• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi mom,

Can you help me with form I-508 part 1?

I'm the spouse of an E2 and in form I-508 part 1, point 9, they ask about employment information. The form ask for the "name of mission or organization". Are they asking for a government organization or also includes private companies?. My husband has his own company and I work for an American company not related with his business at all. We both not work for any mission or government agency, and I don't now if I have to fill in the form with the info of the company I'm working for.

Thanks!

I have a weird story that I want to share with you:

I already had two infopass appointments and those were totally useless, both took 2-3 minutes and they just told me to wait, so I decided not to go to infopass anymore since it's 2 hours driving from my city. But for some reason I had to travel to Portland (where my FO is located) on march 7th, so I decided to try one more time and when I checked the website, the only available time during March was 7th (I was lucky!). Yesterday, during the infopass, she took my documents and came back after 40 minutes with my interview letter and told me your interview is tomorrow! and you are so lucky that you are here today otherwise you would miss your interview... Thank you Mom for insisting on infopass!

Today I had my interview, the officer was so nice and we went through my I-485 form and after that she said I'll approve your case if visa number is still available (which I think it should be available since we are in the middle of the fiscal year). She didn't ask for any documents, just checked my ID, passport, and SSN.

As I said in my previous post, I didn't get my IL because for unknown reason post wasn't able to deliver it. In my interview, officer told me to find out what was the problem that they returned the letter back to us because if it happens again for the GC you will be in trouble. When I talked to our post office they had no idea. Anyways, can I get a box in the post office to make sure that the same thing will not happen again or they cannot keep the letters from USCIS? Thanks!

As I said in my previous post, I didn't get my IL because for unknown reason post wasn't able to deliver it. In my interview, officer told me to find out what was the problem that they returned the letter back to us because if it happens again for the GC you will be in trouble. When I talked to our post office they had no idea. Anyways, can I get a box in the post office to make sure that the same thing will not happen again or they cannot keep the letters from USCIS? Thanks!

They won't deliver to a po box. Are you in an apartment? Is your name on the mailbox?

Hi mom,

I'm the spouse of an E2 and in form I-508 part 1, point 9, they ask about employment information. The form ask for the "name of mission or organization". Are they asking for a government organization or also includes private companies?. My husband has his own company and I work for an American company not related with his business at all. We both not work for any mission or government agency, and I don't now if I have to fill in the form with the info of the company I'm working for.

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. You may want to PM @lynnie11 for guidance on that.

I already had two infopass appointments and those were totally useless, both took 2-3 minutes and they just told me to wait, so I decided not to go to infopass anymore since it's 2 hours driving from my city. But for some reason I had to travel to Portland (where my FO is located) on march 7th, so I decided to try one more time and when I checked the website, the only available time during March was 7th (I was lucky!). Yesterday, during the infopass, she took my documents and came back after 40 minutes with my interview letter and told me your interview is tomorrow! and you are so lucky that you are here today otherwise you would miss your interview... Thank you Mom for insisting on infopass!

Today I had my interview, the officer was so nice and we went through my I-485 form and after that she said I'll approve your case if visa number is still available (which I think it should be available since we are in the middle of the fiscal year). She didn't ask for any documents, just checked my ID, passport, and SSN.

Wow! How fortunate!!

Hi Amiru. I am glad you finally did your interview, and I hope you will receive your GC very soon. If you do not mind, can I ask when you did your last Infopass before this one? And, what did you exactly tell the officer which made him to spend 40 minutes on your application with a nice results? I am going to have my 2nd infopass in few days, and want to make it very effective.

Hi mom,

Thanks!

I don't think it needs to be a government organization specifically, it just says organization. We just included our current employer's details for that question.

Hi Amiru. I am glad you finally did your interview, and I hope you will receive your GC very soon. If you do not mind, can I ask when you did your last Infopass before this one? And, what did you exactly tell the officer which made him to spend 40 minutes on your application with a nice results? I am going to have my 2nd infopass in few days, and want to make it very effective.
I had my last infopass about 50 days before this one. I told the officer that I've done my Bio on Oct but I haven't received anything after that and in the previous infopass you told me (I talked to the same person) that you should receive your IL in about 30 days and if you didn't call us. Then she said that it's weird and there might by something wrong, let me find you documents and see what's going on.
I hope you get some useful information in your infopass and get your IL soon.

Yes, I'm in an apartment and my name is on the mailbox!

That's rather weird, especially considering you received your NOA and bio notice at the same address, correct? Anyway, did you sign up online for case status notifications? If you did, that should be sending you notifications whenever USCIS mail out anything to you. If you haven't, I strongly recommend you do so right away.

That's rather weird, especially considering you received your NOA and bio notice at the same address, correct? Anyway, did you sign up online for case status notifications? If you did, that should be sending you notifications whenever USCIS mail out anything to you. If you haven't, I strongly recommend you do so right away.
Do you mean form G-1145? Yes, I've put that form in my documents and got a text message when they received my documents but I didn't get any notice when they send me the IL!

To state the obvious,you confirmed that they had the correct mailing address?
In any case it shouldn't be a problem for the green card then.
Yes, I confirmed the address. I have already received my NOA and bio notice without any problem. Today, I again checked my address with post office, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Do you mean form G-1145? Yes, I've put that form in my documents and got a text message when they received my documents but I didn't get any notice when they send me the IL!

No, not the G-1145, that form is only for sending the initial NOA following the package acceptance by the Chicago lockbox.

You'll need to go to the USCIS case status check website, create an account, log into the account and indicate if you want text or email notifications regarding your case. I explained this in Step 10 of the AOS process on the spreadsheet.

Hi, I got my Green card today on the day of my birthday ! :)
Thank you so much Mom for replying my questions and helping me out during my hard time during the process.
The spread sheet was really helpful to me. Thank you once again.
:)

Happy Green Birthday!

Hi, I got my Green card today on the day of my birthday ! :)
Thank you so much Mom for replying my questions and helping me out during my hard time during the process.
The spread sheet was really helpful to me. Thank you once again.
:)

AWESOME! Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!

No, not the G-1145, that form is only for sending the initial NOA following the package acceptance by the Chicago lockbox.

You'll need to go to the USCIS case status check website, create an account, log into the account and indicate if you want text or email notifications regarding your case. I explained this in Step 10 of the AOS process on the spreadsheet.
Thanks Mom! I just created and account in USCIS website. It seems that they haven't updated my status yet, it still shows "On October 6, 2015, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your...".