• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I recall that you were planning to have the little one here before you go to the US? Is that still happening?
Emily

We are planning on going over on the 25th March for a holiday And to activate. We will then return to have the baby boy then head back over. Once he's old enough to travel. We are due in July so waiting until he's born to go would put us past our medical dates. And we planned everything here so we are sticking to it as it's much easier than packing up right now and going.

Hi all

My family was successful too.
Pretty easy interview with a friendly CO. Only asked my highest education and why I want to move to the states.
The CO was mainly having a friendly chat about food in the USA.
I was expecting an interrogation and was worried about things that he didn't even mention or ask about.

Thank you to everyone for your help with my earlier questions and concerns which was very stressful but ended up worrying for nothing in the end.

Just a random question, is the primary applicant allowed to activate the GC without the other family members? Can my husband and son activate theirs without me being there at a later date (within the 6 moth deadline)?

Thanks again

Yeah, I'm disappointed with the VB this month. I really thought we would crack the 1100 for sure.

@Hershal, that all makes sense. I imagine it would be more comforting to have bubby here where the medical system is a known quantity. Plus, those first few weeks are tough: it's nice to have family around to help. Congratulations, matey, very happy it all worked out for you.

@cj27, another dark horse! Congratulations!

Hi all

Pretty easy interview with a friendly CO. Only asked my highest education and why I want to move to the states.
I was expecting an interrogation and was worried about things that he didn't even mention or ask about.

Thank you to everyone for your help with my earlier questions and concerns which was very stressful but ended up worrying for nothing in the end.

Just a random question, is the primary applicant allowed to activate the GC without the other family members? Can my husband and son activate theirs without me being there at a later date (within the 6 moth deadline)?

Thanks again
Congratulations! Did they retain the right paperwork for you?

Thank you @Deb7a

Congrats to you too :)

They retained passports and all the other copies of documents I sumbmitted. They should be returned soon.
I have to send the original AFP certificate because it didn't arrive on time (it was in the mailbox when I got back to QLD!)

Hi all

Thanks again

Congratulations and yes, the PA is allowed to go ahead and activate his/her LPR status alone, (or with just one derivative as in your case), while the rest of the family follow at a later date. It's not a problem as long as the rest activate before the visa expires.

Hello all,

Congrats to the approvals of this week, so happy for guys, amazing feeling isn't?
I am so disappointed with the VB for May, now I am no sure if We'll have the chance to have an interview.

I have a question.
Do you think that will be reasonable unlock again de DS260 just for change the residential address? I don't think so but I just wanna be sure.

Thank you guys...

Thanks again

Congratulations.
And yes, other than visa expiry (which may be less than 6 months, so be sure to check) the only restriction is that derivatives cannot enter before the principle - only with or after.

Hello all,

Congrats to the approvals of this week, so happy for guys, amazing feeling isn't?
I am so disappointed with the VB for May, now I am no sure if We'll have the chance to have an interview.

I have a question.
Do you think that will be reasonable unlock again de DS260 just for change the residential address? I don't think so but I just wanna be sure.

Thank you guys...

You won't be current for a couple of months - so yes - you can unlock and change your address without any concern.

Yeah, I'm disappointed with the VB this month. I really thought we would crack the 1100 for sure.

@Hershal, that all makes sense. I imagine it would be more comforting to have bubby here where the medical system is a known quantity. Plus, those first few weeks are tough: it's nice to have family around to help. Congratulations, matey, very happy it all worked out for you.

@cj27, another dark horse! Congratulations!
@EmilyW we where looking into having him in the U.S. at first but being right in the middle of the pregnancy when we had our interview we decided to stick with aus. Plus it's apparently not too hard to activate his green card once he is born. Insurance was another issue too. We didn't really know how the usa health insurance worked at the time and didn't know if we would be covered properly. Here is aus we have private insurance, although there is a about a 3000 out of pocket expense I believe that having him in the USA was going to be a lot higher.

Well, unbelievably we already have our passports back. So I would think if you sort it out the paper work nice and quick Deb you should have it sorted in no time.

Is 2 days after the interview some sort of record?

I got mine on the Thursday after my interview also.
It is the most efficient part of the process. I bet it is starting to feel real now that you have it in your hands :)

Well, unbelievably we already have our passports back. So I would think if you sort it out the paper work nice and quick Deb you should have it sorted in no time.

Is 2 days after the interview some sort of record?
Wow! That's fast! Well, as you can imagine, I scanned and emailed the second I saw the email. I sent one, then realized they hadn't kept the police certificate so I sent another, then I realized they might need the onet thingy, so I scanned that. Then I realized I'd left the subject field blank in all 3 so I sent another at 5am this morning with all the info plus subject field filled and marked urgent...... I've been wondering whether to post as well. Lol. Does anyone think I need to post them as well? I'm the queen of overkill. I have 15 working days for them to get them sorted. If I have to wait that long I will have to change my flight as then it is Easter and I'm supposed to go Easter Sunday.