• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

@Sm1smom , @Britsimon and everyone

We went for infopass today our FO is Baltimore Field Office. We get there on time and our infopass didn't take long. We told her about I-485 submission and we've paid the DV fee, she said, I know otherwise you wouldn't't be here. We ask the FO about the biometrics and background check? She said it's done, we asked about the file request at KCC she said it's not requested yet because we're within our window. At this time we were at the point where we didn't want to flood her with questions because she get bit uncomfortable when we ask her about the file at KCC and she was not friendly at all.
She said something very confusing! She said we're within our window and now they're doing people of September! I was confused because I was thinking what about those who will be current in August or September but I kept those questions to myself.

That's our infopass people. Honestly I don't know either it went well or what? Because it was my first infopass.
Thanks Mom and Simon for your advice because if it wasn't for Simon infopass suggestions, I don't know what we were going to ask Maybe we were going to ask wrong questions.

Maybe she seemed unfriendly because she had no idea what the KCC file is, and it doesn't look like she quite got the fact that your I-485 is DV based. The September cases she referenced are not DV based, considering the fact that your your applicable DV year is 2016, and DV 2015 is already over since last September. It also seems you were rather timid with your line of questioning. Anyway, let's hope the fact that you went in to inquire about the case in person will lead to the IL showing up shortly.

Maybe she seemed unfriendly because she had no idea what the KCC file is, and it doesn't look like she quite got the fact that your I-485 is DV based. The September cases she referenced are not DV based, considering the fact that your your applicable DV year is 2016, and DV 2015 is already over since last September. It also seems you were rather timid with your line of questioning. Anyway, let's hope the fact that you went in to inquire about the case in person will lead to the IL showing up shortly.
Thanks Mom
We told her that it's a DV lottery and she said, she can see that. Well as for the file she said it's not requested and I call KCC last week and yesterday, just to make sure before we go for infopass. They say it's not requested.
I won't be surprised if the IL shows up miraculously because she was so busy on her computer.
Thanks a lot @Sm1smom and @Britsimon, I don't know how we were going to do this without your help because this process is hard.

Thanks Mom
We told her that it's a DV lottery and she said, she can see that. Well as for the file she said it's not requested and I call KCC last week and yesterday, just to make sure before we go for infopass. They say it's not requested.
I won't be surprised if the IL shows up miraculously because she was so busy on her computer.
Thanks a lot @Sm1smom and @Britsimon, I don't know how we were going to do this without your help because this process is hard.

Just because she confirmed she could see it's DV related doesn't mean she understands the processing or the urgency involved considering she said they're currently processing September cases, a processing time which is not applicable to DV cases. Anyway, fingers crossed for you guys.

Just because she confirmed she could see it's DV related doesn't mean she understands the processing or the urgency involved considering she said they're currently processing September cases, a processing time which is not applicable to DV cases. Anyway, fingers crossed for you guys.
Ooohhh! Now understand, she might not know that it's DV based and the urgency. You are right because sometimes we assume they know.
If nothing happens by the end of next month we're going to schedule another ifopass.
Thanks mom

Hello everyone,
I submitted my DV fee to uscis office Missouri and waiting for a receipt, but the problem is I didn't noticed that it said to include stamped envelop with my return address, I guess that is the envelop which they will use to send the receipt. I haven't got the receipt or any mail back from them. What will happen now since I didn't send they empty stamped envelop with my address in it ?, is there a contact phone no to USCIS DV program ?, how long is it taking for Everyone else to get the DV payment receipt from USCIS
Just let you know I was in same situation and I emailed KCC about this like mom said, they emailed me back with DV fee receipt pretty quick. It took only 2 days.

Hi all,

I have submitted my I-485 and I-765 back in December (my case became current in February), completed Biometrics in January and I will be receiving soon my EAD (it was shipped last week, according to USCIS website). No interview letter yet - I know, it's early.
The problem is that I have received a job offer in California (now I live in Hawaii), and I really want to accept it as soon as I have my EAD. What should I do? I am afraid that if I change my residence, then as a consequence my FO will change (from Honolulu to LA) and this may delay the process... and possibly I would run out of time! Any suggestion on what to do to limit the risk? Thank you!!

Hi all,

I have submitted my I-485 and I-765 back in December (my case became current in February), completed Biometrics in January and I will be receiving soon my EAD (it was shipped last week, according to USCIS website). No interview letter yet - I know, it's early.
The problem is that I have received a job offer in California (now I live in Hawaii), and I really want to accept it as soon as I have my EAD. What should I do? I am afraid that if I change my residence, then as a consequence my FO will change (from Honolulu to LA) and this may delay the process... and possibly I would run out of time! Any suggestion on what to do to limit the risk? Thank you!!

If you're able to arrange to be notified when you have USCIS mail at your current address, you can go ahead and take up the job offer in California. Of course that means you'll have to go back to Hawaii for your interview.

Alternatively, forgo the job offer and stay put. An attempt at trying to update your address with USCIS at this point in time is likely to lead to more frustrations and complications.

If you're able to arrange to be notified when you have USCIS mail at your current address, you can go ahead and take up the job offer in California. Of course that means you'll have to go back to Hawaii for your interview.

