• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

We are briefly heading back to the USA to check some property and high schools out (interviews), only 4 weeks after activation, so don't have green cards yet - so which immigration line do we Q up in when we land in US this time around?

We are briefly heading back to the USA to check some property and high schools out (interviews), only 4 weeks after activation, so don't have green cards yet - so which immigration line do we Q up in when we land in US this time around?

You do have green cards. Temporary ones in your passports. Residents queue (usually but not always same as citizens, depends on airport/terminal)
Bear in mind hopping in and out frequently will get you scrutinized. I presume the next time you go back after this will be permanent?

Important Announcement! OC2015 Celebratory Craft Beers!

My appointment is at 10AM but after a successful interview I intend on retiring to the Bavarian Bier Café on 24 York Street Sydney to celebrate.

Start time - when the consulate finishes with us. Let's say 11-12 onwards.

@arrypottah @SydSteve @martinskypemartin all indicated interest, so that's all the cool kids. Anyone who works in the Sydney CBD should come and @Santy23 you're interviewing so you should come too.

Example toasts:
  • America!
  • OC 15!
  • 1490! (Everyone's favourite CN Cutoff)
* (There are a couple of other nice bars around but most of them don't open until 12, BBC opens at 11.)
** To avoid public shaming I reserve the right not to attend if I'm unsuccessful.
Good luck @guestgulkan for your interview today.. Wishing you the best of luck, let us know when you leave the embassy I will try to sneak out of the office to congratulate you in person:)

My appointment is at 10AM but after a successful interview I intend on retiring to the Bavarian Bier Café on 24 York Street Sydney to celebrate.

Come on Monkey-Man - don't keep us in suspense ... Give us the good news!!

@arrypottah @SydSteve @martinskypemartin all indicated interest, so that's all the cool kids. Anyone who works in the Sydney CBD should come and @Santy23 you're interviewing so you should come too.

Example toasts:
  • America!
  • OC 15!
  • 1490! (Everyone's favourite CN Cutoff)
* (There are a couple of other nice bars around but most of them don't open until 12, BBC opens at 11.)
** To avoid public shaming I reserve the right not to attend if I'm unsuccessful.
Good luck @guestgulkan for your interview today.. Wishing you the best of luck, let us know when you leave the embassy I will try to sneak out of the office to c
Come on Monkey-Man - don't keep us in suspense ... Give us the good news!!
i am anxious too monkey man:)

His appointment was at 10...with all the waiting time its going to be at least 10:45 till he gets his phone back from security! :)

Raring to hear Monkey man's success story. This is the last one in OC batch for 2015, if I am correct? Please post your experience before going on a boozing spree :)

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Working on my first German beer in celebration!

Thanks so much guys for all your well wishes. Really appreciated!!
OMG congrats, I will come to see you, what are you wearing?? I am wearing a dark blue suit with a purple shirt

OHHHH SAY CAN YOU SEE...!!!

Woo!!! I did a little happy dance in the elevator on the way down from the consulate!

My appointment was at 11:15 and I was out by 11:20! He asked me 'Had I lived anywhere outside Australia?' No. 'Where are you hoping to live?' New York. Done!! Congratulations your passport will be back to you within the week

I'm so happy!!! Thank you so much to everyone that has answered my questions along the way Words can not express my gratitude!!! And congrats to @guestgulkan!!! I'm sorry I can't make it for a beer as I'm going straight to the airport but I'm there in spirit and I hope you have an excellent day celebrating!!

I can't stop smiling!

This is why I love Tuesdays!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19325-1377273215-13.gif

OHHHH SAY CAN YOU SEE...!!!

Woo!!! I did a little happy dance in the elevator on the way down from the consulate!

My appointment was at 11:15 and I was out by 11:20! He asked me 'Had I lived anywhere outside Australia?' No. 'Where are you hoping to live?' New York. Done!! Congratulations your passport will be back to you within the week

I'm so happy!!! Thank you so much to everyone that has answered my questions along the way Words can not express my gratitude!!! And congrats to @guestgulkan!!! I'm sorry I can't make it for a beer as I'm going straight to the airport but I'm there in spirit and I hope you have an excellent day celebrating!!

I can't stop smiling!

Congrats @arrypottah - another OC success. All the best for NYC.