• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

I’ve been trying to log in and fill the DS-260 form but i receive an error that the information entered does not match to the records.
Later on i figured out that in the initial form i have put wrong Month of birth (I had put JUL instead of AUG).
Is there any way how to correct it?
Any problem in case I go on filling the DS-260 form by putting JUL instead of AUG just to sign into the form, and then fill accordingly the form with my exact birth information?

Thank you
It's good you are able to open your account. Which month have you used on your documents? (like birth certificate, passport and educational documents)
If august, fill the DS260 form with your right month of birth, which I think is august. And.... prepare yourself to present logical reason how you put July instead of august if th CO asks on interview time. Good luck

Last edited:
It's good you are able to open your account. Which month have you used on your documents? (like birth certificate, passport and educational documents)
If august, fill the DS260 form with your right month of birth, which I think is august. And.... prepare yourself to present logical reason how you put July instead of august if th CO asks on interview time. Good luck

All my documents have AUG, and of course this is the month i used for filling up DS-260.
This is a human mistake done during the initial entry.
The question now is if there is any way how to correct it, because having it in this way neither KCC is contributing on help needed, as there is no match to their records. In case i ask them for smth they reply:
"The information you have provided does not match the case. Please resubmit your request with the correct information for KCC to properly assist you."

All my documents have AUG, and of course this is the month i used for filling up DS-260.
The question now is if there is any way how to correct it, because having it in this way neither KCC is contributing on help needed, as there is no match to their records. In case i ask them for smth they reply:
"The information you have provided does not match the case. Please resubmit your request with the correct information for KCC to properly assist you."

It's good you have put your right month of birth on your documents.
As a matter of fact, no one can change the data you put on your original eDV application. Even KCC can't change it.
Only the CO will decide if it is genuine mistake or not. That is why you need to present logical explanation how you made the mistake.

There's no way to change the information submitted on the eDV application. You should continue your processing by using your correct birth month, i.e. August.

When you show up for your interview and the discrepancy is brought up, you can explain it as something like you mistakenly selected July in place of August from the drop down menu when filing your form. July is directly on top of August, when it comes to drop down menu selections, I can see how easy it is for a selection to be replaced by something else with a mouse scroll while the selected item is still highlighted.

It's good you have put your right month of birth on your documents.
As a matter of fact, no one can change the data you put on your original eDV application. Even KCC can't change it.
Only the CO will decide if it is genuine mistake or not. That is why you need to present logical explanation how you made the mistake.
There's no way to change the information submitted on the eDV application. You should continue your processing by using your correct birth month, i.e. August.

When you show up for your interview and the discrepancy is brought up, you can explain it as something like you mistakenly selected July in place of August from the drop down menu when filing your form. July is directly on top of August, when it comes to drop down menu selections, I can see how easy it is for a selection to be replaced by something else with a mouse scroll while the selected item is still highlighted.

Thank you in advance

....and hope the CO sees it that way too, rather than questioning why the applicant did not take advantage of the final check the system allows you to do before submitting ...

....and hope the CO sees it that way too, rather than questioning why the applicant did not take advantage of the final check the system allows you to do before submitting ...

Yeah a careless, and possibly costly, mistake. Which one of us hasn't been guilty of making a careless mistake before?

How is the dv 2015 trend compared to dv 2014 so far, Somebody please shed some light or is it too early to compare the 2.

Yeah a careless, and possibly costly, mistake. Which one of us hasn't been guilty of making a careless mistake before?

All of us have, of course. The problem as we know is that when it comes to DV such mistakes can also be indicators of attempted fraud... and that perception can lead to denial. As f-lan stated, it appears a simple 'did not follow the rules' is reason enough for denial now :(

Had my medicals today.......still have to go tomorrowo_O

day 1
fyi
1.Make sure you have two photos.
2.have three copys of your passport.(people were turned down coz of this)
3.Money to pay ie i paid 24,839Ksh.
4.the earlier you get their the better.gates open at 7 pm :confused:
5.if you know you have (HIV) or you think you have, their is a high chance you have tb.
TB testing takes 8 weeks.
6.if you agree to take a HIV test then ur positive you will have to get a TB test(8 weeks).
7.if your x ray shows you have holes in your longs.you get tested for TB.(8 weeks)
NB.
8.have your 2nl with you.
it is better to scheduled you appointment as early as possible in case of anything.:)
after six weeks of the vaccination it is a must you have a booster whether you have flown out to usa or not
if in usa the boosters will be issued their ,if still in kenya you can go to iom or any hospital but make sure you get a certificate.

1. submit your form with copy of passport
2. counseling
3.blood test.
4.x ray
5.pay at village market cba.

Last edited:
Hi Guys ,
It's been a great job from you to share all that helpful info. really a big effort .
i would like to ask you , I has my CN. is AS32xx and still did not receive my 2nl ,
should I be worried ?!!!

