• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

[QUO. ="SuicideBlonde, post: 2359935, member: 362409"]We will most likely be leaving mid or late January if we get a November interview and probably the same if we get December (about a month after interview ) but comes down to availability of flights on frequent flyer points (so close to having enough for one way business class :D)[/QUOTE]
Nice. I should get a free economy flight on points.

Don't think smallpox has been around for decades, except under lock and key. Although the same could've been said for a certain ebola virus a few months ago...
Haha. I had to have it before I went to Bali.....decades ago. I googled and it doesn't cover it.

If my interview is in February and I get through I will be on a plane asap. I have rented out half my house and got rid of a lot of stuff. So I can just go and leave this here to sell later. The rent covers the mortgage. I will sell next year and hopefully buy all new in US
with having a mortgage here and moving over is there any people that know of people that have done this?

is there any issues with having a mortgage here?

with having a mortgage here and moving over is there any people that know of people that have done this?

is there any issues with having a mortgage here?
I cant see why there would be other than if you wanted to borrow over there. It would probably reduce chances for that. I wont try to buy over there until ive sold here.

I have mortgages on property in the UK and EU. No issues for the US mortgage as rental income covers the mortgages.

I have mortgages on property in the UK and EU. No issues for the US mortgage as rental income covers the mortgages.
oh so theres no problem with have a mortgage as long as rental income can cover the mortgage?

and keeping like australian bank accounts open is fine as well?

simon if you were making money from the rental property, i assume you have to pay tax on that everywhere?

oh so theres no problem with have a mortgage as long as rental income can cover the mortgage?

and keeping like australian bank accounts open is fine as well?

simon if you were making money from the rental property, i assume you have to pay tax on that everywhere?

For a mortgage application they take in to account 75% of the rental income and offset that against the liability of the monthly payments.

I have to declare that income in the country where it is earned AND in the US because they have a worldwide view on income (unlike most other countries).

We're going to ship most of our household items to California. Most of our stuff if pretty new and hubby has lots of garage/car stuff, tools, engines etc. Our friends that made the move to the US a few years ago wished they had bought more so we're taking their advise. The cost from WA for a 20ft container is around $9k.
Yes I have also been told by people that it is very hard to replace everything, you have so much more to buy than you imagine and you miss the things that make it your home.
Our quote is from NZ to Toronto, and its $13K. This is borderline for us as if our visa expires and we have to return to NZ, then we'll have to pay twice.
We own a farm here so we might buy a shipping container and just leave everything on the property, and just make do with what we can beg, borrow or steal for the 2 yrs until we know if we've been drawn for a greencard again with a better CN. Or if the Gods play nice and OC goes current * picks self up from floor from laughing so hard at the likelihood of THAT ever happening*

I am planning on moving end of January. I have been gearing up for the move for quite a while, having been originally selected for DV 2014. I have researched and picked out where I want to live down to the suburb!

I will be selling up everything I can. I also have a mortgage which will be paid through rent and supplemented by US income.

i received an email regarding with the DIVERSITY VISA ADJUSTMENT LETTER today from USCIS. I guess i don't need to do anything until i have an interview?!

For anyone needing to bring proof of immunity (if your current gp doesn't have it on record) before your medical just go see your gp and ask them to request a blood test. In NZ we get the tests done at Labtests, just take the form from your gp. Make sure you tell Labtests it's not for travel otherwise they will charge you for it. I just said my gp needed to update my immunity records.

What did the letter say?
Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland

page1image6416

Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

page1image7264

Please note that there are legal restrictions on who may qualify for adjustment of status in the United States, and

page1image8632

that while most adjustment applications are filed with USCIS, aliens in removal proceedings must file their

page1image9840

adjustment applications with the Immigration Court. You must also pay the Diversity Visa (DV) processing fee

page1image11048

before USCIS or the court will act on your adjustment application.

To adjust to legal permanent resident status through the Diversity Visa program, you must file Form I-485 with

your local USCIS Office. However, you must wait until an immigrant visa number is immediately available to

file Form I-485, otherwise your application will be rejected. To see if an immigrant visa number is immediately

available, check the current Department of State Visa Bulletin at

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

page1image17640

You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your

page1image18928

place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status. You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status

page1image20296

from October 1, 2014 until September 30, 2015. DV - 2015 immigrant visa status is only valid through that date.

What did the letter say?
they also attached a payment slip:

[n order 10 complete payment of rhis fee, once the USCIS has accepted. your case, fill out the receipt fonn at the bottom of this p-age.. cut il off and mall1t alo_og with your cashier's check. or U.S. postal money order (made payable to 11)0 -T,J.S. Department of State) for th~ correct amouot depending on the number of people who will cw.just status to the address below, Also, you must include a sta1uped, self-8ddf;~e~ cnv~topc i.n which this receipt. stamped to conftnn your payment, will be returned to you.• Yqu sbould prt'Bentlhis receipt ( 0 USClS at the time o f your adjustment imerview . Failure!,p do so may delay the processing of your casco Please include your case number on the chtck or postal mon.ey

order .Please mail theformbelow.astamped. self.addressed

[n order 10 complete payment of rhis fee, once the USCIS has accepted. your case, fill out the receipt fonn at the bottom of this p-age.. cut il off and mall1t alo_og with your cashier's check. or U.S. postal money order (made payable to 11)0 -T,J.S. Department of State) for th~ correct amouot depending on the number of people who will cw.just status to the address below, Also, you must include a sta1uped, self-8ddf;~e~ cnv~topc i.n which this receipt. stamped to conftnn your payment, will be returned to you.• Yqu sbould prt'Bentlhis receipt ( 0 USClS at the time o f your adjustment imerview . Failure!,p do so may delay the processing of your casco Please include your case number on the chtck or postal mon.ey

Assuming you are doing AOS, once your CN is current per the visa bulletin you need to submit the I-485 etc to the Chicago dropbox as well as pay the DV fee to the St Louis dropbox

You need to get on the 2015 AoS thread. The process is different to CP, and you need to make sure you do it right. You can also file earlier than your number being current - all becomes clear once you read through Moms instructions....

You need to get on the 2015 AoS thread. The process is different to CP, and you need to make sure you do it right. You can also file earlier than your number being current - all becomes clear once you read through Moms instructions....

clicking my heels three times with my sparkly red shoes........... Yo Simon!
Would you mind if I private message you a little later. Would like your thoughts without broadcasting globally.