys, i am in a same situation waiting for my IL. My field office is Omaha, NE and couldnt find any previous members in the timelines with the same field office in order to compare. I have done my biometrics a month ago and waiting for IL.
And the case status still says that fingerprint fee was received and no updates after that. I wonder if thats normal.

According to previous posts on this forum, most I-485 cases through DV don't get any status updates until the case is approved/denied. So it says "Fingerprint fee was received" until after your interview.

Every FO has a different timeline for sure but I think a month is too soon to start getting worried. It's been more than 4 months since my biometrics appointment and still no IL, if that's any consolation :)