• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Hmmm, I also did a confirmation of my ssce results frm waec and it went smoothly without any hitches. The embassy confirmed receipt. Is there anything more you would want us to know about your case?
i like your question mainly because we don't know of his case which makes it difficult to know what is going on.

that is what i have plan doing because a friend told me she did 3 times before they approved her visa last year
as an active member, i did not expect this kind of little little information. why dont you want to share your experience at least so that some of us who are yet to attend our interview can learn?

Please do I go there straight or I have to inform them so that they can schedule me? And any information I have to carry along? Please throw more light on the medical process for me. Please.
No appointment needed just walk in with 6 passport pics, ghc811, Host's address n zip code. You might wanna call them for any updates..

6 passport pics, medical fee and host address? What are they using the latter for? And please do I have to take some letter along (1nl or 2nl)?
U will fill a form which requires your host's address. You don't need to take the 1nl or 2nl with you, just bear in mind your interview date cos they will ask you.

Last edited:
there is nothing wrong with my cert because i even downloaded the online result using the result checker card and sent it together with the spoiled cert and my university cert as well. but the CO said the confirmation has not gotten to them.

there is nothing wrong with my cert because i even downloaded the online result using the result checker card and sent it together with the spoiled cert and my university cert as well. but the CO said the confirmation has not gotten to them.
Can you please walk us through your whole interview experience, if u don't mind? We need this in order to understand your case better and offer the most suitable advice.

Can you please walk us through your whole interview experience, if u don't mind? We need this in order to understand your case better and offer the most suitable advice.
there was nothing extra ordinary from what its been shared here.but she said they dont have the confirmation from waec and went further to say that it sometimes take a bit longer to get to them. so i should go back and come again on 24 march

there was nothing extra ordinary from what its been shared here.but she said they dont have the confirmation from waec and went further to say that it sometimes take a bit longer to get to them. so i should go back and come again on 24 march
masa, its okay. no need to share since there is nothing worthwhile in your experience. assuming everyone said there is nothing extra ordinary after their interview, will you be on this forum? anyway we move on!

masa, its okay. no need to share since there is nothing worthwhile in your experience. assuming everyone said there is nothing extra ordinary after their interview, will you be on this forum? anyway we move on!
why are some people like you are soo rude in this forum? were you expecting me to start with the greetings and the swear i sworn there whiles every body here knows that's the normal routine at the interview? you should learn how to respond to threats here ok?

why are some people like you are soo rude in this forum? were you expecting me to start with the greetings and the swear i sworn there whiles every body here knows that's the normal routine at the interview? you should learn how to respond to threats here ok?
i sincerely wish members here will tell me truly if i have been rude to you and i will say sorry. sincerely ask yourself how many people have reported their interview experience the same way like you?

The CO who interviewed me yesterday asked me to come on nxt month because they need to confirm my certificate.
u mean ur high school certificate, i guess u have nothing to worry abt, they will do some checks and give u ur visa.
Did he/she tell you which document that need verification? Educational, birth ... or which?
That is AP.

What about your certificate did they need to check and which certificate?
can you please share with us the detail of your interview in relation to the questions asked
you are right. i wish Nana sarfo can share with us his experience so we can compare to kul jay to have an idea as to what is happening. kul jay, you are not sure what exactly was the cause of the AP or what exactly you think they are looking at?
what is your highest educational qualification? what i wanna find out if whether you went with SSSCE or have any other qualification?
which of these questions did you answer or help the forum with as at 6th January that most of the questions were ask( 1st interview)?

Last edited:
IMO, there is always something 'extra' someone can share on this forum. Obviously, your case is perculiar (did u quote ur name n case no.?). The maximum no. of days it takes WAEC to dispatch a result is 10 working days. It took mine 3 working days to get to the embassy and if yours hasn't gotten to them since January or so...It shows how 'extra-ordinary' your case is. Let's move on

I received this letter on the 3rd day of inquiry (i.e. 3rd day after confirmation) from the embassy:

Thank you for your email inquiry.

We can confirm receipt of your WAEC scores and they are currently on file with your case at the Embassy. Please be advised that you should verify if you qualify vocationally/educationally before paying the interview fee on the day of the interview. Being granted an interview is not guarantee of a visa and there are no refunds if you are disqualified. Please note that your biographical information must be the same across documentation or you risk disqualification.

Sincerely,

US Embassy Accra

Consular Section

Note: You should never pay for travel arrangements (e.g., airfare, hotels) without having a visa in your possession. The U.S. Embassy accepts no responsibility if you do so. We are unable to guarantee the issuance of a U.S. visa before a fixed travel date. You risk significant financial losses if you ignore this advice.

**** Please include your case number in all correspondence ****

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

i'v been living overseas for some years now and i wanna know if i need to get police clearance from
each country i've lived? making it three police cert. is that right?

i'v been living overseas for some years now and i wanna know if i need to get police clearance from
each country i've lived? making it three police cert. is that right?
If you lived for more than 12 months out of your country, yes you need to have a police certificate from the country where you lived in.
Here is the detail...
An applicant must obtain a police
certificate from the local police authority:
IF you…
AND…
have been living in your country of
nationality at their current residence for
more than 6 months
you are 16 years old or older
lived in a different part of your country of
nationality for more than 6 months
you were 16 years or older at that time
lived in a different country for more than
12 months

www.travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/documents-to-submit-to-nvc.html