• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Visa and passport arrived this morning,. very relieved. I have a question, has anyone who recieved their visa got their chest x ray results on a dvd? Is this fine to take the the states when activating the greencard? On the activation enveleope they give you it says chest xray film.

Hey Matt Ive just poster re xrays. No more films just discs/dvd whatever they are called.

Regarding the 2NL, the website says to that it will be sent via email but I can't remember the email address I gave. I log in weekly to check the status looking for the interview, will it be there when the time comes?

Regarding the 2NL, the website says to that it will be sent via email but I can't remember the email address I gave. I log in weekly to check the status looking for the interview, will it be there when the time comes?

Yup it sure will.

Below is the email I was sent for the 2nl.

'You have received this email notification to inform you that you have updates available at http: //www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. Please log in using your confirmation number from your original application to complete further processing'.

Last edited:
Howdy all. Just got in from my medical here in Brisbane. As previously reported by others it was a piece of cake.
Personally I am glad I didnt have the serology test done to check for previous vaccinations. By the time you factor the Dr visit and blood test costs, its about the same as the vaccination which by the way even if you were vaccinated as a kid you will require a booster as I did.

NEW INFO re chest xrays. According to my Dr I will not be given a film only a disc. Although I have not seen this update on the state.gov site this is the new request from the US powers above.
Ive attached my invoice with a break down for anyone who is interested.

Ticking the boxes here, next stop SYD consulate on the 25th. See you there AimLK. Ill be the one with the nice new shiny smile :DView attachment 267 View attachment 267
Yep, I just picked my medical and my X-ray was on DVD.

I didn't do serology either but I was lucky, I didn't need any boosters or additional vaccines the Dr just signed off on the basis of my childhood and other vaccinations. Guess it depends who you get.

Looks like cost of the medical is pretty much the same across the country.

Yep, I just picked my medical and my X-ray was on DVD.

I didn't do serology either but I was lucky, I didn't need any boosters or additional vaccines the Dr just signed off on the basis of my childhood and other vaccinations. Guess it depends who you get.

Looks like cost of the medical is pretty much the same across the country.

Well done Essey! My Dr signed off on my verbal history too. Come to think of it the reason I needed boosters was Im over 50. Happy to have them.

I did enter DV2016 but I'm a dolt who leaves nothing to chance.

NYC, I'd estimate as best I can and take the ATO data in with you perhaps just in case they ask and you can tell them you made best efforts to find out.

Thanks Emily, (at the risk of sounding cavalier) I figure if I can't find the information after weeks of digging, then its unlikely they will either. A standard response is that only 7 years of info like this is kept. Its annoying though, because I obviously want the form to be as perfect as possible.

Last edited:
Just a bit of info if anyone is interested..... my DS 260 was unlocked on 1/10/14 and resubmitted same day. Originally submitted in june. I rang KCC this morning to check where I'm up to and all paperwork is in the system and good to go. I thought it may be delayed. Just thought I'd ease the mind of anyone out there concerned about unlocking their form. Do it as early as possible. Im in the late 700's and am not delayed at all. Yay.

Also...OCEms are you saying there is no point getting blood test to check for immunizations prior to medical? Being over 50 I have no records even tho I know I had most of them. They give you a booster anyway?

Just a bit of info if anyone is interested..... my DS 260 was unlocked on 1/10/14 and resubmitted same day. Originally submitted in june. I rang KCC this morning to check where I'm up to and all paperwork is in the system and good to go. I thought it may be delayed. Just thought I'd ease the mind of anyone out there concerned about unlocking their form. Do it as early as possible. Im in the late 700's and am not delayed at all. Yay.

Also...OCEms are you saying there is no point getting blood test to check for immunizations prior to medical? Being over 50 I have no records even tho I know I had most of them. They give you a booster anyway?

Some data changes will cause a delay - there are some things that don't cause reprocessing and other things that will.

Deb, I think it might depend a little bit on who you get as a doctor, but mine was saying that if you don't have any records of vaccinations, then you will probably have to get vaccinations on the day. I had about 80% of my records, so that was enough for him to basically 'fill in the gaps' and that's why I didn't need any additional vaccines despite not having all my records. So if you don't have any records, then it might be worth getting the serology, or if there are vaccinations you know you haven't got, you could get them now and then you'll have some records to support you at the medical. Also, some vaccinations like Hep A and B have a course which takes several months, so you'd want to start them now to be fully immune by the time you get your medical.

You will have to forgive me for the elementary nature of this question- and I have searched the forums. I'm submitting my DS-260 this weekend and I'm currently finalising my 10 year work history.

I have 7 years history with pretty solid dates, the previous 3 beyond that I cannot find the information. I have start dates from jobs during 2004-2007 (that I got from the ATO) but no final end date from these periods of employment. My question:
How imperative is the accuracy of these dates? A lot of these were jobs while I was a student, so they are of the-very-short-term-casual-work type situation.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.
Do you have bank statements for that period? If so, you might be able to tell your dates of employment based on when wages were paid in.

Thanks essey. I already have a referral so I may as well get it done. Hep b is a requirement for my work so im covered there at least. Cheers

Oops! I thought it would try and contribute! Yes, I am Australian and have been living in the states for 6 years on work visa's. I thought its time to make things more permanent so I entered DV2015 and was selected for further processing. I'm just over the 2000 mark so my chances this time around are slim.

Oops! I thought it would try and contribute! Yes, I am Australian and have been living in the states for 6 years on work visa's. I thought its time to make things more permanent so I entered DV2015 and was selected for further processing. I'm just over the 2000 mark so my chances this time around are slim.

Did you enter DV2016? AS an OC entrant you have an excellent chance of being picked each year. Realistically, (as you are already aware), it would be a big surprise if your number became current - so you need to have a plan B....

Nice! Welcome to the club. Fingers crossed we see your number go current, but as Simon says, I hope you've entered 2016 as well as a backup.

Hi Deb, For me personally the serology would have been a waste of money.
However I agree with Essey, it may depend on who you get as a Dr. As I mentioned mine was happy to to take my word on the Hep A and B. etc. If you look at the my invoice, the cost for the boosters its about what you would pay for a referral and blood work for serology. You will need boosters regardless due age, that is a for sure! I just didnt fancy paying out what I didnt need to, not that it would have been huge.
I think you should do whatever puts your mind at rest and what you think works best for you.

I also unlocked my DS260 and it appeared to have no impact on my 2nl

Hi Deb, For me personally the serology would have been a waste of money.
However I agree with Essey, it may depend on who you get as a Dr. As I mentioned mine was happy to to take my word on the Hep A and B. etc. If you look at the my invoice, the cost for the boosters its about what you would pay for a referral and blood work for serology. You will need boosters regardless due age, that is a for sure! I just didnt fancy paying out what I didnt need to, not that it would have been huge.
I think you should do whatever puts your mind at rest and what you think works best for you.

I also unlocked my DS260 and it appeared to have no impact on my 2nl

Thanks mate