• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi all,

I have a 2 questions.

The first is regarding retrieving status updates on the production of my permanent resident card from USCIS ELIS. The case status online page expect to enter Receipt Number which I don't know where I should find it or receive it. I entered US through JFK and the officer didn't give me any number or any document back. He just stamped my immigration visa in passport and said that it is temporary green card valid for one year before I receive the plastic one. Where can I get the Receipt Number please?

The second is about SSN. I checked the box in my DS-260 that I want SSN to be issues. Can I expect that the SSN will be issued and send with the green card and mailed to the address I put in DS-260? Or should I visit any SSN office in US and request SSN there?

Thank you for any advises.

Tomas

Email USCIS for the GC status update/receipt number:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/contactus

The SSN doesn't get sent with the GC. Different organizations are responsible for the production of both cards. The SSN may show up in your mail box, however it's not a bad idea to visit your nearest SSA office to inquire about the SSN

Am sorry

2015AS00009***

Sorry, your CN did not become current, that's why you never received any interview notification. The cutoff number for Asia was pegged at 7650, so all numbers from AS7650 did not get scheduled for an interview.

Sorry, your CN did not become current, that's why you never received any interview notification. The cutoff number for Asia was pegged at 7650, so all numbers from AS7650 did not get scheduled for an interview.

Please can you tell me what does that mean ?

Please can you tell me what does that mean ?

Your case number is above the numbers that became current, so that means it's over. It means your selection will no longer be processed. It means you're not getting an interview date. DV 2015 ends on Sept 30th, 2015.

Your case number is above the numbers that became current, so that means it's over. It means your selection will no longer be processed. It means you're not getting an interview date. DV 2015 ends on Sept 30th, 2015.

I mean what is the reason for happening this ? am sorry I just want to get info about it !
And thanks alot for helping me

I mean what is the reason for happening this ? am sorry I just want to get info about it !
And thanks alot for helping me

The reason is because they select more people than the number of visas available to be issued, not everyone that's initially selected gets a visa at the end of the process.

Hii .
I paid my immigration fee through new site(without creating account)
The issue here i dont have receipt number so i can check the status.
I aready in US.
Please help to know the receipt no.

I have the same problem. I've called USCIS and they said that anyone who made a payment after August, 31, 2015 will receive his/her receipt number within 60 days after the payment. If you don't get your green card by that time you will receive a "receipt notice".
But if you are already in US, you can schedule an appointment at your local USCIS office and talk with a real person

You can call them to find a nearest USCIS office or talk with an operator about your issue: 1-800-375-5283

Call them. We had similar but I just waited a few days before calling, and got "oh right, your visa's been issued, do you want to collect or do DHL"....
Thank you @SusieQQQ ,
before when we called the embassy their answer was to send them an email but yesterday a friendly lady answered and went to check the files physically and told us to come collect and we did it was ready since august 14th
Thank you @SusieQQQ and thank you @Britsimon for your help on your bloq

Last edited:
Our Activation Trip

Folks - Below is a brief on our activation trip . We hope the given timelines will prove useful.

We arrived on August 21st (Friday) with POE at JFK . We entered via the US Citizen's line. When our turn at the immigration officer came up, we handed over our packet and passport . After opening our packets, he quickly took our finger prints, took digital pictures , stamped our passports and said we re all set . All of this was done in under 5 minutes !

On Monday 23rd August, we paid a visit to the Social Security Office to ensure our SS ID process was in place. The kind lady at the counter informed that since we had already requested it while we did our DS-260, there is no need to come here. If we don't receive it in 2 weeks, just come back. 5 days later the SS cards were in the mail.

On Tuesday 24th, we went to the bank. I already had an account created ( from several years ago) . So it was a matter of getting a new debit card. Based on the feedback from the forum and to start building a credit history , I applied for a secured credit card. I was approved and received the credit card 9 days later in the mail.

The following Tuesday, after receiving the social security number, I went to obtain my drivers permit and cleared the written test. Since I had my license from my country , I produced that as well and luckily they waived the road test . Consequently walked out with license in hand.

A few days later we exited the US and waited for the green card to arrive. Exactly one month after our arrival at POE, the gc arrived at the mailing address .

It was a fairly straightforward process overall .

Our Activation Trip

Folks - Below is a brief on our activation trip . We hope the given timelines will prove useful.

We arrived on August 21st (Friday) with POE at JFK . We entered via the US Citizen's line. When our turn at the immigration officer came up, we handed over our packet and passport . After opening our packets, he quickly took our finger prints, took digital pictures , stamped our passports and said we re all set . All of this was done in under 5 minutes !

On Monday 23rd August, we paid a visit to the Social Security Office to ensure our SS ID process was in place. The kind lady at the counter informed that since we had already requested it while we did our DS-260, there is no need to come here. If we don't receive it in 2 weeks, just come back. 5 days later the SS cards were in the mail.

On Tuesday 24th, we went to the bank. I already had an account created ( from several years ago) . So it was a matter of getting a new debit card. Based on the feedback from the forum and to start building a credit history , I applied for a secured credit card. I was approved and received the credit card 9 days later in the mail.

The following Tuesday, after receiving the social security number, I went to obtain my drivers permit and cleared the written test. Since I had my license from my country , I produced that as well and luckily they waived the road test . Consequently walked out with license in hand.

A few days later we exited the US and waited for the green card to arrive. Exactly one month after our arrival at POE, the gc arrived at the mailing address .

Sounds like you are doing everything well.

Our Activation Trip

Excellent! Glad to hear it all went so smoothly! (and lucky you getting the road test waived !!)