• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hey guys. I did not add my pre-university education too and i want to unblock, add it and resubmit my form again. I've studied 8 years of primary education and 3 yrs high school, should i add all these yrs or only the 3 yrs of high school? Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks for reply, any other opinions?
Just like Oussama said. You need to fill in your secondary education which starts from high school and goes through any tertiary education afterwards. You don't need to fill in your primary education because it is not required as the DS-260 asks specifically for secondary education which is high school and beyond.

That's very nice way mom. But, how many days can the shift be? Days? Weeks? Or what? Can it be shifted to dates before appointment date or necessarily after that?
that is also my questions, but they should be in hurry to inform the embassy by sending mail ? did anyone try sending mail for the holiday schedule ? what did they get in response ?

The embassy will contact the applicant if the interview falls on a public holiday and inform them of a new date. They usually call, but I guess if they're unable to reach the applicant by phone, they will send an email.
that is also my questions, but they should be in hurry to inform the embassy by sending mail ? did anyone try sending mail for the holiday schedule ? what did they get in response ?
Dear Rolex123, as I understand from mom's post, it is not the applicant who contacts (call/email) the embassy. The embassy itself will contact the applicants scheduled on holidays. The embassy may call or email applicants for new appointment date.

1) Can we request a copy of our medical report from the doctor before the visa interview ?
2) If the embassy instructions state that the report is valid for 12 months and immigrant's visa for 6 months, does it mean that the medical report date has no bearing to the USA entry date then ?

thank you for your answers, so me and my girlfriend are in Algeria, we have a relationship since 2007 but generally during the interview, the consul asks for proof of our relationship, the marriage certificate is available, but sometimes requires photo of the ceremony, and I have not done the party, because it is very expensive, your opinions please

thank you for your answers, so me and my girlfriend are in Algeria, we have a relationship since 2007 but generally during the interview, the consul asks for proof of our relationship, the marriage certificate is available, but sometimes requires photo of the ceremony, and I have not done the party, because it is very expensive, your opinions please

In 7 years of your relationship there should be plenty of photos, text messages, emails and so on. All that can be used to establish there was a relationship, and you should have something that showed the wedding plans...

hello everyone, I am a winner DV2015, cn = AF52000, I fill my DS260 unmarried, because everyone told me that marriage after the month of May is synonymous with a desqualification, I want to get married, after the 'visa. my questions are:
1 am I affected by adjustement of status? Single to married
2-if not, what are your recomendations?
3- What are the steps to follow with detail
thinks

Your posts are contradictory, you may end up being given wrong information if you can't accurately describe your situation. First you say you're not married and you're thinking of getting married but you're afraid of being disqualified, a couple of hours later you say the marriage certificate is available but you don't have photos of your marriage ceremony because the marriage ceremony itself is expensive. So the main question for now is: are you already married or not? Is you're married, when did the marriage take place?

Thanks Sm1smom,
i have unlock my application but can not change the interview location?
Try to change your location in the Review mode. In the main mode you can only choose it once, and then when you go to next page you cannot change it in the main mode even though the form is still unlocked. Before I submitted mine, I looked through the review mode, clicked "edit" location, and it allowed me to select other locations. However, I did not save the location change, cause I was only doing this for informational purposes.

Hi all .. i wanna ask:
1- how much money should my husband present at the time of interview to show that we won't be public charge (we are a family of four).
2- And should we show that all the amount of money is in my husband account (the principal applicant)? or it doesn't matter if it's a mix of his and mine or in joint account ?

Hi all .. i wanna ask:
1- how much money should my husband present at the time of interview to show that we won't be public charge (we are a family of four).
2- And should we show that all the amount of money is in my husband account (the principal applicant)? or it doesn't matter if it's a mix of his and mine or in joint account ?
1. For a family of four, you'll need $25,000 or more.
2. It can be either in your husband's account and/or a combination of yours and his.

1. For a family of four, you'll need $25,000 or more.
2. It can be either in your husband's account and/or a combination of yours and his.

Thanx alot for your reply .. did u mean a joint acount for me and my husband or both of our sepirate ccounts can be suffecient??

Hi every body,

The Dec and Jan visa bulletin is released now. The cutoff for Africa in Jan is 21000.
Kindly ur opnion about KCC processing progress this year.

Kindest regards

And where do you find the new bulletin? At least the official site still shows the December one as the upcoming bulletin...

Edit: And if looking more closely, the CN for Africa was from the December bulletin, not from January bulletin. *phew*

Last edited: