• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

All good.. My wife got a reply from councellor at Suva US embassy stating that "your spouse (me) can take his passport back for travel and bring it back for visa issuance should he be approved".. Now the question is do I just take it in person.. Have it stamped and pick it up or there's a procedure and formality to go through.. This Brisbane trip had to come around this time! Just Great!!! Anyways.. Let me not trouble myself.. God almighty has it all worked out already

Hi Pranish

As I mentioned in the PM to you, you can talk to Fiji Immigration and explain this scenario to them - I believe they can issue you a temporary letter as a replacement for your passport. This will be signed by Director Immigration. Leave negotiation with US Embassy as the last option.[/QUOTEare

All good.. My wife got a reply from councellor at Suva US embassy stating that "your spouse (me) can take his passport back for travel and bring it back for visa issuance should he be approved".. Now the question is do I just take it in person.. Have it stamped and pick it up or there's a procedure and formality to go through.. This Brisbane trip had to come around this time! Just Great!!! Anyways.. Let me not trouble myself.. God almighty has it all worked out already

That's great Pranish. You can check the procedure during the interview.

Keep us updated of the outcome of the interview.

@Pranish, the physical visa itself isn't a stamp. It's a sticker that has security coding on it etc. So it's not a five minute job. You will need to leave it there. But, as @LazyDoggie said, check how they want you to do it during your interview.

OMG what is happening!! So excited, I got my interview date overnight! July 14th 10.45 am, eeeekkkkk. I didn't even know my number had gone current??? I wasn't expecting to find out till Jube for August interview?? Anyway what a great birthday present for me

OMG what is happening!! So excited, I got my interview date overnight! July 14th 10.45 am, eeeekkkkk. I didn't even know my number had gone current??? I wasn't expecting to find out till Jube for August interview?? Anyway what a great birthday present for me

Haha - you missed the last VB????

Apologies in advance guys, I'm sure the answer to this is buried within the thread somewhere.

I understand that I need to check into the US under my temporary immigrant visa at either LA or NYC.

Does this rule out (or make problematic) the possibility of stopping off elsewhere in the US along the way? Air New Zealand are now flying direct to Houston and I wouldn't mind popping into the deep South on the way to New York City!

Apologies in advance guys, I'm sure the answer to this is buried within the thread somewhere.

I understand that I need to check into the US under my temporary immigrant visa at either LA or NYC.

Does this rule out (or make problematic) the possibility of stopping off elsewhere in the US along the way? Air New Zealand are now flying direct to Houston and I wouldn't mind popping into the deep South on the way to New York City!

You're not required to enter the U.S. through any particular city/airport. Your POE can be any where that takes your fancy.