Alternatively, forgo the job offer and stay put. An attempt at trying to update your address with USCIS at this point in time is likely to lead to more frustrations and complications.

Thank you Sm1smom! I thought that changing address at this stage would likely result in a mess... and LA FO is supposed to be very busy too. Hopefully I will get my IL within the next month or so, otherwise I will keep my residence here in Hawaii and I will have somebody check my mail daily for the letter (and then fly back for the interview)

Hi Mom and all,
After the long wait, my wife and I finally received our green cards today! Thanks Mom for your enormous help through this process. I wish everyone in this forum a smooth and easy process for your green cards!

Congratulations!! Did your infopass help? I know you've been waiting a while after your interview.

It's been almost 2 months since my interview (on Jan 21st) and two weeks since the IO finally received the KCC file. The waiting game is getting old :( I've never run a marathon but now I know why the last 6 miles could be the hardest... patience is starting to wear out

I'm going to be in the FO area next week, and I'm planning on doing an infopass, and I hope it helps.

Hi,
I have two questions:

1) Regarding the I-485 fees. Do we need to send a separate checks for each family member, or we can send one personal check with full amount?

2) Sections 5 ("employment documents") and 6 ("evidence of financial support") in the "AOS Package" tab of the Excel file. Do I need to attach those documents if currently I don't work? My current status is O-3 so I can't officially work. However, 4 month ago I was on J-2 status and had an EAD and a partial time work.

Thanks!

Congratulations!! Did your infopass help? I know you've been waiting a while after your interview.

It's been almost 2 months since my interview (on Jan 21st) and two weeks since the IO finally received the KCC file. The waiting game is getting old :( I've never run a marathon but now I know why the last 6 miles could be the hardest... patience is starting to wear out

I'm going to be in the FO area next week, and I'm planning on doing an infopass, and I hope it helps.

After two months of waiting, you can either follow up in person at your FO or contact your congress person to follow up on your behalf - that should kind of bring the case back to your IO's attention just in case they've lost sight of it.

Hi,
I have two questions:

1) Regarding the I-485 fees. Do we need to send a separate checks for each family member, or we can send one personal check with full amount?

2) Sections 5 ("employment documents") and 6 ("evidence of financial support") in the "AOS Package" tab of the Excel file. Do I need to attach those documents if currently I don't work? My current status is O-3 so I can't officially work. However, 4 month ago I was on J-2 status and had an EAD and a partial time work.

Thanks!

1. No you don't 'need' to send two separate checks, one would suffice. However, it's advisable to send two, just in case a one package has some error and is rejected. In such a case, only the one with the error gets sent back, but if they're both covered by one check, then everything gets sent back.

2. The reasoning behind the employment and financial documents is that of proving one has a good source of income and wouldn't become a public charge. So you'll have to make the call whether to include those or not, you wouldn't be penalized for not including them, nor will your case be jeopardized by their inclusion. Of course you'll mention/list the job on your form(s).

1. No you don't 'need' to send two separate checks, one would suffice. However, it's advisable to send two, just in case a one package has some error and is rejected. In such a case, only the one with the error gets sent back, but if they're both covered by one check, then everything gets sent back.

2. The reasoning behind the employment and financial documents is that of proving one has a good source of income and wouldn't become a public charge. So you'll have to make the call whether to include those or not, you wouldn't be penalized for not including them. Of course you'll mention/list the job on your form(s).

Thanks for answers. I would like to clarify the following. I'm the primary applicant and my spouse is my dependent on this DV greencard application. However, he is the one who has a full time job here in US (he is on O-1 visa and I'm on O-3). Should I fill the affidavit of support where my spouse will be my sponsor?

Thanks for answers. I would like to clarify the following. I'm the primary applicant and my spouse is my dependent on this DV greencard application. However, he is the one who has a full time job here in US (he is on O-1 visa and I'm on O-3). Should I fill the affidavit of support where my spouse will be my sponsor?

Yes, you can do that. It's generally assumed one spouse's income/earnings is for both. You'll need those earlier mentioned documents of your spouse though in this case.

Yes, you can do that. It's generally assumed one spouse's income/earnings is for both. You'll need those earlier mentioned documents of your spouse though in this case.
So it means that we don't need to fill the i-134 form, right? I also found that "Form I-134 must be filled out by someone who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident" is this correct? In this case we can just submit the evidence of my spouse income: offer letter, paychecks, bank statements?

After two months of waiting, you can either follow up in person at your FO or contact your congress person to follow up on your behalf - that should kind of bring the case back to your IO's attention just in case they've lost sight of it.
Mom, do you also suggest I call USCIS and ask to speak with a supervisor so they can submit a case inquiry? And do you think this will be of any use https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do ?

So it means that we don't need to fill the i-134 form, right? I also found that "Form I-134 must be filled out by someone who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident" is this correct? In this case we can just submit the evidence of my spouse income: offer letter, paychecks, bank statements?

Yes, you can submit your spouse's evidence of income.

To answer your first two questions, it's not quite a matter of need or don't need to. USCIS hasn't specifically listed that requirement. However, the onus is on you to present everything and anything you think could possibly enhance your case.