• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

hi i am from nepal and my case no is 2015as77xx so when i am suppose to get secornd letter ?? will it arrive because the the current case no upto july is 647only plz help#

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys... thank x for the support and comments u share here. As u all here, i'm also a candidate for DV2015. But what worries me a lot is that my CN number is very high (AF00072,xxx). So is there any chance of winning for me in this year? If so... when do u think the time will be. Thank x again for ur concern and support and wish u all candidates best luck.

Last edited:
Hi!
I had my interview today in Vienna. Everything went just fine. The consular officer asked a few questions (where are you planing to move, what do you do, why did you play in the dv lottery, congratulations). My status is still on "ready" just the update status is changed to May 18. They said they would call me when to come and pick up my passport, however I didn't ask how long it will take. Let's see. Hopefully not too long. :)
Somehow I think the most important part in the whole process today was to pay the $330 fee, since this was the first thing I was told to do. :)

Does anyone have any idea how long after we move here that our green card is issued and mailed to us? What if we need to leave the country temporarily before we get the physical card in our hands? Rely on the stamp on our passport?

Hi!
I had my interview today in Vienna. Everything went just fine. The consular officer asked a few questions (where are you planing to move, what do you do, why did you play in the dv lottery, congratulations). My status is still on "ready" just the update status is changed to May 18. They said they would call me when to come and pick up my passport, however I didn't ask how long it will take. Let's see. Hopefully not too long. :)
Somehow I think the most important part in the whole process today was to pay the $330 fee, since this was the first thing I was told to do. :)

Congratulations!!!

Frankly, I don't care, we all only care about our own CN... If it means your number can go current.

Never seen someone said "oh I'm okay with not going current if that means more visas for Nepalese"

Why would i care about a foreign country that I've never even been to and foreign people that i don't know

Unbelievable.

NEED HELP
Dear friends
As I mentioned before on 17 May I received an email that my husband AP has been completed. Here is the text :
Dear Mr. ..........
Your Diversity Visa case is ready for final processing. Please bring your passport and medicals (if you plan to travel before they expire) to the Consular Section any Sunday or Tuesday at 2pm. We would request that you bring them prior to May 27th in order to ensure we have a Diversity Visa lottery visa number for you. You may come yourself or send the passport/medicals with a person of your choice.

We ask you not to delay processing your case as Diversity visa numbers have a limit each year and we strongly urge all qualified applicants to process their visa as quickly as possible.
Thank you,
Immigrant Visa Unit, Abu Dhabi

But on 18 May in the embassy site they put following text :

Dear .............
We are pleased to inform you that your immigration case is ready for issuance. You may bring your passport(s) to the Embassy in Abu Dhabi any Sunday or Tuesday at 1:30 p.m., excluding holidays. In most cases, the visa will be ready for pick-up in 4 to 7 days. Embassy staff will provide further details when you drop off your passport(s).
The administrative processing on your file has been completed. However, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.
Please note: if you do not send your passport immediately, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.
Please check the Department of State’s current Visa Bulletin at Visa Bulletin for information about visa availability for your visa category.
The validity of an immigrant visa is subject to the validity of the medical report. As per new regulations, the medical reports are valid only for six months. In case of full validity (which is six months) visa, you must have to provide a new medical report.
  • New medical examination is required.
Last Updated: Monday, May 18, 2015

My question is : as we are planning to move to USA in "mid June" and our medical expires on 25 September 2015
Why they asked for new medical exam ???!!!!!!!
Shall my husband repeat his medical exam ???!!!!
Yesterday I gave his passport to an agency to take his passport to embassy for visa, shall I take it back and my husband go there himself ??!!!!
I really got confused
Please please help as usual and give me a guidance

NEED HELP
Dear friends
As I mentioned before on 17 May I received an email that my husband AP has been completed. Here is the text :
Dear Mr. ..........
Your Diversity Visa case is ready for final processing. Please bring your passport and medicals (if you plan to travel before they expire) to the Consular Section any Sunday or Tuesday at 2pm. We would request that you bring them prior to May 27th in order to ensure we have a Diversity Visa lottery visa number for you. You may come yourself or send the passport/medicals with a person of your choice.

We ask you not to delay processing your case as Diversity visa numbers have a limit each year and we strongly urge all qualified applicants to process their visa as quickly as possible.
Thank you,
Immigrant Visa Unit, Abu Dhabi

But on 18 May in the embassy site they put following text :

Dear .............
We are pleased to inform you that your immigration case is ready for issuance. You may bring your passport(s) to the Embassy in Abu Dhabi any Sunday or Tuesday at 1:30 p.m., excluding holidays. In most cases, the visa will be ready for pick-up in 4 to 7 days. Embassy staff will provide further details when you drop off your passport(s).
The administrative processing on your file has been completed. However, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.
Please note: if you do not send your passport immediately, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.
Please check the Department of State’s current Visa Bulletin at Visa Bulletin for information about visa availability for your visa category.
The validity of an immigrant visa is subject to the validity of the medical report. As per new regulations, the medical reports are valid only for six months. In case of full validity (which is six months) visa, you must have to provide a new medical report.
Last Updated: Monday, May 18, 2015

My question is : as we are planning to move to USA in "mid June" and our medical expires on 25 September 2015
Why they asked for new medical exam ???!!!!!!!
Shall my husband repeat his medical exam ???!!!!
Yesterday I gave his passport to an agency to take his passport to embassy for visa, shall I take it back and my husband go there himself ??!!!!
I really got confused
Please please help as usual and give me a guidance
The way I read that, they did not say you must have a new medical - unless you want full 6 month visa validity. If you are planning to enter before the current medical expires there should be no problem.

The way I read that, they did not say you must have a new medical - unless you want full 6 month visa validity. If you are planning to enter before the current medical expires there should be no problem.
Thanks a million for your immediate reply.

Since they put the sentence as follow :
I felt it's a note.
So u mean nothing to worry & no need to go for new medical exam ?

Thanks a million for your immediate reply.

Since they put the sentence as follow :
I felt it's a note.
So u mean nothing to worry & no need to go for new medical exam ?

Maybe you should call them and confirm - it could actually be ambiguous.

Brit: so "at NVC" means that KCC recieved DS260 forms complete?

NVC is these scenarios:-
  1. Cases where the selectee has not sent the DS260 in at all.
  2. Cases where the selectee has sent the DS260 in but it is still processing
  3. Cases not yet current (plus 1 or 2)