• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

I hear the Green process can start from Gh hear?Can we start the process of the Green Card acquisition from Ghana? If yes what are the steps involve?
Thank you

I hear the Green process can start from Gh hear?Can we start the process of the Green Card acquisition from Ghana? If yes what are the steps involve?
Thank you

This is ridiculous.. I stand for corrections but as far as I'm genuinely concerned Green Card process will only start after you've gone through POE and have given US Immigration you full details. I don't know how one can sit somewhere in any part of Ghana and someway somehow start the production of their Green Card without going through POE :(:(

Thank you

The only part of the process you can start in Ghana is getting the immigrant visa. Green card production is only triggered, as Citizen K says, when you actually enter the U.S. You are not a permanent resident until you have entered the US so you cannot get a green card - which is proof of your LPR status - until you have become a resident.

only 26 days bro. It is faster than i expected.
Have you been working as @Simon from Kenya recommended? Or just waiting for your GC?
Today ( December 1st 2014) marks my 9th day and begining of the second week since POE.Haven't gotten my SSN yet.We visited a certain company(factory) that was recruiting / opening for the first time.
We were three of us, the other two dv 2014 from Kenya had their SSN,after the interview and signing some documents they were told to start on Monday while I was requested to get in touch with the manager once my SSN is out (Job is guaranteed).I visited another company which had job openings and the story was the same(filled up all the forms but call us once you have the SSN)
Term of service is $11 per hour @ 40 hours per week,Extra benefits given and guarantee for permanent employment after a month.
Visited the Social Services Department and was advised to get in touch with them if by 15th of Dec 2014 the package would not have been sent.
Cant's regret being in New Jersey...

Last edited:
Today ( December 1st 2014) marks my 9th day and begining of the second week since POE.Haven't gotten my SSN yet.We visited a certain company(factory) that was recruiting / opening for the first time.
We were three of us, the other two dv 2014 from Kenya had their SSN,after the interview and signing some documents they were told to start on Monday while I was requested to get in touch with the manager once my SSN is out (Job is guaranteed).I visited another company which had job openings and the story was the same(filled up all the forms but call us once you have the SSN)
Term of service is $11 per hour @ 40 hours per week,Extra benefits given and guarantee for permanent employment after a month.
Visited the Social Services Department and was advised to get in touch with them if by 15th of Dec 2014 the package would not have been sent.
Cant's regret being in New Jersey...

Please don't copy and paste the same information on different threads in the forum. I know you trying to provide information on your journey you think others may find useful, however pasting the same thing on different threads is similar to spamming. Most people visit more than one thread so post on one thread and those who need the information will find it.

hi everyone, pls which of these is required on your ds260 form? is it (1) ssce details only (2) jss/BECE or both ssce and BECE. Also, by "high school" do they mean only SSSCE details?
per the educational system in Ghana, high school education can only be either SSSCE or WASSCE