• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

He has helped many people acquire Dv visas- and probably he might have encountered some refusal cases as well.i guess not only on this forum- i belive he knows people in real life who might have been refused- thus might be in possession of some copies of refusal documentations.come on he is an ‘expert’ in the dv process, with great knowledge, writing blogs etc. No related docs of evidence? Well, that’s ok. Let’s not drag this issue pls.
So he is an agent then?

I think he was referring to me.

USA14 - when people are refused I don't ask them for denial proof.

To be clear about the place of birth issue - minor differences in describing the place of birth when that isn't impactful is not an issue. For instance, Camden is a part of London. If I put Camden or London - both are OK since both are correct.

However, if the applicant produced a place of birth document that shows a town in Nigeria for instance, that would do it. Further to that a difference in the place of birth could give rise to concerns about the legitimacy of the documents themselves or that the applicant is has tried to conceal something. For example if the FBI name search has been done on Ben Smith from Accra and the guy turns up as Ben Smith from Tamale it might be considered an attempt to commit a fraud (multiple entries).

The point is not that Ghanaian COs are getting more strict - its just that they are faced with levels of inaccuracy and fraud that does not happen in some other embassies. Again - we can look to the agents as the source of a lot of this chaos, along with a cultural acceptance that "economy with the truth" is OK somehow.

["Britsimon, post: 2380626, member: 10" Yes what Roger was pointing out was that the highest case scheduled at Accra is 16111. There could be higher cases that have not been scheduled yet but it won't be much higher, and that ties in with the dip I identified in the graph I posted earlier. The graph itself points out the stepping down in density (how many cases per 500 or 1000 or whatever). These steps represent number ranges where countries are limited during the draw process because they had a massive number of entries and would otherwise have got way too many selectees. I've explained this in detail in the forum and in my blog.

The point is, all Ghana selectees have case numbers in the first 15/16ooo entries. It is odd that Ghana is not limited (like Ethiopia and Egypt), but I suspect that is because the embassy know they will be refusing a high percentage of cases so they don't have to worry about the workload in processing all those cases in such a fast timeline.]

This is what i was referring to.

Glad someone is reading my posts!!!

Did the CO ask for the affidavit?
No I did not even wait for them to ask before I handed it over and during the submission of documents the lady in charge asked me why the affidavit and I explained but from the look on her face you can tell she wish to say it's not necessary. But during the main interview I wasn't asked anything concerning that

Hahahhahahahahaah
SCAMMER!!! Mati wai
SusieQQQ, what we re discussing here has nothing to do with one being agent or not. We re all sharing ideas and knowledge to help each other. I'm telling u what is going on @ accra embassy and u call me scammers. In pray ur case dosent fall within any of wat in said early on . I can give u startictics of gose in there since last year September till yesterday. Plz don't sit @ home and post comment, ask and those on the filed ll tell u.

Um, I am already in the US with my green card, don't worry about me.

Yes I am suspicious of someone who claims to be spending so much time at the embassy talking to rejected applicants when he apparently does not have a case of his own? And now claims to know everything that goes on at the Accra embassy? Very interesting that you know so much about so many cases. Indeed. As I recall all of your posts have been asking about 'friends' and not saying you are a winner, present or past? If I missed something kindly refer me to the post.

Anyway as i keep saying - and have said all along - wrong names and dates of birth get people disqualified. We know that. But you claim other things that we know other people have had the same non-material errors and got their visas. Anyway. Still waiting for the proof you claim to have. Also by the way why hide the CO signature, if you do that it looks like you are hiding something that does not need to be hidden.

Hahahhahahahahaah
SCAMMER!!! Mati wai
SusieQQQ, what we re discussing here has nothing to do with one being agent or not. We re all sharing ideas and knowledge to help each other. I'm telling u what is going on @ accra embassy and u call me scammers. In pray ur case dosent fall within any of wat in said early on . I can give u startictics of gose in there since last year September till yesterday. Plz don't sit @ home and post comment, ask and those on the filed ll tell u.
My brother pls there is no need for plenty talk. The only thing that can vindicate you now is the letters. Just post them.

das the case from my experience. but THOWA, let them make unnecessary argument. They ll came back crying of they fall within any of the 4 refusal i listed.

stop making non sense of yourself here. yes it is true the embassy can refused if there is any error on your edv but that does not mean it must be from your listed reasons. you promised of bringing the refusal letter, where is that? before you bring it, you have no case trying to add light to what someone else is saying because you trying to shift attention from the main matter. it has always been my stand that affidavit will not solve all error although some people think it can but that does not mean sending affidavit is bad in principle. when the CO refuse to grant visa because of a different city of birth on the edv, can that be a good disqualifying reason? can you commit immigration fraud with city of birth? all in all, please to help this forum better understand accept what you saying, bring your evidence.

