• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

:(
You seem to be confusing processing of the DS260 forms - which happens before the interview - with administrative processing, which if it happens will happen after the interview.
No i didn't .
But actually i thought may be this year they do AP during processing in kcc because couldn't believe just processing the app forms takes more than 4 months !
anyway, thanks for your reply . it looks we should still wait.

:(
No i didn't .
But actually i thought may be this year they do AP during processing in kcc because couldn't believe just processing the app forms takes more than 4 months !
anyway, thanks for your reply . it looks we should still wait.

Here's some of what typically happens: when KCC receives a DS form, they go over it to verify the information on it against what was submitted on the eDV registration, they note and flag files if discrepancies occur, they send out the applicants information to the responsible different government agencies for the initial background check. When they're done with their processing and they consider the applicant 'documentarily qualified' and the CN is current, they go ahead and schedule the interview.

To the best of my knowledge they do not hold on to case files whose background check hasn't cleared when that CN becomes current. They will still go ahead and schedule such a case since additional background check will be carried out once the applicant's finger print is captured at the time of the interview. This finger print is what actually helps in resolving issues that may be sorrounding some cases whose background checks couldn't be cleared prior to the interview.

Bottom line is AP is not holding up KCC's process, an applicant only gets put on AP following the interview if there are issues to be resolved. And by the way, DV cases are not the only cases being handled by the KCC.

Here's some of what typically happens: when KCC receives a DS form, they go over it to verify the information on it against what was submitted on the eDV registration, they note and flag files if discrepancies occur, they send out the applicants information to the responsible different government agencies for the initial background check. When they're done with their processing and they consider the applicant 'documentarily qualified' and the CN is current, they go ahead and schedule the interview.

To the best of my knowledge they do not hold on to case files whose background check hasn't cleared when that CN becomes current. They will still go ahead and schedule such a case since additional background check will be carried out once the applicant's finger print is captured at the time of the interview. This finger print is what actually helps in resolving issues that may be sorrounding some cases whose background checks couldn't be cleared prior to the interview.

Bottom line is AP is not holding up KCC's process, an applicant only gets put on AP following the interview if there are issues to be resolved. And by the way, DV cases are not the only cases being handled by the KCC.
Dear Sm1smom
I'd really appreciate your reply. I got loads of great & useful information about the meaning of case processing which was a bit vague to me since I have been 2015 dv-selectee.
You are very helpful. Thank you.

What Government agencies are you talking about here.is it American government agencies or as well as ones country of origin as well alongside those of countries one has resided. @Sm1smom

When can I expect 2nd letter?
DS260 form Submitted on 30th August and my CN is AS26xx.
Any chance for interview in March?

**Got Married On 1th August :)

Congratulation, did you have any unlock after submit the form? a bit chance for March if completed your form by KCC, you can call KCC to find out the details.

Congratulation, did you have any unlock after submit the form? a bit chance for March if completed your form by KCC, you can call KCC to find out the details.
tnx :)
No unlock after submit the form
just a bit chance for March :(
but everybody that submitted the form untill July recived the 2nd Letter

tnx :)
No unlock after submit the form
just a bit chance for March :(
but everybody that submitted the form untill July recived the 2nd Letter

Jep! same as me ! submitted on june! reopen on first september! case as25xx still waiting for 2sl!
call to KCC ,process finished, maybe in March!

do you think if i have interview on April and get AP
is there any chance to get visa ???:)
I mean interview on april or March isn't late?

do you think if i have interview on April and get AP
is there any chance to get visa ???:)
I mean interview on april or March isn't late?

So ,is very depend on your case ! clearance duration is between 1 to 6 months ,hope your case clear soon.
interview in March or April in border of late ,but is not too late! ;)

For DV case, it is I-134. Don't forget to accompany it with supporting documents, like sponsor's passport/LPR document and W2 tax information document.

I was checking in some of the EU embassy's pages like for instance
travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk%203%20supplements/MOS%20-%20Moscow.pdf
travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk%203%20supplements/TIA%20-%20Tirana.pdf
travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk%203%20supplements/ATH%20-%20Athens

All of them have I864 form to be filled from the sponsor...very strange :confused:

CN: 2015EU00022xxx
DS filled: June 2014
2NL: Pending

I was checking in some of the EU embassy's pages like for instance
travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk%203%20supplements/MOS%20-%20Moscow.pdf
travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk%203%20supplements/TIA%20-%20Tirana.pdf
travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk%203%20supplements/ATH%20-%20Athens

All of them have I864 form to be filled from the sponsor...very strange :confused:

CN: 2015EU00022xxx
DS filled: June 2014
2NL: Pending
This link may help.
www.britsimonsays.com/i-134-or-i-184-difference/

Congrats.
I sent mine on 15th of Aug. & still waiting for 2nd letter:(
my last hope for march.
but after that a bit risky:(

What Government agencies are you talking about here.is it American government agencies or as well as ones country of origin as well alongside those of countries one has resided. @Sm1smom

Depends. If the govt is friendly to the U.S. there is cooperation and it is both the U.S. and other govts' agencies . If it is hostile this is one reason people can be on AP for long as it takes the US longer to verify details.

After last VB i'm still nerveous about being current with EU42xxx. Numbers are not bat until now when compared to DV2014 but it's still not making me happy. I hope all goes ok for people over 40K. Also i don't think that EU will go current for 2015. Any comments are welcome.

Good luck to all

After last VB i'm still nerveous about being current with EU42xxx. Numbers are not bat until now when compared to DV2014 but it's still not making me happy. I hope all goes ok for people over 40K. Also i don't think that EU will go current for 2015. Any comments are welcome.

Good luck to all

The increased quota for EU should give you some comfort... I'm hopeful your number will be current.