• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

so you mean the security men allowed you to enter the embassy then to the consulate section without asking to see your appointment letter? i thought the first thing that is done at the gate is to check appointment letters. Please those who have been to the interview should educate me.

I was wondering this too, he certainly would not have been allowed inside with his friend. And why would rejected people leaving the embassy tell their details and give their letters to a stranger waiting outside? Hmm...

Pls Britsimon, since you work with facts and not hear say, I thought you would have requested for evidence, do u have any evidence about 'city of birth' for example? Pls let's see it if u do.

Huh? How could I have evidence? Why would I ask for that? According to the statement, the case has been adjudicated and denied. I have no reason to disbelieve the statement and since I understand the rules and I can imagine a scenario where the city of birth can cause a denial. So why do I need evidence to support my understanding of the rules? You are welcome to be sceptical about the statement itself if you wish - but as I say - none of them sound ridiculous to me - the general credibility of Ghanaian applicants is clearly an issue...

So - by all means doubt the poster because you suspect he is not telling the truth, but don't get the impression that none of the examples given cannot cause denial - they can.

Last edited:
I was wondering this too, he certainly would not have been allowed inside with his friend. And why would rejected people leaving the embassy tell their details and give their letters to a stranger waiting outside? Hmm...
i think he needs to come back with his evidence and also explain how he got in or maybe he has VIP card to the embassy.

Not really, but I have xxx yyy zzzz as surname, first name and middle name on all my documents except my SSSCE certificate that has xxx yyy excluding the middle name which I did affidavit to cover it.
Did the CO ask for the affidavit?

Huh? How could I have evidence? Why would I ask for that? According to the statement, the case has been adjudicated and denied. I have no reason to disbelieve the statement and since I understand the rules and I can imagine a scenario where the city of birth can cause a denial. So why do I need evidence to support my understanding of the rules? You are welcome to be sceptical about the statement itself if you wish - but as I say - none of them sound ridiculous to me - the general credibility of Ghanaian applicants is clearly an issue...

So - by all means doubt the poster because you suspect he is not telling the truth, but don't get the impression that none of the examples given cannot cause denial - they can.

Correct me if I’m wrong, when one is refused a visa- irrespective of what type of visa it is, a documented reason for refusal is handed over to the applicant- i guess not just oral statements made. Does this apply to all DV cases?

Correct me if I’m wrong, when one is refused a visa- irrespective of what type of visa it is, a documented reason for refusal is handed over to the applicant- i guess not just oral statements made. Does this apply to all DV cases?

Yes, they must.

Hey de don - was scratches one of the refusals? He had some issue like that right.

Yes, they must.

Hey de don - was scratches one of the refusals? He had some issue like that right.
If so then Britsimon needs to provide documented evidence of a refusal based on ‘city of birth’. That’s all I’m asking

If so then Britsimon needs to provide documented evidence of a refusal based on ‘city of birth’. That’s all I’m asking

Did you not read my post? Why do I need to provide anything? What don't you understand about the place of birth refusal?

Unlike you, I find it much more strange that someone would be in possession of a refusal letter belonging to someone else. Why on earth would britsimon have one? I don't understand why de don would have one either. I do hope he isn't an agent, or even worse one of those scammers who claim to be able to get a denial reversed.

pls masa, it not about Britsimon but its about our visa. O yes, the CO can refused us if we supplied wrong infor or error during edv. note that it is our responsibility to provide the right stuffs when filling edv. Asking Britsimon to provide documents to that effect is like saying it cant happen that CO will refused based on minor error on the edv although i doubt De Don assertion. anyway lets patiently wait for De Don evidence

Irony on this thread is cracking my ribs:D:D:D:D:D
Unlike you, I find it much more strange that someone would be in possession of a refusal letter belonging to someone else. Why on earth would britsimon have one? I don't understand why de don would have one either. I do hope he isn't an agent, or even worse one of those scammers who claim to be able to get a denial reversed.
He has helped many people acquire Dv visas- and probably he might have encountered some refusal cases as well.i guess not only on this forum- i belive he knows people in real life who might have been refused- thus might be in possession of some copies of refusal documentations.come on he is an ‘expert’ in the dv process, with great knowledge, writing blogs etc. No related docs of evidence? Well, that’s ok. Let’s not drag this issue pls.

He has helped many people acquire Dv visas- and probably he might have encountered some refusal cases as well.i guess not only on this forum- i belive he knows people in real life who might have been refused- thus might be in possession of some copies of refusal documentations.come on he is an ‘expert’ in the dv process, with great knowledge, writing blogs etc. No related docs of evidence? Well, that’s ok. Let’s not drag this issue pls.

So he is an agent then?

If the 4 denials and the reasons given are truth, the what Britsimon said about a month or two ago is what is going on in Accra. that since almost all cases in accra are less than 15000 and accra has about 3000 selectees the CO will find a way of limiting the number of visa that will be issued out.

["Britsimon, post: 2380626, member: 10" Yes what Roger was pointing out was that the highest case scheduled at Accra is 16111. There could be higher cases that have not been scheduled yet but it won't be much higher, and that ties in with the dip I identified in the graph I posted earlier. The graph itself points out the stepping down in density (how many cases per 500 or 1000 or whatever). These steps represent number ranges where countries are limited during the draw process because they had a massive number of entries and would otherwise have got way too many selectees. I've explained this in detail in the forum and in my blog.

The point is, all Ghana selectees have case numbers in the first 15/16ooo entries. It is odd that Ghana is not limited (like Ethiopia and Egypt), but I suspect that is because the embassy know they will be refusing a high percentage of cases so they don't have to worry about the workload in processing all those cases in such a fast timeline.]

This is what i was referring to.