• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

OK - I don't want to get into a cheese argument - but just the fact that you revere a "grilled cheese" kind of disqualifies you. You'll be telling me next that cheese out of a can is the best thing ever! :p:D

Joking apart - yes there are a few places you can get decent cheese - but the expectation is pretty low. Kind of like American bread.
PUH-leese, just because you lack the sophisticated palate to appreciate good cheese, doesn't mean you have to insult the cheese connoisseurs. Personally I didn't even know you could get cheese out of a can, but if that's the sort of 'cheese' that you feel comfortable with, so be it. (This is what happens when you insult cheese lovers.) ;)

Just as long as its not that blue vein..........:eek: Im not pitching my tent next to you on the camping trip:D

It was haloumi. Teamed with squid and salad.

This morning's cheese was a vintage cheddar with crackers.

And who even asked you to pitch your tent next to mine? ;) I'm pitching my tent next to monkeyman @guestgulkan. I'm keen to learn more about monkeys.

Ok so heres a Q.......... not about cheese.. sorry.
Those who have gone before....... I think this maybe for you.
So Ive been to the https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov site and paid the $165 (or whatever) fee that is required before landing in the US. I received an automated email confirmation of my payment so Im guessing I should print and present at POE? also I dont seem to be progressing on the web page 'status bar' (see attachment)
Is this normal? Im just wondering what 'optimized' means and when does it occur?
Perhaps if I sobered up from celebrating it may be more clear but in the mean time can anyone shine a little light please?
Picture 5.png

It was haloumi. Teamed with squid and salad.

This morning's cheese was a vintage cheddar with crackers.

And who even asked you to pitch your tent next to mine? ;) I'm pitching my tent next to monkeyman @guestgulkan. I'm keen to learn more about monkeys.

Well thats a bit of a slap in the face with a thin slice of Jarlsberg. o_O

I look like the little pillsbury doughboy.
images

Getting really off topic now but..

I once asked a taxi driver in Indonesia how much a Monyet (bahasa) costs. He said 200,000 Rupiah.

Depressed. Expensive.

Then I tried to do the fx conversion in my head.. .. (insert few minutes of delay) ..

20 dollars. 20 dollars!

Jackpot!

But my wife wouldn't let me buy one.

Depressed again.

:(

:)

thanks for all the advice, I have been powering through the forum today (luckily its a slow day at work, up to page 77 so far!)

I completed my DS-260 on the 20th May, I was an eager beaver and wanted to submit it asap. Since completion I have gotten my first Irish passport (my parents are Irish and I have dual nationality).
I have also realized that I have made a mistake and omitted an address from my DS- 260. I lived in the UK from 2001 - 2005 and lived in approx 10 different houses typical Aussie backpacker so it was very difficult to obtain all of this information when I was completing my DS-260 as I'm not much of a record keeper.
I applied for my UK police check last month and my mum dug out her old address book and I was able to piece together all the places that I had lived in the UK so I entered the addresses correctly in my UK police check form. Upon comparison with my DS-260 I realised there was a discrepancy.

I have not contacted the KCC to add the details of my Irish passport or correct UK address, I thought I would be able to correct this information at my interview but after reading through this forum that doesn't look like the case.

I'm going to contact the KCC and ask them to unlock my DS-260 so I can update these details pronto? Does anyone know if this will delay me getting my interview as I have just gone current for the Feb visa bulletin....

thanks for all the advice, I have been powering through the forum today (luckily its a slow day at work, up to page 77 so far!)

I completed my DS-260 on the 20th May, I was an eager beaver and wanted to submit it asap. Since completion I have gotten my first Irish passport (my parents are Irish and I have dual nationality).
I have also realized that I have made a mistake and omitted an address from my DS- 260. I lived in the UK from 2001 - 2005 and lived in approx 10 different houses typical Aussie backpacker so it was very difficult to obtain all of this information when I was completing my DS-260 as I'm not much of a record keeper.
I applied for my UK police check last month and my mum dug out her old address book and I was able to piece together all the places that I had lived in the UK so I entered the addresses correctly in my UK police check form. Upon comparison with my DS-260 I realised there was a discrepancy.

I have not contacted the KCC to add the details of my Irish passport or correct UK address, I thought I would be able to correct this information at my interview but after reading through this forum that doesn't look like the case.

I'm going to contact the KCC and ask them to unlock my DS-260 so I can update these details pronto? Does anyone know if this will delay me getting my interview as I have just gone current for the Feb visa bulletin....

If you unlock it now it will delay you. You can however correct that information at interview - it won't cause you a problem.

If you unlock it now it will delay you. You can however correct that information at interview - it won't cause you a problem.

Thanks for the speedy response Simon, I thought if I turned up to the interview and needed changes that would annoy them but I really don't want to delay my interview!

Ok so heres a Q.......... not about cheese.. sorry.
Those who have gone before....... I think this maybe for you.
So Ive been to the https://elis.uscis.dhs.gov site and paid the $165 (or whatever) fee that is required before landing in the US. I received an automated email confirmation of my payment so Im guessing I should print and present at POE? also I dont seem to be progressing on the web page 'status bar' (see attachment)
Is this normal? Im just wondering what 'optimized' means and when does it occur?
Perhaps if I sobered up from celebrating it may be more clear but in the mean time can anyone shine a little light please?
View attachment 307

You don't need to give any proof at POE.
It moves to optimized when your green card goes into production.

Getting really off topic now but..

I once asked a taxi driver in Indonesia how much a Monyet (bahasa) costs. He said 200,000 Rupiah.

Depressed. Expensive.

Then I tried to do the fx conversion in my head.. .. (insert few minutes of delay) ..

20 dollars. 20 dollars!

Jackpot!

But my wife wouldn't let me buy one.

Depressed again.

:(

:)
Ok Emily, you can tent next to 'monkey man', noooooooo problem:)

You lot can really talk! Getting back to cheese...we searched everywhere for decent cheese on our trip in the USA and their cheese is so much different to ours. Cheese in a can, we had to try it...it wasn't bad at all, made a nice snack when we pulled our RV over for a rest stop grilled some cheese quesadillas and had cheese in a can on biscuits.

We are selling a lot of our stuff - electronics, furniture, and putting some in storage - books, keepsakes, collectables, etc. Plan to just take over our clothes, computers, some prints/artwork for our house and my vinyl record collection! Hopefully it will all fit in our checked luggage, we may prepurchase some extra baggage!

We are selling everything and are going to scan kids artwork, old photos and other keepsakes that are scannable. We are selling up everything and not shipping because things are a lot cheaper over there.