• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

please guys share us your interview experience here. here is one example i read somewhere else:
HERE IS ONE SUCCESSFULLY STORY FOR DV INTERVIEW THIS MONTH!Arica

VIA Ndubiz Mwafasi Isaac

This is how it went..
Arrived at embassy 6.40am. The gates had been opened n there was a long queue. Was told to go straight on coz i was with my baby. Was checked at gate 1 then gate 2.
Then proceeded in where was asked for 2nl then was given a number n told to wait
Waited 10 mins then my number was called to window 5. Here was asked to produce original n copies of pp, bc, police cert, form ds260 confirmation, kcse cert. Was asked if av bn to us..i said no. If av ever bn married..i said no. Was then told to pay at cashier then wait.
Waited like 30 mins then was called at counter 8. Here my finger prints were taken then told to wait.
Waited about 15 mins then was called at counter 10. This is where i met a male co who welcomed me with a smile.

Co: welcome
Me: (smiling) thank you
Co: waves at my son then tels me to raise my hand n swear. He then takes my fingerprints again
Co: who r u going to stay with in us
Me: my uncle
Co: so n so?(mentions name)
Me: yes
Co: wen did u clear high school
Me: answer
Co: where do u work currently
Co: u work as a
Co: how long have u worked there
Co: do u have sole custody of ur son
Me: yes
Co: how old is he
Co then type things then after a moment..
Co: sorry how long did u say u have worked at...
Co: congratulations u have been granted visa
and what about sponsor documents? or bank statements? anybody knows?

I am EUxxxx87xx, DV-260 submitted on May 26th. Does anyone know the expected interview date/month? When should I receive a notification? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am EUxxxx87xx, DV-260 submitted on May 26th. Does anyone know the expected interview date/month? When should I receive a notification? Thanks.

I've gone ahead and edited your posting for your own privacy, you hid the irrelevant part and posted the digits that matter the most.

Regarding your question, your number is current for Nov. have you checked online to confirm that your 2NL wasn't already uploaded? If you've checked and it wants previously uploaded, you may want to wait till the end of this week since KCC will most likely be sending out notifications for those current in December, or you can go ahead and give them a call tomorrow to find out the status of your case.

He(She) didn't mention about them(sponsor and bank statement), and I am interested if consul asked about this documents, this is important part, isn't it?

If you paid closer attention to the post, you would have noticed the person who re-posted the interview experience is not the one who attended the interview, an possibly can't answer your question whether or not financial evidence was requested for. Anyway the kind of evidence required depends on the U.S. embassy where your interview will be taking place.

I Checked this visa bulletin thing of the past years ,but I get confused with this 2012 bulletin because from june 2012 to September 2012 its just been current for all regions,why does this happen and what does it mean?please if someone could clear my doubts

I've gone ahead and edited your posting for your own privacy, you hid the irrelevant part and posted the digits that matter the most.

Regarding your question, your number is current for Nov. have you checked online to confirm that your 2NL wasn't already uploaded? If you've checked and it wants previously uploaded, you may want to wait till the end of this week since KCC will most likely be sending out notifications for those current in December, or you can go ahead and give them a call tomorrow to find out the status of your case.
Thank you so much.

Dear all any specific answer for the interview likely question of 'what u intended to do in USA?'

thanks
rolex 123

I Checked this visa bulletin thing of the past years ,but I get confused with this 2012 bulletin because from june 2012 to September 2012 its just been current for all regions,why does this happen and what does it mean?please if someone could clear my doubts

2012 was a very strange year. They did an invalid draw at first and had to do a redraw. Many people did not realize there was a second draw so did not check again. I can't remember exactly but I think they only issued something like 35k visas, this is why all regions went current so early. On my home country forum, someone even got contacted by KCC to make sure they were aware they had been selected (they missed the redraw and didn't know - and subsequently did get a visa - but shows how desperate they were to try fill the quota).

Dear Sm1smom,

Pardon my ignorance, but I am new to the forum - what does 2NL stand for?

@kakjose
Do not deny your spouse a chance to go and help you as a family a chance of two instead of one mind, four instead of two hands etc.
A DVD visa will most likely have 6 months period within which one must travel.
Try to work within this advantage.
You will be veeery wise to do a family interview at the same time.

Ken be
@kakjose
Do not deny your spouse a chance to go and help you as a family a chance of two instead of one mind, four instead of two hands etc.
A DVD visa will most likely have 6 months period within which one must travel.
Try to work within this advantage.
You will be veeery wise to do a family interview at the same time.
Ken be sincere is tgst what u r going to do. I think simon raised a good point. Go there first if in 4 months you have no job. Call it quits.