• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Good to know and to be a part of this educative forum and also good to read a person from Liberia, Sadly the process is slow in Liberia because of the outbreak of the ebola virus medical is suspended indefinably. hope to learn a lot from sharing friend around the world.
That's some real heavy dose of tough and rough time. We hope and will keep praying for some breakthrough not just west Africa but humanity.
Will we ever make govts that serve??

Hi Guys, I got my 2NL today for Feb 5th, my Number is AF(89XX) current for November submitted on 1st July unlocked once, hope interview experience will be fruitful:)

dear experts!!! am seeking your help again:)
I had my interview on 1 October in a third country and during ht interview I had to meet two persons, a lady who collected my documents and asked me many questions while marking and noting the copies of the documents. the Second person was the CO who was very friendly and after some typing on his computer, he smiled and said everything looks fine and your case will be approved, but since your passport is detached, you need a new passport. He then gave me a white paper g221 with a noted statement that say: new passport for the applicant, the current one can not have a new visa. after that I had to send my passport to my embassy...etc, after waiting 2 months I finally got the same passport repaired from my country//they reattach the cover without the need to change the whole passport since it didn't have any problem except detached cover// I went to the Embassy again last week with the repaired passport and official letter proves that it has been fixed in my country and the g221 paper. after two hours, a lady working there, called me by phone and said the consul approved your passport and the visa will be ready in 2-3 working days. after 2 days at 9 am. sharp, I received a call from the same person asking me about my CV and my PhD diploma!!!I was surprised by that Q, but I immediately sent them on Email Today morning I called them and the same lady told me your case wont finish soon and might take several days to several months!!! at that moment I felt like someone smashed my face with a big pie...is it the damn AP but why?!and what can I do?!
any suggestions here guys???

p.s. The lady working there told me to write an email to consul explaining the case. I did so today

dear experts!!! am seeking your help again:)
I had my interview on 1 October in a third country and during ht interview I had to meet two persons, a lady who collected my documents and asked me many questions while marking and noting the copies of the documents. the Second person was the CO who was very friendly and after some typing on his computer, he smiled and said everything looks fine and your case will be approved, but since your passport is detached, you need a new passport. He then gave me a white paper g221 with a noted statement that say: new passport for the applicant, the current one can not have a new visa. after that I had to send my passport to my embassy...etc, after waiting 2 months I finally got the same passport repaired from my country//they reattach the cover without the need to change the whole passport since it didn't have any problem except detached cover// I went to the Embassy again last week with the repaired passport and official letter proves that it has been fixed in my country and the g221 paper. after two hours, a lady working there, called me by phone and said the consul approved your passport and the visa will be ready in 2-3 working days. after 2 days at 9 am. sharp, I received a call from the same person asking me about my CV and my PhD diploma!!!I was surprised by that Q, but I immediately sent them on Email Today morning I called them and the same lady told me your case wont finish soon and might take several days to several months!!! at that moment I felt like someone smashed my face with a big pie...is it the damn AP but why?!and what can I do?!
any suggestions here guys???

p.s. The lady working there told me to write an email to consul explaining the case. I did so today

Many people have found that even after the interview when they are told they are approved there is a second check to make sure the case is in order. It sounds like something like that happened, BUT they didn't bother starting anything until you returned your passport.

It is slightly odd that they asked for your CV and PhD. Neither of those things are important unless you failed to meet the minimum education standard (the higher level diploma does not overcome the need to show you achieved the US High School level). So - I'm not sure what that means.

You can't do anything except wait. Your pre-allocated visa would have been returned to the pool at the end of October. That is why it is important to nail the interview first time. The embassy will now have to request a new visa slot for you - and that could take some weeks.

Thank you dear Simon for fast replying! It's Absolutely ODD as you mentioned! Since the requirements are crystal clear! But in your opinion, how much time should I wait based on your experience?!

Another question, why would the lady tell me to write to the consul?! Can he/she speed up the process? Or remove the AP status at all?!

Thank you dear Simon for fast replying! It's Absolutely ODD as you mentioned! Since the requirements are crystal clear! But in your opinion, how much time should I wait based on your experience?!

AP can last a few days or a few months and everything in between.

Thank you Simon. I will go there on my b1 visa and let the case takes its time!

Is your B1 visa in your old passport?
I would assume you would be flagged on the system if you tried to enter on your B1. Be sure to take sufficient evidence to prove to them it will just be a tenporary trip and that you will return home afterwards, as they will not allow you entry if they think you have immigrant intent on that trip - which will be a big burden to overcome with an immigrant visa on AP at the same time.

hello Susie, Yes, it's on the same passport. I will ask the Embassy on Monday to make sure. The passport is still there and they didn't ask me to pick it!!

hello Susie, Yes, it's on the same passport. I will ask the Embassy on Monday to make sure. The passport is still there and they didn't ask me to pick it!!

If the embassy still has your passport, then how do you plan on entering the U.S. with your current B1 visa?

Even if they return the passport to you while the AP is still pending, the likelihood of being denied entry on the B1 visa is high IMO - I believe they would have flagged you in the system. So be aware of the possibility of being denied entry.

Hello,

i understand that KCC have 5 months delay to process the case after current ( AS26XX current in Qct/2014 , the interview in Feb/2015 ), so AS11XXX will have no chance for interview before the clsoing time , can you pls explain to me about this ?

That's not correct. It's taking a little longer to process the DS260 once it is submitted.

So, if you submitted your DS260 in May, and you went current in October, you would have been interviewed in October (provided there were no issues processing your forms). The people who are experiencing delays beyond when they went current are those who submitted later.

The KCC don't start processing once you go current. They start processing once they receive the forms.

Hello,

i understand that KCC have 5 months delay to process the case after current ( AS26XX current in Qct/2014 , the interview in Feb/2015 ), so AS11XXX will have no chance for interview before the clsoing time , can you pls explain to me about this ?

You got confused somewhere. It is up to 5 months (though mostly I have seen 4) to process the DS260 forms after they have been received. You will not get an interview slot until your forms have been processed. Anyone who submitted in May or June and has just or is yet to become current should have no delays at all in their case, etc.

If the embassy still has your passport, then how do you plan on entering the U.S. with your current B1 visa?

Even if they return the passport to you while the AP is still pending, the likelihood of being denied entry on the B1 visa is high IMO - I believe they would have flagged you in the system. So be aware of the possibility of being denied entry.
mom, dont be like that pls, you are freakin scaring to death Nahar.

Nahar, you will get it, dont worry, stay positive