• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Its easy to start getting a bit obsessive about predicting the numbers after looking at previous data and these forums, my sympathies to those that are still waiting after almost a year. A few thoughts:

Given there were over 140,000 "winners" for DV2014, is it safe to say that the allocation in 2015 may go to higher CNs? As there were less DV2015 winners with 125,000?

Also, can somebody please clarify for me exactly the implications of the Sept 30 cutoff? If your interview is on the last day in September, and approved on the spot, are you in?

Also, can somebody please clarify for me exactly the implications of the Sept 30 cutoff? If your interview is on the last day in September, and approved on the spot, are you in?

A good question, considering that processing must be completed and visa issued by the end of Sept (hence why AP applications would miss out).

I doubt they would even hold interviews towards the end of the month, for this very reason?

Anyone else care to enlighten?

A good question, considering that processing must be completed and visa issued by the end of Sept (hence why AP applications would miss out).

I doubt they would even hold interviews towards the end of the month, for this very reason?

Anyone else care to enlighten?
Hi Matt, sorry, what's an AP Application"? Administrative Processing??

Its easy to start getting a bit obsessive about predicting the numbers after looking at previous data and these forums, my sympathies to those that are still waiting after almost a year. A few thoughts:

Given there were over 140,000 "winners" for DV2014, is it safe to say that the allocation in 2015 may go to higher CNs? As there were less DV2015 winners with 125,000?

OK about Sept 30. If you are interviewed on September and approved - you are in. It may take a few more days to get the printed visa in your passport - but that is ok. What is NOT ok is if you have an interview on Sept 30 and they want to put you on AP - that would be like a denial - because you would time out. We generally see a flurry of visa issuance activity toward the end of the year in AP cases getting approved.

About DV2015. It is good that there are less selectees this year BUT high CNs in DV2015 can't rest very much easier in my opinion - and I'll explain why.

There are a number of countries where they have so many entries that they are artificially limited during the draw process. I am NOT talking about being limited during processing (like the 9500 implemented for Nepal this month). I am talking about the fact that some countries were limited in 2014 to around 6000 max selectees when actually by entry numbers they would have got a lot more than that.

During DV2014, that artificial limit was 6k (and Ghana was also limited but to a lower number because it has unusually low derivative numbers). OK, in DV2015 that 6k limit is now 5k. There are 10 countries limited in this way – so that is 10k selectees reduced there. Some of those countries would be limited normally during processing, but not all.

Next, the biggest number of entries for a few years has been from Nigeria. They are excluded in 2015, so that means they didn't get the “usual” 6k (or 5k).

That, added with the 10k above might account for the 15k reduction from 140 to 125. My pointy being that 125 in DV2015 is actually quite similar to 140k in DV2014.

Any thoughts?

Just giong to repost again just in case anyone can shed any light.....

Hi All,

2015OC0000006X

I have a question in regards to police checks. On the dvselectee.state.gov/ it states that if you live in a different part of the country for more than 6 months than you need to obtain a police check from that local authority. I was very thorough in my application and now regretting it as Ive moved about 6 times in 5 years in Australia. Does this essenitaly mean Ill need to provide 6 seperate police checks from the local authorities as I lived for more than 6 months in those regions? Or is a police check from Australia going to be sufficent enough and cover those local authorities? I guess I'm just not sure what a police check in OZ will cover you for.

Hi All,

2015OC0000006X

I have a question in regards to police checks. On the dvselectee.state.gov/ it states that if you live in a different part of the country for more than 6 months than you need to obtain a police check from that local authority. I was very thorough in my application and now regretting it as Ive moved about 6 times in 5 years in Australia. Does this essenitaly mean Ill need to provide 6 seperate police checks from the local authorities as I lived for more than 6 months in those regions? Or is a police check from Australia going to be sufficent enough and cover those local authorities? I guess I'm just not sure what a police check in OZ will cover you for.

If you've stated that you lived in different states, you will need a Police Certificate from each state that you resided in for more than 6 months (where you were older than 16 years old).

Better to fork out the extra cash, than to be put into AP and then still have to go and get the missing certificates.

Hi All,

2015OC0000006X

You might want to check the Australia 2014 and 2013 threads. Im sure this has been addressed :)

If you've stated that you lived in different states, you will need a Police Certificate from each state that you resided in for more than 6 months (where you were older than 16 years old).

Are you sure about that? I got a Federal Police Clearance last week and it says it covers all Australian jurisdictions. Maybe the Consulate has a different state by state requirement?

But I agree with this anyway: "Better to fork out the extra cash, than to be put into AP and then still have to go and get the missing certificates."

Are you sure about that? I got a Federal Police Clearance last week and it says it covers all Australian jurisdictions. Maybe the Consulate has a different state by state requirement?

But I agree with this anyway: "Better to fork out the extra cash, than to be put into AP and then still have to go and get the missing certificates."

geustgulkan how did oyu obtain the Federal Police Clearance, do you have a link?

geustgulkan how did oyu obtain the Federal Police Clearance, do you have a link?

Australian Police (AFP) clearance, see:
www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks.aspx
If you do not have internet access, call the AFP helpdesk on +61 2 6202
The National Police Check Application Form is available from the Australian
FederalPolice website.
https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/

Apply by mail to
AFP Criminal Records

At Locked Bag 8550
CANBERRA CITY ACT 2601

Fee For details of the charges payable, see above website

All online - had it in my mailbox in 4 days.

Australian Police (AFP) clearance, see:
www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks.aspx
If you do not have internet access, call the AFP helpdesk on +61 2 6202
The National Police Check Application Form is available from the Australian
FederalPolice website.
https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/

Apply by mail to
AFP Criminal Records

At Locked Bag 8550
CANBERRA CITY ACT 2601

Fee For details of the charges payable, see above website

All online - had it in my mailbox in 4 days.

OK thanks for this. Just so Im sure, if I go to this site https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/ and complete the online application and Ive only lived in NSW than this should suffice?

OK thanks for this. Just so Im sure, if I go to this site https://afpnationalpolicechecks.converga.com.au/ and complete the online application and Ive only lived in NSW than this should suffice?

Best solution - get the answer from the horses mouth ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

Which Applicants Need to Submit a Police Certificate
Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit all required police certificates to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at his or her interview.

What Does the Applicant Submit
The applicant must submit police certificates that meet the following guidelines. The police certificate must:
  • Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area.
  • Be issued by the appropriate police authority.
  • Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.
Also look at the "When Does the Applicant Need a Police Certificate" section (also under the 'Police Certificate' section) specific to lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months line.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AS.html

Overseas - Australian Federal Police website.
New South Wales - New South Wales Police website.
Queensland - Queensland Police website.
ACT - Australian Federal Police website.
Western Australia - Western Australia Police website.
Victoria - Victoria Police website.
Tasmania - Tasmanian Police website.
Northern Territory - Northern Territory Police website.
South Australia - South Australia Police website.​