Hi Guys ,
It's been a great job from you to share all that helpful info. really a big effort .
i would like to ask you , I has my CN. is AS32xx and still did not receive my 2nl ,
should I be worried ?!!!

No because your 2NL won't come until A) your number is lower than the number on the visa bulletin & B) your DS260 has completed processing.

Your number is not yet current.

Had my medicals today.......still have to go tomorrowo_O

day 1
fyi
1.Make sure you have two photos.
2.have three copys of your passport.(people were turned down coz of this)
3.Money to pay ie i paid 24,839Ksh.
4.the earlier you get their the better.gates open at 7 pm :confused:
5.if you know you have (HIV) or you think you have, their is a high chance you have tb.
TB testing takes 8 weeks.
6.if you agree to take a HIV test then ur positive you will have to get a TB test(8 weeks).
7.if your x ray shows you have holes in your longs.you get tested for TB.(8 weeks)
NB.
8.have your 2nl with you.
it is better to scheduled you appointment as early as possible in case of anything.:)
after six weeks of the vaccination it is a must you have a booster whether you have flown out to usa or not
if in usa the boosters will be issued their ,if still in kenya you can go to iom or any hospital but make sure you get a certificate.

1. submit you form with copy of passport
2. counseling
3.blood test.
4.x ray
5.pay at village market cba.

Fairly comprehensive info there Nayfara. you have enriched our know on wht to expect at the IOM. Did you tell the that you had been vaccinated for chicken pox when you were a kid?, most Kenyans had that ama you were not sure

dear all . congratulations for every winner here
i have urgent inquiry
my CN is 2015AF000032** submitted my ds260 on 19th of june
receved my 2nl on 28 th october
my interview will be held in Riyadh on 3rd of december
iam an Egyptian residing in saudi arabia
am inquiring about any additional documents specific for the embassy in riyadh knowing that there is no avalible informations on the official website
am searching for along time but i cant fing any useful information any where or in any forums
any body here has a. past experience about this issue please help.. thank you all.

Fairly comprehensive info there Nayfara. you have enriched our know on wht to expect at the IOM. Did you tell the that you had been vaccinated for chicken pox when you were a kid?, most Kenyans had that ama you were not sure
they asked if i ever got chicken pox but i said no.so i was charged for that.and il be immunized......

No because your 2NL won't come until A) your number is lower than the number on the visa bulletin & B) your DS260 has completed processing.

Your number is not yet current.

I have already submitted my DS-260 on 26th of may .
Thanks a lot for your assistant ,

Hey everyone, Mom, Britsimon, Susie, and all..... let me first congratulate you for the amazing advice and great job you're doing here.... the blog is wonderful and unbelievably helpful....
Anyways, I just wanted to ask you guys a couple of things.. My CN is AS104** ..... it is a relatively high number, so I was wondering:
1. Do I stand a chance?
2. When might my interview be?
3. Regarding the translated docs ( birth certificate, police records, diplomas, etc), should they be notarized after being translated?
4. As for police records: Well, I have left my country 2 years ago and there is a horrible war going over there... Thus, I had a great difficulty getting a police record from over there, but I was able to get it last September. my qs is: will the embassy accept it even though it is dated September (i.e. it will be over 6 months old)?
Thank you guys in advance ...
:):):)

they asked if i ever got chicken pox but i said no.so i was charged for that.and il be immunized......
Do not laugh about this but did you confirm this with your mum, I did and she informed that it almost killed me, those early days many years ago.

day 2 for my medical exam.
fyi
1.if ur appointment sheet show that your appointment is at 9:00 am make sure your there before 7am and if it shows at 2:00 or in the afternoon make sure your there by 12:00 noon.
3. once your at the reception make sure you submit you time sheet.(place it at a black tray on your right once your in)
2.if you had paid at cba on the first day of ur medicals,make sure ,after you place your time sheet at the tray that you should,you go to the cashier to submit the bank receipt .in tern you will be given their receipt.
3.at around 8:30 am names were called by a nurse to got to another room where you wait again for your name to be called again.
4.you will then be called to go to the nurse's room.(it is different for everyone depending on you medical report).(you will need to present you receipt which was given to you by the cashier plus your passport)
5.once done you will be asked to wait again.
6. a doctor will call you inside the examination room.you will present your passport and the receipt.(it is different depending on the medical report) and a full body check up will be done.(and you will be node):D:D:D:rolleyes:
7.if ur okay the doctor will give you a cd with your x ray .(if their are no holes in the lungs or no sign of tb)
8.you will then go to the vaccination room(it again depends on the person) side bar....they are painful:mad:
9. a certificate will be issued.
10.go home.

side bar; depending on the person expect to have a fever at night.

Do not laugh about this but did you confirm this with your mum, I did and she informed that it almost killed me, those early days many years ago.
i did ask my mum she said out of all my siblings am the only one who didn't get it.Plus it might come latter in life.
But she said its not a must for one to get it.
plus it is a requirement in kenya to be vaccinated for it when you were small.