• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Well well well... i have been to the police headquarters and feel like ranting about the "mechanical" nature of the process and the numerous protocols fast-tracking documents for beneficiaries but, my rant maybe not be necessary at this time. what is important is to be cleared by the Police. i visit the place in the afternoon at 1PM based on some advice from the old dv2014 Ghana thread. met huge crowed that almost gave me heart attack. it was as if every Ghanaian citizen needed a clearance. anyway i proceeded to the main office, asked few questions, made payment, filled form, took passport pic, waited less than an hour to be called for finger prints and i was done in approximately 2:15PM. spent only 1hr 15min and report will be ready in just a week. lucky me! .Majority of the people i spoke to actually regretted going there in the morning. seems they do a lot of "protocol" or express work at that time. The pressure was down after they had launch and the process was somehow swift for me. I paid 45GHc, they didn't have cash register, receipt didn't show amount lol, no tripod for the camera used in taking the photos so most of the photos are not properly positioned. eheheh. GH!
That's Ghana for u. great u got thru without hitches.

He can never be sure till he gives it a shot. Was supposed to collect mine on the 18th (today) but went there yesterday 17th cos I was less busy and guess wat I got it. Surprisingly it was signed and stamped on the 5th..13 clear days b4 the supposed date of collection. They are unpredictable man. A lady from Somanya travelled all the way from Somanya to Accra on her supposed date of collection only to be told it wasn't ready. Twice she came and twice she was told same story. The police officer out of pity had to take her number and promised to call her when It's ready. So like I said they are unpredictable
Really unpredictable, I agree.

Good morning friends, for all those who are still worried about affidavit of support, this is what the embassy sent me yesterday, after I sent them an email concerning that.

Thank you for your email concerning your Diversity Visa application.

We wish to inform you that you will not be required to bring or submit an Affidavit of Support or I-134 Form to process your Diversity Visa application.

Sincerely,

US Embassy Accra
Consular Section
Wooow happy to hear that.

Good morning friends, for all those who are still worried about affidavit of support, this is what the embassy sent me yesterday, after I sent them an email concerning that.

We wish to inform you that you will not be required to bring or submit an Affidavit of Support or I-134 Form to process your Diversity Visa application.

Sincerely,

US Embassy Accra
Consular Section

Good news.. Less hassle ;)

good to hear there is no need for Aos.im a selectee for 2015 with cn 2015AF00011xxx and new on this platform.when am I most likely to have my interview?I uploaded mt ds260 on the 12th of june
how do I also note my cn has become current?
wonderful feedback.great work guys

good to hear there is no need for Aos.im a selectee for 2015 with cn 2015AF00011xxx and new on this platform.when am I most likely to have my interview?I uploaded mt ds260 on the 12th of june
how do I also note my cn has become current?
wonderful feedback.great work guys

welcome. your case is current and your interview all things be equal should be in november. you should be checking your email or www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ for interview date.

welcome once again

Sincerely,

US Embassy Accra
Consular Section

Could you please post the question - I.e. How you asked about the aos. Thanks.

Could you please post the question - I.e. How you asked about the aos. Thanks.
it was a simple question i asked them. I stated my name and case number and asked if am required to submit affidavit of support as part of documents needed for the interview, and thats the response they send.

Hello guys,
It's a wonderful time with you all, reading and learning from DV 14 thread from start till date. I appreciate all manner of work done by everyone whome has one way or the other influence me. But most thanks goes Adonai, my God, my Lord, my Jesus Christ for how far He s brought me with you all.
Well, this my story .... To cut things short, realized I am a winner at the later part of the year somewhere May ending. Hahahaa, am a DV 14 winner though....
September 17, 2014 Wednesday was my chat day at the embassy. Got there as early enough before the schedule time; 7:30.

