• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Ok, thank you once again Britsimon.
Just of curiosity
Emmmm...
It would be more dangerous than being on AP and denial. They are very smart and well trained than you are. In addition, They may put you in prison in collaboration with local police for presenting fake document.

Last edited by a moderator:
David,

It is unlikely that you will get a bona fide job offer in the USA without coming here first. So - that really isn't a solution to your visa approval problem. From your posts before you should have obtained an I-134 or had more cash in your accounts to show. Clearing AP is slightly harder than avoiding AP in the first place. Your proof will now have to be solid.

The 50k limit will start to be reached around August of next year. However, as Susie explained to you before, once your AP has crossed a month end, your visa slot is returned to the pool and you will need to have one re-allocated once you have cleared your AP. That is risky - some people last year from July/August onward were being put on waiting lists for visas - and many people lost out. So. Get this sorted asap.

The 50k is including derivatives (as is the 125k selectee number).

Which embassy was it by the way?

dear @Britsimon, how does the CO estimate the value(price) of personal assets presented? For example, if somebody presents a car ownership document and say "it costs 15k", how does the CO say "yes it costs" or "no it doesn't"? Is there any document to be submitted as a proof?

Ok, thank you once again Britsimon.
Just of curiosity

Hi. Just din't want to say anything as answers given seem adequate but PLEEASE DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT!! you will lose you chance FOR GOOD- you will never get aUS visa. Repeat-never ever! Do not take the risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emmmm...
It would be more dangerous than being on AP and denial. They are very smart and well trained than you are. In addition, They may put you in prison in collaboration with local police for presenting fake document.
Yes. you could also go to jail/ pay a fine, make a mess of your record in your country!

@God-Is-Love, haha ha. COs live in your country!
lol @usken go.
In general any asset has its depreciation value. If you buy used car a year ago for 15k and if its depreciation value is 10% per year, the current price should be 13.5k. This general theory doesn't work in our country. In contrary, the price may rise to 15.5k or more. Do you think the CO will understand such local details?

lol @usken go.
In general any asset has its depreciation value. If you buy used car a year ago for 15k and if its depreciation value is 10% per year, the current price should be 13.5k. This general theory doesn't work in our country. In contrary, the price may rise to 15.5k or more. Do you think the CO will understand such local details?
The co will understand and apply the market dynamics of your country but it is good to make it smooth for yourself by bringing what is easy for anyone in your country to figure out.

Let me just get it clearly, if you have an affidavit of support from your host or someone else in US, do you really require anything
else say like title deed, vehicle logo book. share certificates etc, also can you present more than one affidavit of support.

Let me just get it clearly, if you have an affidavit of support from your host or someone else in US, do you really require anything
else say like title deed, vehicle logo book. share certificates etc, also can you present more than one affidavit of support.
the affidavit of support should be accompanied by passport or LPR document of your host and W2 tax information. The CO wants to know the financial status of your host (if he/she is able to support you when you enter US) through income/tax information.
About the number, yes you can have more than one affidavit of support.

Hello Everyone,

I have one question. I am a dv 2015 winner from europe, but i have been refused a tourist visa in 2012, and i have stated that as well in my ds 260 application....do you think that refusal would make a problem for further processing of my green card ?

Hello Everyone,

I have one question. I am a dv 2015 winner from europe, but i have been refused a tourist visa in 2012, and i have stated that as well in my ds 260 application....do you think that refusal would make a problem for further processing of my green card ?
No, it should not. Unless you were found permanently ineligible and banned from going to the U.S.

the affidavit of support should be accompanied by passport or LPR document of your host and W2 tax information. The CO wants to know the financial status of your host (if he/she is able to support you when you enter US) through income/tax information.
I am not very sure about two AOS'- I think B.Simon tacked this earlier. If you have one AOS that shows your host's income is adequate for him/her family and you that is ok. This there was a case in Eu thread where the co said that based on poverty line data the host's AOS was not enough to cover the selectee so they were put on AP until they overcome the public charge situation.
Best option would be one aos that is adequate, so better scout well for a host.

If you have them why not? Better question is, why leave them at home and go take a chance?

Hello Everyone,

Depends why you were refused the visa. If it is a general problem for visas say like a criminal record then yes. If it was because you could not overcome assumption of immigrant intent or something like that then no.

Depends why you were refused the visa. If it is a general problem for visas say like a criminal record then yes. If it was because you could not overcome assumption of immigrant intent or something like that then no.

Thanks for your reply. No no, there was not such criminal issue related, as i didnt have and still dont any criminal record. I believe it was only because they thought that if i go, i would not come back to my country...

Hello senior members,
Does the address of the sponsor (i.e. the U.S. resident who provides the i-134) have to match with the one we provided as a permanent address in the U.S. to which our GC and SSN are supposed to be sent? My sponsor is in Alabama. However, the address I provided as a permanent address in the U.S. where I intend to arrive to and initially reside in is in Washington DC. Would that be a problem?
The thing is, my friend in Washington is a DV2014 winner who will provide me with accommodation and help me settle there. However, she is just new in the U.S. and hasn't been able to have income sufficient for sponsorship nor does she have any tax papers yet. So, I asked my other friend in Alabama who meets the criteria and is willing to provide me with an affidavit of support but I do not intend to live in Alabama. Would that raise some questions about the weight of the i-134 during the interview?
Your thoughts?

Hello senior members,
Does the address of the sponsor (i.e. the U.S. resident who provides the i-134) have to match with the one we provided as a permanent address in the U.S. to which our GC and SSN are supposed to be sent? My sponsor is in Alabama. However, the address I provided as a permanent address in the U.S. where I intend to arrive to and initially reside in is in Washington DC. Would that be a problem?
The thing is, my friend in Washington is a DV2014 winner who will provide me with accommodation and help me settle there. However, she is just new in the U.S. and hasn't been able to have income sufficient for sponsorship nor does she have any tax papers yet. So, I asked my other friend in Alabama who meets the criteria and is willing to provide me with an affidavit of support but I do not intend to live in Alabama. Would that raise some questions about the weight of the i-134 during the interview?
Your thoughts?
No it won't.Truth,exactly the way you have put it above is what the CO will be interested in.However, if i were you, i would just go for the Alabama address throughout as you change the address at point of entry- meaning that address is not a big issue.

Hello senior members,
Your thoughts?

The address does not have to match and it shouldn't be an issue depending on what the sponsor writes on the I-134 form. Obviously if the sponsor states they intend to accommodate you on the form, as part of the assistance they're willing to offer you, then obviously your address should match the sponsors.

Presenting more than one affidavit is not a good idea. Anyone presenting an affidavit should find just one sponsor whose income meets the required poverty guideline.