• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I just checked mine, still no go, might have to ring on Tuesday once its past the 15th. The waiting game kills me. Every time I ring up KCC they tell me they are "processing" I would not of thought it would take 5 Months to process electronic forms. :) Lets see what next week brings

Ok, you maybe don't understand that the processing includes things like running background checks?

Eeeeek there's a seige going on at the Lindt Cafe one block from the United States consulate in Sydney. Gunman holding hostages. All the buildings are in lockdown. I would be freaking out a bit if my interview was tomorrow, luckily it's next week and hopefully things will be back to normal....

Last edited:
I just got my photos taken for the visa/medical and the photo itself is the right size 2 x 2 inches...but they haven't trimmed them exactly to that, there's a white border :/ Should i trim them myself? I went to one of the travel.state.gov suggested photo places too.

I just got my photos taken for the visa/medical and the photo itself is the right size 2 x 2 inches...but they haven't trimmed them exactly to that, there's a white border :/ Should i trim them myself? I went to one of the travel.state.gov suggested photo places too.
I thought it was 2.5 inches? Not that I think it matters for the medical, apparently some people used Australian size passport photos. My photos were given to me all on one page so I had to cut them out myself, so if you're worried it shouldn't be a problem to trim them down.

I thought it was 2.5 inches? Not that I think it matters for the medical, apparently some people used Australian size passport photos. My photos were given to me all on one page so I had to cut them out myself, so if you're worried it shouldn't be a problem to trim them down.

Nope its 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size. I emailed the medical place and they recommended using US ones as its for a US visa. and we will need it for our interview as well so will just use the same set. I'll trim them down then just to be sure. :)

Nope its 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size. I emailed the medical place and they recommended using US ones as its for a US visa. and we will need it for our interview as well so will just use the same set. I'll trim them down then just to be sure. :)
I just looked again - right you are! It's been a while since I got mine done. Agree you might as well get them all done at once.

The lady at the photo place told us not to trim them. There was a reason why but I can't remember sorry

The lady at the photo place told us not to trim them. There was a reason why but I can't remember sorry

So yours had a white border around them too that made them larger than 2x2 inches? I"m just worried they won't accept them at the interview or something!

So yours had a white border around them too that made them larger than 2x2 inches? I"m just worried they won't accept them at the interview or something!
Surely they could trim it down themselves or worst case, you go out and trim it down and come back if they don't accept it?

How large is the white margin? If a mm or so no worry. The ones i have seen in the recommended studios in Kenya are not excaatly 51mm, there is a small boundary and have not had any issue from successful interviewees so far , though i do not know how strict your consulate/co will be. self- trimming won't mess them?
Sorry to hear about some crazy hostage taker there, all is well?

Hey y'all, 2015OC000009XX here checking in. In terms of the police check/medical - should I be booking in when I expect the interview date to be, or once I get the letter confirming the interview date? I suspect the former?

Hey y'all, 2015OC000009XX here checking in. In terms of the police check/medical - should I be booking in when I expect the interview date to be, or once I get the letter confirming the interview date? I suspect the former?

Hi there! Wait till you have your interview date confirmed, and then book in, keeping in mind your medical generally has 6 mths validity from issue and has to be valid when you enter the US... so you don't want to do it too early if you plan to wait a bit before heading over to activate your green card...
Police check will be valid for 12 months, so you could get that now if you want. If you need police checks from overseas countries as well that may be something you want to think about doing earlier, as they may take longer.

Hi there! Wait till you have your interview date confirmed, and then book in, keeping in mind your medical generally has 6 mths validity from issue and has to be valid when you enter the US... so you don't want to do it too early if you plan to wait a bit before heading over to activate your green card...
Police check will be valid for 12 months, so you could get that now if you want. If you need police checks from overseas countries as well that may be something you want to think about doing earlier, as they may take longer.

Don't get police checks for your current country too early. In a sense, they have no validity period, since you could be arrested the day after you get the report.

Has anyone tried to make an appointment at Medibank Melbourne over the past couple of days? The phone number provided through the US consulate does not work 1300 361 046 * tried to attach the link but I haven't posted enough :(

I then looked up another number on Medibank's website 1300 244 792 - that one is for medicals for visas and after calling it and selecting the option for US Visa medical in Melbourne no one answers the call, it just rings out and eventually disconnects. So frustrating!

Has anyone tried to make an appointment at Medibank Melbourne over the past couple of days? The phone number provided through the US consulate does not work 1300 361 046 * tried to attach the link but I haven't posted enough :(

I then looked up another number on Medibank's website 1300 244 792 - that one is for medicals for visas and after calling it and selecting the option for US Visa medical in Melbourne no one answers the call, it just rings out and eventually disconnects. So frustrating!
That's strange, I did my medical through them and had no problems getting through. I had the same thing as you, the old phone number was wrong and I called the new phone number and got through straight away. Perhaps they're really busy or something, keep trying, perhaps at a different time of day.

That's strange, I did my medical through them and had no problems getting through. I had the same thing as you, the old phone number was wrong and I called the new phone number and got through straight away. Perhaps they're really busy or something, keep trying, perhaps at a different time of day.

ok thanks for the tip, I will keep trying :)