• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

i hr and tnx.. will be getting married btw soo u see notin wrong with it lyk you do....

Yeah, you will be getting married and at the time of your interview you will present a marriage certificate tha is back-dated to prior to the DV registration, in order words, a fake marriage certificate? That is immigration fraud! And if the plan is to present the original marriage certificate, the issued date will definitely be noted as being after claiming you were married. So you can go ahead and keep thinking there's nothing wrong with what you did, but there's no point even discussing this since you're yet to be selected anyway.

Does being married increases your chance of been selected? Am sceptical about that.
not individual selection but the probability of selection as spouse because when your spouse is selected you are affected although you are not the selectee. for example, if i edv as married, i will have to enter the details of my wife when filling my forms. Then when applying for my wife, i will also have to enter my details as the husband. All things be equal, when my wife is selected, i will benefit from her selection to get a visa although my entry(husband) was not selected. Compare to entering as single, there is no way you get automatic qualification for visa when your boy/girlfriend is selected.

Last edited:
i hr and tnx.. will be getting married btw soo u see notin wrong with it lyk you do....
yes there is nothing wrong per your opinion but my problem is how can you prove you we married because you got selected? do you know that the traditional marriages have to be registered before it can be said to be marriage legally? there are many reasons why Ghana has a high refusal rate and this is surely one of the factors. On the face of the edv form it does not ask you when you got married but the DS-260 does so there will always be a confusion in the mind of the few but then it is clear you can jump the gun.

The DV Lottery is not something to be taken for granted unfortunately many people do and it tends to cost them dearly, especially at the hands of Agents. You might think som1smom is being harsh on you but she is telling you the truth and being factual. I don’t know what you gonna do should you get selected whether you would proceed with further processing or abandon it. That’s entirely your choice. Because the edv is based on a random selection, there isn’t any feature where you could go back and effect any necessary changes unlike the form ds260, perhaps in the future KCC could come up with such a feature (I stand corrected though). So for now filling out the edv requires a lot of caution, because once you submit, that’s it. Good luck though.

The fact remains that on your entry you said you were married but you were not = a false statement on a material fact. Maybe you don't see anything wrong with this but the US does...
The others have already pointed out the issues around the date on the marriage certificate.

....but not much point pursuing the debate for someone who hasn't even been selected yet...

Hello People, I've been following this thread since 2014 and I love it. I registered for the 2016 lottery and I need some clarifications please. At the time of registering, I had successfully completed my university education but had not received my certificate cos I had a resit. On the form, I indicated that the highest education achieved is University education. Was this right? I will definitely get my certificate this year even though I completed last year. Thanks.

The fact remains that on your entry you said you were married but you were not = a false statement on a material fact. Maybe you don't see anything wrong with this but the US does...
The others have already pointed out the issues around the date on the marriage certificate.

....but not much point pursuing the debate for someone who hasn't even been selected yet...
I think the debate is worth pursuing because it’s beneficial to those who are likely to commit such blunders ( with their edv entry) in the future.

Hello People, I've been following this thread since 2014 and I love it. I registered for the 2016 lottery and I need some clarifications please. At the time of registering, I had successfully completed my university education but had not received my certificate cos I had a resit. On the form, I indicated that the highest education achieved is University education. Was this right? I will definitely get my certificate this year even though I completed last year. Thanks.

It's not material... given that the requirement is high school

@kobai
Your posting has been deleted in view of the fact that it is not a DV related issue, also because you've since posted the same question in the appropriate forum and it has been answered there.

Fellow GH guys

Just want to know if someone (who's case is current) submitted the DS-260 in September and has gotten the 2nd Letter. I sent my in October and my case is current. Just want to know if there is a possibility of getting my 2nd Letter in February.

thanks

Fellow GH guys

Just want to know if someone (who's case is current) submitted the DS-260 in September and has gotten the 2nd Letter. I sent my in October and my case is current. Just want to know if there is a possibility of getting my 2nd Letter in February.

thanks
just take it cool. you might or might not get 2nl this time. all you need to do is playing the waiting game. i will suggest you call KCC to get the latest update on your case because they are in the best position to tell you when to expect your 2nl. what is your case number?