• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your counsel and wise advise. I'm a worrier by nature: you guys are my sanity check with all of this.

I'm going to try to relax and just go with the flow.

Emily, just to add to what britsimon said: please try relax. At this rate you'll be dead of a stress-induced heart attack before the fiscal year even begins. Are you qualified for DV? Have no criminal record? Have not hidden any dependents from the forms? Relax, the visa is yours.

Beat me to it. A CN of 900 odd is safe as houses and the paperwork is going to be just fine. You're like my lovely wife -- stressed to pale sickness with any uncontrolled variable. But you really won! :)

Now folks in the 14-1600's who are facing down difficult planning decisions could do with a few burnt offerings to Lady Fate :D

Lol, I can imagine your wife and me in a restaurant. We'd take ages to order and then fret whether we had enough money for the bill LOL.

So we submitted the forms and have printed out confirmation pages etc, but I can still access the DS260. Does anyone know if that is normal?

Lol, I can imagine your wife and me in a restaurant. We'd take ages to order and then fret whether we had enough money for the bill LOL.

So we submitted the forms and have printed out confirmation pages etc, but I can still access the DS260. Does anyone know if that is normal?

Yep, that's exactly what would happen. I've experienced half hours of indecision.

If you've submitted, you'll still be able to access the form, but you won't be able to change anything.

Make sure that me and your wife never make a meal together then. On the bright side, everything will be perfect. It will just take ten years to achieve and you'll all die of starvation.

And thanks for the advice re the DS260. I'm now just going to do my best to sit back and not think about this thing for a while

Hi Everyone, I've entered the last few years and finally got through for DV2015. My case number is 2015OC000002xx. I'm hoping for an October interview. The next VB comes out in August right?

Hi Everyone, I've entered the last few years and finally got through for DV2015. My case number is 2015OC000002xx. I'm hoping for an October interview. The next VB comes out in August right?

That's a very low number. Congratulations. Yes, the next VB comes out in mid August and it should have the cut-off numbers for Oct.

Congratulations ECM and welcome to DVOC2015.

Please share your experiences with us high number people so we know what pitfalls to watch out for later in the year.

I've updated our list. Please let me know if I've missed anyone!

Tonis - xx (less than CN15)
Ozimattskey - 6x
ECM - 2xx
Essey - 4xx
SuicideBlonde - 4xx
nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

I, hopefully, am going to be doing my (unlikely) interview in Toronto. Should I just ask to unlock my DS260 forms and change it on this? or should I just contact KCC and notify them ?
Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just found this forum. I had no idea that my case number was 'high'! Feeling a bit disappointed but I guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens.

I'm 163X. Recently married (since selection but before interview, obviously).

Good to hear everyone's stories, I see there are a few others with uncertain numbers!

Hi everyone,

Just found this forum. I had no idea that my case number was 'high'! Feeling a bit disappointed but I guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens.

Good to hear everyone's stories, I see there are a few others with uncertain numbers!

Looks like you're going to have a nervous wait. I hope it goes well for you....

Hi everyone,

Yeah I had the same feeling when I realised how this all works. Both myself and my girlfriend got selected we thought this is amazing, but my number is 21xx and her one is 22xx so now we pretty much run the risk of neither of us ever hearing anything after we submitted our DS260 forms. A lot of people would be more confident if it wasn't for DV2014 turning out the way it did.

As I've said before, at least you guys have the benefit of seeing what happened in DV2014 and can prepare your expectations appropriately. A lot of us selected in 2014 started out with the expectation that it would go current or at least a lot higher in the beginning and it's been a long year of disappointment after disappointment. All I can say to those with iffy numbers is make sure you re-enter for 2016, it is well worth it. Good luck everyone!

As I've said before, at least you guys have the benefit of seeing what happened in DV2014 and can prepare your expectations appropriately. A lot of us selected in 2014 started out with the expectation that it would go current or at least a lot higher in the beginning and it's been a long year of disappointment after disappointment. All I can say to those with iffy numbers is make sure you re-enter for 2016, it is well worth it. Good luck everyone!
If DV2014 had gone current id be dancing in the streets. What I find odd is when I entered DV2014 it said to keep checking it, that there was a possible additional draw in October. They had already selected 140K selectees so not really sure why they telling people to hold on to their confirmation numbers and keep checking. I would be extremely happy if they increase the case numbers 200 per month, but always got a back up plan and that's currently been sent to the Canadian consulate in Sydney. I do really feel sorry for people from DV2014 who didn't really have any idea how it all works and waiting and waiting for interview who then do some research to find that it all amounts to nothing.

Just wanted to ask whether anyone knows if it makes a difference when exactly you apply for the DV lottery in October? For instance, are you better off applying on the first day? Middle of the month? I know it's supposed to be random, but just curious if this has been discussed before.

For those of you who have been selected, when abouts did you apply in the month?