Just imagine how my chat went;

co: hello 3tes3n
Me: 3y3 oooo, na wosou3
Co: ooh good thank u
Me: nice
Co: Were u around when my college came to make u guys raised your hands and swear
Me: is it the one with our hands up?
Co: yes
Me: yes
Co: ok, fine
Me: ok
He looks on the PC and type some stuffs checked my medical report, police report, my Wassce cert and my university transcript, ok, we good to go.
Co: I will have to ask you a series of question
Me: ok, (I actually thought I heard, a serious question ... Instead of series of questions....opsss.... Never mind)
Co: are u married?
Me: no sir
Co: do u hav any kid?
Co: okay ........ Have u ever sat for Waec wassce
Co: when was that
Me: 2007
Co: how many times
Me: once
Co: just that?
Me: yes, for the Waec mainstream
Co: What abt private (nov/dec)
Me: yes, one b somewhere
He looked on the PC to do some checkings, okay but when was that
Me: hmm, didn't register same yr I completed and missed next yr reg but I fink it's the next two yr.. That's in 2009.
Co: hav u ever applied for a visa before
Me: yes, the DV program
Co: which yr
Me: 2010
Co: is it the online DV application
Me: yuh
Co: not that one ..... Just that?
Me: yuh sir
Co: checked something on PC nd said okay, you don't need that one here. Alright you are good to go
Me: hands in pocket and patiently waiting..... For some time I thought my nov/dec mess was going to cause some p but hey guys Baba God dey for wai.
Co: what do you do now?
Me: am an administrative assistant
Co: ok, guess what?
Me: what?
Co: you have a visa
Me: really?
Co: yeah man, you good to go.
I couldn't believe it for but hey guys it was mine, just lik that oooooo
He pick a sheet and wrote my collection date and adviced me not make any ticket reservation for now until I com and pick it up the following week oooo.
Co: yeah ! C u next week okay. Do u hav any question
Me: so far as u got nothing to say to me am cool
Co: u cool?
Me : yuh, am cool
Co: ok, am keeping ur docs nd passport, u wil get them all next week ok
Me: Alright sir, hen c u next week
Co : hav a good day
Me: you to
(As this point of farewell, co: gives me thumbs up and I return it to him... He repeats several times and returned it as much as he could send, he smiled and laughed and I returned it nicely to him.... Such a nice guy he was)

Well, guys don't make them know you are even for a second nervous or anything of that sort. Master courage, talk to them like you doing to a buddy of yours, be natural, simple and precise. If you are not sure explain to him or her cos that's the only chance you hav to say whatever you have to say, so please dont blow this chance. The visa is yours, just go and pick it up. Well that's mine.. Today my silence has been broken.....

Hello guys,
It's a wonderful time with you all, reading and learning from DV 14 thread from start till date. I appreciate all manner of work done by everyone whome has one way or the other influence me. But most thanks goes Adonai, my God, my Lord, my Jesus Christ for how far He s brought me with you all.
Well, this my story .... To cut things short, realized I am a winner at the later part of the year somewhere May ending. Hahahaa, am a DV 14 winner though....
September 17, 2014 Wednesday was my chat day at the embassy. Got there as early enough before the schedule time; 7:30.

Co: Were u around when my college came to make u guys raised your hands and swear
He looks on the PC and type some stuffs checked my medical report, police report, my Wassce cert and my university transcript, ok, we good to go.
Me: ok, (I actually thought I heard, a serious question ... Instead of series of questions....opsss.... Never mind)
Me: hmm, didn't register same yr I completed and missed next yr reg but I fink it's the next two yr.. That's in 2009.
Co: checked something on PC nd said okay, you don't need that one here. Alright you are good to go
Me: hands in pocket and patiently waiting..... For some time I thought my nov/dec mess was going to cause some p but hey guys Baba God dey for wai.
He pick a sheet and wrote my collection date and adviced me not make any ticket reservation for now until I com and pick it up the following week oooo.
(As this point of farewell, co: gives me thumbs up and I return it to him... He repeats several times and returned it as much as he could send, he smiled and laughed and I returned it nicely to him.... Such a nice guy he was)

Well, guys don't make them know you are even for a second nervous or anything of that sort. Master courage, talk to them like you doing to a buddy of yours, be natural, simple and precise. If you are not sure explain to him or her cos that's the only chance you hav to say whatever you have to say, so please dont blow this chance. The visa is yours, just go and pick it up. Well that's mine.. Today my silence has been broken.....

Wonderful

Hello guys,

Wow so cool... We thank God.

i called KCC and the lady told me of my interview date. you can call them to confirm although they have not updated www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/
Thanks for the cue @enotina. My cn is in the AF2k range and i submitted my form on the 13th of June. I just called and they told me my ds-260 has been received but has not been processed yet. @Britsimon kindly educate me on what goes into the processing of the forms. I asked the lady on the phone if by her own estimation my case could take a month or two more to process and she said it may or may not.