• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

If the passport leaves out the middle name she can surely use the birth certificate to get a corrected version to present. So the key thing actually is that the entry matches the name on the birth certificate.
SusieQQQ are u a Ghanaian, cos in Ghana things are not as smooth as other countries. I applied for a correction to be made on my passport and since December my passport is not ready.

I will be current this year and i dont even know what to do cos i need to unlock and fill in my pasaport number.

SusieQQQ are u a Ghanaian, cos in Ghana things are not as smooth as other countries. I applied for a correction to be made on my passport and since December my passport is not ready.

I will be current this year and i dont even know what to do cos i need to unlock and fill in my pasaport number.

No I'm not Ghanaian, but in principle that is the difference between a denial and not a denial.
Also you don't need to worry too much about unlocking the DS form for a passport number, many people get new passports before the interview, just take the old one with too if you put an old number down.

No I'm not Ghanaian, but in principle that is the difference between a denial and not a denial.
Also you don't need to worry too much about unlocking the DS form for a passport number, many people get new passports before the interview, just take the old one with too if you put an old number down.
Actually i didnt fill in any passport number because i knew i would get the old one before my interview therefore i thicked other relevant documents.

In this case should i unlock or present the passport at the interview?

Actually i didnt fill in any passport number because i knew i would get the old one before my interview therefore i thicked other relevant documents.

In this case should i unlock or present the passport at the interview?

I don't think it makes much of a difference to be honest. If it were me I would just present it at the interview. You may feel more comfortable updating the DS.

When you don't know anything about a person, you say what you feel! I like it!

This is the internet dude, the only thing anyone can know about others is revealed by what and how they post! So ponder on that one for a second!
Anyway what do you care, you obviously won't be hanging around here seeing as you are off to the cold climes of the far north ;)

When you don't know anything about a person, you say what you feel! I like it!

I don't need to know you personally to post what I posted about. You're not the first person I've come across who is trying so hard to convince everyone that Canada is better than the U.S. and that they would rather immigrate to Canada, while at the same gathering all and any information they can, doing everything humanly possible, and looking at every possibility of actually immigrating to the U.S.

Yep, actions speaks louder than words!

I don't need to know you personally to post what I posted about. You're not the first person I've come across who is trying so hard to convince everyone that Canada is better than the U.S. and that they would rather immigrate to Canada, while at the same gathering all and any information they can, doing everything humanly possible, and looking at every possibility of actually immigrating to the U.S.

Yep, actions speaks louder than words!
You are right, I have no purpose here seeing that my agenda is different. I am not dying to go to America. I have a visitors visa, my father legally lives there and the rest of my family.

However, I am here to gather proof and information with respect to the whole dv happenings. I teach and speak from experience. When I heard of the lottery, I thought it to be unreal. However, upon research I came across the link and decided to try it seeing I don't have to pay anything. Also, one of my business topics looks at immigration, its causes and effects. With my discussion I use real life experiences tying them to what is happening locally, regionally and internationally. So, this is about research within the teaching and learning context.

You are right, I have no purpose here seeing that my agenda is different. I am not dying to go to America. I have a visitors visa, my father legally lives there and the rest of my family.

However, I am here to gather proof and information with respect to the whole dv happenings. I teach and speak from experience. When I heard of the lottery, I thought it to be unreal. However, upon research I came across the link and decided to try it seeing I don't have to pay anything. Also, one of my business topics looks at immigration, its causes and effects. With my discussion I use real life experiences tying them to what is happening locally, regionally and internationally. So, this is about research within the teaching and learning context.
Then your research design is very interesting. Want to study a phenomena? Sit where you have a good bird's eye view- and do not ruffe it up, or live it, and on....
Be kind enough to share with us your end findings.

I didn't want to share my first interview experience cos wanted to be sure of today first.

My experience
Went to the embassy two weeks ago. Sat under the trees. They came and opened the door. Security checks as usual. Entered and a fair lady who wanted money from us took us through. DV people were 5. We took docs to Window 1 and given a sheet to fill and asked to wait for the cashier. We paid and submitted the form back to window 1. Took the forms somewhere. Lots of people there. Started calling names. First DV applicant was a man and his family and voila were approved. Second person was refused. A guy who sat by me. He said the CO told him dat he didn't comply with the rules. Gave him a sheet with the reason. The guy was shocked cos he sed nothing was wrong. My turn now. Was called. Went there. He said he cant give me the visa now but should come on 30th and gave me a sheet.

Today 30th....
Went there early. Usual checkins. Was sure of going for my visa cos most guys that were refused took their passports. My turn came again. He said he would have offered to give the visa to me but I dont qualify educationally. I said, "are u kidin me". Asked him why and he jus handed me back my documents and the refusal letter. I have cried at the embassy today. If anybody here went to the embassy today Asomdwee Wura is the guy that the security people came to pick from the floor. The one the white lady was consoling. The CO didnt even wan me to talk. I have been refused.

Guys..... I don know how they do their eviction but these people are something else. He even took my degree and looked at it for some seconds and SHS cert. What a shock. Still in a car though to my house. Hmmm.

owww.......hmmmmm....sorry bro. The embassy should tell us why the high refusal rate. any policy to it. they have to be considerate a little. some of the excuses they give out for the refusal is simply unacceptable. we go through all this only for them to touch on our fate like this?......so sorry bro.

@Sm1smom, @Britsimon, the AoS sent by my host had errors on my wife's fill with the name arrangement and the Age, though mine was very correct. im the main applicant. will be an issue? or i will have to call for a change of my wife's fill.

Want clarification. My wife who is the principal applicant failed in her sssce final waec exams but wrote in the nov/dec exams and passesd all after 10yrs of trying. Can she be denied on the bases that she failed at school?
Both nov/dec and april/may exams are the same. both by waec, and for testing secondary education in various fields. if you fail in school (april/may) and pass as a private candidate (nov/dec) you still get the same certificate with same seal which can be used for whatever the april/may certificate can be used for.
You got 7 days more, hope you are keeping track of time. I am quietly waiting behind you.
All the best in your preparation.