• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

jux want to know how things are goin in his new home.
i am very much aware of what is goin on here. i read.

i not interested in the exchange of words and i dont support any side. but i know thing, to learn as much as i can from here and get myself in shape n ready for my green day.

hi guys plz i need ur help,
my friend won the dv lottery with the name Osie-Bonsu Eric as it is on his ssce cert.
but he already has a passport since 2012 with the name Osie-Bonsu Eric Ato, so he submitted the DS-260 with Osie-Bonsu Eric Ato
1)i want to know if this can cause him a problem.
2) dose he has a chance of getting the visa.
thanks De Don, Feb 4, 2015

am not an expert but i am suspecting a problem to arise. on the edv he click No Middle Name but after he won,fills DS 260 saying i have middle name. How can he convince the CO that he did not enter the lottery more than once with other middle name or names? Feb 4, 2015 aiguo, Feb 4, 2015

I'm alright charley.. I just feel bad anytime I come back to read what's happening in this forum. It makes some of us wana play the "Laid Back" (even though we should be contributing too) cos the unnecessary accusations and counter accusations going on is just insane. But we thank God, most of us who made it here are working and trying to find our rhythm. I wish u all a success.

I'm alright charley.. I just feel bad anytime I come back to read what's happening in this forum. It makes some of us wana play the "Laid Back" (even though we should be contributing too) cos the unnecessary accusations and counter accusations going on is just insane. But we thank God, most of us who made it here are working and trying to find our rhythm. I wish u all a success.
its well bro.

B.Simon and Sussie vs poor scratches!
It,s high noon in Ghana. Can our dependable Simon do a blog on Accra refusals, forth benefit of DV2016/17 winners?

its a known fact that accra refusal is mainly due to failure to supply full names, wrong date of birth and disqualification due on education or work experience. most of these factors caused by agents.

citizen k please I would want to urge you to sometimes be very circumspect with some of your words u use on this platform. our culture and tradition as Ghanaians abhore the use of words like insane and the likes.we seem to forget that a pre interview mood is far different frm a post interview of which all of you have experienced, and as a matter of fact, some immotions and sentiment could possibly be incoporate into our posts when we are preparing for interview of such nature.
we would not be far from right correcting some of the impression or expression of our colleagues on this platform but we should be very tactical expecially where we coming from. certain words that are accepted in America and elsewhere wouldn't survive in our region and vice versa.
if we are to go back to our pre visa post, we would certainly see the differences
let us all try to help manage the sentiment of our colleagues who are preparing for their interviews
Hope u doing well in the states
thank,

citizen k please I would want to urge you to sometimes be very circumspect with some of your words u use on this platform. our culture and tradition as Ghanaians abhore the use of words like insane and the likes.we seem to forget that a pre interview mood is far different frm a post interview of which all of you have experienced, and as a matter of fact, some immotions and sentiment could possibly be incoporate into our posts when we are preparing for interview of such nature.
we would not be far from right correcting some of the impression or expression of our colleagues on this platform but we should be very tactical expecially where we coming from. certain words that are accepted in America and elsewhere wouldn't survive in our region and vice versa.
if we are to go back to our pre visa post, we would certainly see the differences
let us all try to help manage the sentiment of our colleagues who are preparing for their interviews
Hope u doing well in the states
thank,

Point well made. Thanks

Scratches, it gives me no pleasure at all that you or anyone else was denied. But it was obvious from the start that you would be.
Some of us tried time and time again to be realistic and explain these issues would disqualify you. It was not meant to be nasty. It was to save people the time and money that would be wasted.
Time and again the response we got was that we were being discouraging, nasty, whatever.... People got upset because we did not believe prayer would save an application with a disqualifying factor... people around here did not seem to want to hear anything other than "encouragement" even if that encouragement gave people false hope. Yes, occasionally I got exasperated because it felt like hitting my head against a brick wall when people did not want to listen to logic.

So, I am sorry you got denied, but I do hope it helps others reading this to realise that if they too have a wrong name or wrong birthdate, it is better to save their money and rather try enter again, without an agent, next time.

Scratches welcome back. Glad to know you are Kofi Adjololo's son. You are the most commited member of this forum. Keep coming back whenever you are dismissed. I hope you get to California and show SuzieQQQ your green card too. Please don't get banned again for you may run short of names to use.

Having wrong date of birth, misspelling of name, city if birth different from the edv and Ds260, introducing new name on ur Ds 260 ll automatically denied u visa.
NOTE: Even not able to answer the exactly month u played the lottery can denied u visa cos it's assume it was done by an agent. We are experiencing alot of refusal cos the embassy want to get raid of all entries done my agents.

the CO will for sure denied you the visa if you can't proved you applied yourself because the embassy considers the use of agents as scams. the consulate general stated that many people try to trick the system by first applying with full names, second with only two names ( either first and last, or first and middle) and thirdly supply wrong date of birth. Correct me if i am wrong, your friend used Osie-Bonsu Eric ( Surname, First name No Middle Name) but latter used Osie-Bonsu Eric Ato (Surname, First name Middle Name). per the interview the Consulate General had with Citi fm on 1st october, 2014, it is fraud because they think your friend (agent) applied multiple times with different combination of the name.
with the issue of place of birth, Masa 2 said he made the same mistake when applying for the wife by putting kumasi instead of Accra. the question came up and the sincere answer was given. It is our duty to prove that we applied and not an agent. the CO is thinking, how can someone not know when he/she applied if the application was done by him/herself? the agents do not give the applicant the confirmation page of the edv where the date of applying is written. the selectee is only called by the agent to inform them when they win. the embassy knows all these issues. Please to all who do not know when they applied, enter your CN, there you will see Case Creation Date.

De Don, your presentation now is educative

the CO will for sure denied you the visa if you can't proved you applied yourself because the embassy considers the use of agents as scams. the consulate general stated that many people try to trick the system by first applying with full names, second with only two names ( either first and last, or first and middle) and thirdly supply wrong date of birth. Correct me if i am wrong, your friend used Osie-Bonsu Eric ( Surname, First name No Middle Name) but latter used Osie-Bonsu Eric Ato (Surname, First name Middle Name). per the interview the Consulate General had with Citi fm on 1st october, 2014, it is fraud because they think your friend (agent) applied multiple times with different combination of the name.
with the issue of place of birth, Masa 2 said he made the same mistake when applying for the wife by putting kumasi instead of Accra. the question came up and the sincere answer was given. It is our duty to prove that we applied and not an agent. the CO is thinking, how can someone not know when he/she applied if the application was done by him/herself? the agents do not give the applicant the confirmation page of the edv where the date of applying is written. the selectee is only called by the agent to inform them when they win. the embassy knows all these issues. Please to all who do not know when they applied, enter your CN, there you will see Case Creation Date.

De Don, your presentation now is educative
i dnt see any thing educative abt his presentation...The CO asking u the particular date you entered the dv lottery...hehehe it sounds really funny