Last edited:
If u no all dis then where from all dis argument.
u re in the states cool, but some of ur forum mate are in GH and need our assistance and help. plz let's educate our brothers b4 its late.
where is your education? how CAN you say mixing up surname, first and middle name on SSSCE led to a denial when most schools normally get the arrange wrong due to middle and surname error?

well let me make this clear b4 ignorant forum mate start asking gratuitous questions.
in accordance with the DV rules, errors like the 4 i listed falls under Section 212(a)(5)A.
the CO ll only tell u he is refusing u visa base on the error on ur forms and ll later give u the letter posted.
they were all told they fail to comply with the rules of the DV lottery and and cant grant them visa bcos now the rules are very strict.
if one is denied visa base on city of birth, then prepare well.

the evidence provided does not say anything on the face of the paper to support your case. as long as one have been refused a visa, there must be a reason and one of the reason will be not complying with the laws.

Last edited:
well let me make this clear b4 ignorant forum mate start asking gratuitous questions.
in accordance with the DV rules, errors like the 4 i listed falls under Section 212(a)(5)A.
the CO ll only tell u he is refusing u visa base on the error on ur forms and ll later give u the letter posted.
they were all told they fail to comply with the rules of the DV lottery and and cant grant them visa bcos now the rules are very strict.
if one is denied visa base on city of birth, then prepare well.
So providing different ‘city of birth’ on eDV alone, is failing to comply with dv rules. I guess there cld be more to that denial than just ‘place of birth’ difference.

well 4 all i no there was no mistakes or error to that case. the CO just said base on the different in city of birth she's sorry she can't grant her visa.
I urge you to read this post from Britsimon:
To be clear about the place of birth issue - minor differences in describing the place of birth when that isn't impactful is not an issue. For instance, Camden is a part of London. If I put Camden or London - both are OK since both are correct.

However, if the applicant produced a place of birth document that shows a town in Nigeria for instance, that would do it. Further to that a difference in the place of birth could give rise to concerns about the legitimacy of the documents themselves or that the applicant is has tried to conceal something. For example if the FBI name search has been done on Ben Smith from Accra and the guy turns up as Ben Smith from Tamale it might be considered an attempt to commit a fraud (multiple entries).

The point is not that Ghanaian COs are getting more strict - its just that they are faced with levels of inaccuracy and fraud that does not happen in some other embassies. Again - we can look to the agents as the source of a lot of this chaos, along with a cultural acceptance that "economy with the truth" is OK somehow.

read the underline phrase, it seems u no nothing about Dv
My brother this is not a platform meant to insult or cast needless insinuations or show one’s ‘intelligentia superiority’ over others. We all have something to offer, no matter how little it may appear. Let’s stick to the goal of encouraging and educating each other.

A lady I met during my medicals have been refused yesterday. The year of birth on her eDV entry was wrong. Though she swore an affidavit. According to her, the CO asked whether she did the initial entry herself and she anwered in the negative.

then u sld admit they can refuse an applicant base on the differences in place of birth
masa what is your problem? Although, i still do not believe what you trying to say since any error can result in refusal but some are minor, we have to move on. for example you can be refused based on photo if the CO thinks its over 6 months, providing wrong country of residence, country of eligibility error etc. most of these errors are made by the agents so the CO can even refuse you when she/he discover it was an agent who entered the lottery because they wanna discourage people from using agents like yourself. sorry i forgot your got vip card to the embassy.

Last edited:
A lady I met during my medicals have been refused yesterday. The year of birth on her eDV entry was wrong. Though she swore an affidavit. According to her, the CO asked whether she did the initial entry herself and she anwered in the negative.
that is exactly what i meant. most of the people who are refused got their enters done by these agents. i have a friend whose details was taking by an agent 7years ago when he was a student in the university. he got a call from someone last year that he has be selected for dv 2015. can u see the problem here? if he is refused, he will be given the same refusal letter stating that he did not fellow the rules of the game.

Last edited:
being and agent or a vvip card holder sldnt be ur problem.
@least i've given u ppl the balkback of whats going on now.

i have been whatsapping with masa 2and i quote " about the place of birth, i put kumasi on the first application and on the ds 260 and the birth certificate is Accra. The CO ask my wife she answer that she comes from kumasi but was born in Accra, and that was all"