• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

2NLs are released a bit faster this month than previous two months. They had come on 23rd and 24th of the month, but on 12th for this month.

Yep, it is more like they used to do things. I think that might mean they are regaining some order from the chaos, and not having to spend quite as much time trying to sort out the interviews....

Hi forum members, I hope someone experienced and clued up can help me with a US taxation related question... I've searched this forum and the IRS website too but without much success and I'm not sure if I'm interpreting correctly the US taxation rules that apply to new immigrants... so it's my understanding that once the I-551 immigant visa sticker is stamped upon first entry to the States, from that point on we are permanent residents who need to file taxes, even if living abroad and getting foreign income. Since the tax declaration for 2014 is due in April 2015, I'm not sure if people have to file a tax declaration by April or not if the I-551 is not yet endorsed in 2014 but it's endorsed before April. Your ideas would be much appreciated.

Hi forum members, I hope someone experienced and clued up can help me with a US taxation related question... I've searched this forum and the IRS website too but without much success and I'm not sure if I'm interpreting correctly the US taxation rules that apply to new immigrants... so it's my understanding that once the I-551 immigant visa sticker is stamped upon first entry to the States, from that point on we are permanent residents who need to file taxes, even if living abroad and getting foreign income. Since the tax declaration for 2014 is due in April 2015, I'm not sure if people have to file a tax declaration by April or not if the I-551 is not yet endorsed in 2014 but it's endorsed before April. Your ideas would be much appreciated.

The day you activate your Green Card (first entry) you are residents and have the obligations to file. If you enter the USA and activate your GC even the last day of 2014 you will need to file tax report for 2014 (due in April at the latest I think). There is a "first year rule" thing that will allow some latitude for your first filing in terms of when income was earned etc - BUT you will have to file.

The day you activate your Green Card (first entry) you are residents and have the obligations to file. If you enter the USA and activate your GC even the last day of 2014 you will need to file tax report for 2014 (due in April at the latest I think). There is a "first year rule" thing that will allow some latitude for your first filing in terms of when income was earned etc - BUT you will have to file.

Thanks a lot for your response. This info means those who'd like to avoid filing for 2014 should only go through a POE after January 1st, 2015.

When can I expect 2nd letter?
DS260 form Submitted on 19th september and my CN is AS17xx.
Any chance for interview in March?

Last edited:
Sorry if it is a vague question
Do you think this backlog effects AP time?
At first i thought that since there are fewer processed people that means AP staff have more time to process them and they get cleared faster.
But are the KCC staff involved in AP? If they are is it possible that while they are work hard to clear the backlog, they make the AP their second priority and AP takes longer than last year?
I know that no one rather than KCC staff knows the answer for sure. I just need your opinion:D

Sorry if it is a vague question
Do you think this backlog effects AP time?
At first i thought that since there are fewer processed people that means AP staff have more time to process them and they get cleared faster.
But are the KCC staff involved in AP? If they are is it possible that while they are work hard to clear the backlog, they make the AP their second priority and AP takes longer than last year?
I know that no one rather than KCC staff knows the answer for sure. I just need your opinion:D

KCC have nothing at all to do with the case after they go to the consulates. Meaning they have nothing to do with AP either which is a combination of the consulates and various govt agencies.

KCC have nothing at all to do with the case after they go to the consulates. Meaning they have nothing to do with AP either which is a combination of the consulates and various govt agencies.

So, why the case processing took a long time this year?is it just because of online ds-260 and new procedure??!
some of us after 4months still have not received 2nd letter :(

So, why the case processing took a long time this year?is it just because of online ds-260 and new procedure??!

You seem to be confusing processing of the DS260 forms - which happens before the interview - with administrative processing, which if it happens will happen after the interview.

You seem to be confusing processing of the DS260 forms - which happens before the interview - with administrative processing, which if it happens will happen after the interview.

That's a relief.
I suppose lot less cases in consulate and govt agencies means that the ones who are in AP (like me) would get their result faster than before.( If one cause of last year long AP was backlog in consulate or/and govt agencies)
Unfortunately after 2.5 months only 4 Iranian cleared from 3 embassies. Hope they speed up the process. We could only wait and see what happens next.