• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

I had my interview (successful) on Monday. When I log in to the ceac. website, my status is still on "ready", the only thing that changes is the status updated date. On Monday in was 18.05, and today it was changed to 20.05, but the status is still the same "ready". Is that normal? They said they would call me when to come to pick up my passport, so I guess the status shoudl change to "issued" , right?

One more things: does everybody who goes to the interview (world wide) has to take an oath or is that not mandatory, because on my interview that wasn't the case and I read from other people that they had to take/say the oath that they are telling the truth etc...

Sometimes the embassies are slow to update CEAC. That doesn't mean there is a problem.

I had my interview (successful) on Monday. When I log in to the ceac. website, my status is still on "ready", the only thing that changes is the status updated date. On Monday in was 18.05, and today it was changed to 20.05, but the status is still the same "ready". Is that normal? They said they would call me when to come to pick up my passport, so I guess the status shoudl change to "issued" , right?

One more things: does everybody who goes to the interview (world wide) has to take an oath or is that not mandatory, because on my interview that wasn't the case and I read from other people that they had to take/say the oath that they are telling the truth etc...

They're supposed to always do the oath but sometimes they forget... I never gave one either!

In case the interview is scheduled in August/September and applicant is issued a visa, when should he enter the USA? Until end of September or he/she still has 6 months to enter the US? Till let's say February/March of the next year?

In case the interview is scheduled in August/September and applicant is issued a visa, when should he enter the USA? Until end of September or he/she still has 6 months to enter the US? Till let's say February/March of the next year?

The applicant has until his visa expiry date to enter, even if that falls after the end of the fiscal year. 30 Sept is only the deadline for visa issuance, not entry.
(My own case in point, visa issued 1 July, entry 26 December.)

The applicant has until his visa expiry date to enter, even if that falls after the end of the fiscal year. 30 Sept is only the deadline for visa issuance, not entry.
(My own case in point, visa issued 1 July, entry 26 December.)

Thank you Susie for the good news. I did not know about that.

edit: a little less than 3 hours after my ceac status changed from "ready" to "administrative processing", it changed again to "issued" :)
So I guess they should call me any minute to come and pick up my passport.

Hello All,
I see that lot of you have a lot of knowledge about the whole DV process and wanted to ask if you can estimate the final cut off for EU. Would really appreciate if you could give me your opinion.
Asking this, as obviously I`m having a pretty high CN for DV2015 EU.
Thank you!

NVC is these scenarios:-
  1. Cases where the selectee has not sent the DS260 in at all.
  2. Cases where the selectee has sent the DS260 in but it is still processing
  3. Cases not yet current (plus 1 or 2)
Thank you Brit, so how one make sure that KCC recieved DS280?

Thank you Brit, so how one make sure that KCC recieved DS280?

They "receive" it the moment you submit it - no need to confirm that. However, if you want to check if it is completed through their processing you can email them, but don't do that needlessly since time spent answering emails of "is my case processed yet?" is time they are not spending processing cases.

Guys!! what if the case number ends with 8000?
When will the interview be scheduled assuming the region is asia.
For 2016D-V .
Visa application sent today.

They "receive" it the moment you submit it - no need to confirm that. However, if you want to check if it is completed through their processing you can email them, but don't do that needlessly since time spent answering emails of "is my case processed yet?" is time they are not spending processing cases.
Hypothetically, it follows that if all high case selectees with processed DSs collude and flood KCC with emails, there will be less processed cases when July starts.

Hi.

Yesterday I picked up my passport with the visa. There is one thing I noticed – on the visa it says: Nationality: AUST

Could it be that AUST stands for Australia instead of Austria?

Hi ,
My number is 126** Asia 2015 , do you think i still have a chance to have the interview , I am already in the US with a student visa all I need is adjust my status , so do you really think that my number will be current ? I can see the numbers for this year are too slow ,It is really frustrated .

Thank you,

hi everyone... first of all thank you for this amazing informative forum. you guys are doing a great job......
my CN is 2015AS10***
1. Do you think I might get an interview in August?
2. I'm originally from Syria but I left 3 years ago and never been there again... however, I was able (in a very hard way) to get a syrian police record last october... it is now over 6 months old but it is so so hard to get another one because of the war going there, the blocked roads to get there, and half of the government offices are out of work...
so would the embassy accept my october police record if i explained to them how impossible it is to get a new one?

even i get the visa almost 2 month ago i still following here , it is addictive i really appreciate all the Admin here you guys are amazing , My landing to US will be in august and not yet decide to move this year or next year , also i didn't decide whether i apply for I130 or take it easy first year, we have a company branch in US but we still looking to find the best time for our family to move over there .