• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Kind of haha! We don't have much to organise being just the two of us and our dog. We just want to get over there ASAP! :)
Well I'm planning to fly out early Feb and it's just me and a cat and I feel like there's so much to get done before I go! It doesn't help I'm in the middle of renovations which I need to get finished before I move so that tenants can move in. Are you putting all your stuff in storage, shipping it or selling it?

For us, it's about lifestyle, music &art scene & weather , and the fact that we have friends in LA already,so it makes the move less daunting. I want to live in NYC at some point too, but maybe not straight away! I think my husband will find work mostly anywhere, not sure about myself!
What industry are you in CBDK?
My partner and I are both in the digital space (I am in marketing whilst partner runs a web design company). Should be pretty easy to get a job...fingers crossed!

Well I'm planning to fly out early Feb and it's just me and a cat and I feel like there's so much to get done before I go! It doesn't help I'm in the middle of renovations which I need to get finished before I move so that tenants can move in. Are you putting all your stuff in storage, shipping it or selling it?
We are selling a lot of our stuff - electronics, furniture, and putting some in storage - books, keepsakes, collectables, etc. Plan to just take over our clothes, computers, some prints/artwork for our house and my vinyl record collection! Hopefully it will all fit in our checked luggage, we may prepurchase some extra baggage!

My partner and I are both in the digital space (I am in marketing whilst partner runs a web design company). Should be pretty easy to get a job...fingers crossed!
My husband is a software engineer so we imagine he will be able to get work pretty easily too! :)

Is anyone else having an issue with their USCIS account, I went to the site to pay the fee for the three of us $495 as we have to do before entering the states and got an email back to say the fee is paid and I could now log in to my account and update any information but when I do my new U.S. address is not showing up which is where I want my green card sent to, then I Recieved another msg to say my green card would be sent to the above address which is not showing up on their site. I'm totally confused now, does anybody know the process once we arrive in the states as to what to do as far as the green card being sent to you etc .....any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

O
We were planning on settling in Utah but changed our mind due to the inversion layer, not so nice areas on one side of Salt Lake City (I know every City has these areas) and the sometimes difficulty fitting in with the Mormons. Even in Corporate environments it could be difficult from what I read. Loved Moab in Utah but there are no Corporate jobs there. 95% decided to move next door to Colorado.
Oh Gemma you are so bang on there. The air quality is disgusting in Salt Lake! To think they make public announcements about not going outside on a particular day due to the pollution AND ban the kids from playing outside when at school when its bad!
Many a time Ive driven down from the mountains and seen that layer. Iccky..... not for me either. Still some nicer places with in the State eh.

Is anyone else having an issue with their USCIS account, I went to the site to pay the fee for the three of us $495 as we have to do before entering the states and got an email back to say the fee is paid and I could now log in to my account and update any information but when I do my new U.S. address is not showing up which is where I want my green card sent to, then I Recieved another msg to say my green card would be sent to the above address which is not showing up on their site. I'm totally confused now, does anybody know the process once we arrive in the states as to what to do as far as the green card being sent to you etc .....any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Don't worry about the address not showing on ELIS. If you are using the same address as you gave on your DS260 don't worry about it at all, if it isn't just update it with the CBP officer when you land. Ours checked that we wanted the same address but if yours doesn't just tell him/her you need it changed.

Reactions: CC1
Don't worry about the address not showing on ELIS. If you are using the same address as you gave on your DS260 don't worry about it at all, if it isn't just update it with the CBP officer when you land. Ours checked that we wanted the same address but if yours doesn't just tell him/her you need it changed.
Thanks, CBP? officer, who would that be I presume something to do with Border Patrol at a guess?

O

Oh Gemma you are so bang on there. The air quality is disgusting in Salt Lake! To think they make public announcements about not going outside on a particular day due to the pollution AND ban the kids from playing outside when at school when its bad!
Many a time Ive driven down from the mountains and seen that layer. Iccky..... not for me either. Still some nicer places with in the State eh.
We are 90% settled on North Carolina around the Charlotte area, mild summers and a bit of snow for skiing about 3 hours North in the mountains, we are planning a 4 week road trip in Jan 15, has anyone been in or around that area and willing to pass on any advice / tips for having a look around, the other place we are looking at is Texas but only because my hubby is a nurse and the medical jobs there seem to be plentiful, after he passes his NCLEX exam of course, I would be interested in hearing anyones viewpoints on that side of the East Coast as far as settling there goes? :)

According to the spreadsheet, @nzangeleyes has her interview today although I recall her trying to change it a while ago. Does anyone know if it she ended up getting it changed or is she at the consulate right now??

For the cricket mad (including @SusieQQQ), Warner faced the first bouncer of today at the Adelaide Oval against India. And Sean Abbott bowled his first bouncer today at the SCG. I was watching Warner on live stream (one of the few times I'm grateful to have an office) and it was like releasing a valve on a pressure cooker.

And now he's smashing 4s everywhere. :)

According to the spreadsheet, @nzangeleyes has her interview today although I recall her trying to change it a while ago. Does anyone know if it she ended up getting it changed or is she at the consulate right now??
Hi Essey,

I haven't been able to attend the interview due to work/travel commitments. With regards to the reschedule, it was only after numerous emails that I finally received a response. The consulate indicated that a reschedule is possible for next year depending on visa quantities and to just sit tight.

With the consulate not giving any other information away, I'm not exactly sure if the reschedule will occur. I'm just hoping it works out as I already have a position lined up in San Francisco..

Not the type to worry too much about it, just grateful for the opportunity.

All the best for your interview Essey.. hope it goes smoothly = )

Hi Essey,

I haven't been able to attend the interview due to work/travel commitments. With regards to the reschedule, it was only after numerous emails that I finally received a response. The consulate indicated that a reschedule is possible for next year depending on visa quantities and to just sit tight.

With the consulate not giving any other information away, I'm not exactly sure if the reschedule will occur. I'm just hoping it works out as I already have a position lined up in San Francisco..

Not the type to worry too much about it, just grateful for the opportunity. = )

Wow - you are a cool customer aren't you!

For the cricket mad (including @SusieQQQ), Warner faced the first bouncer of today at the Adelaide Oval against India. And Sean Abbott bowled his first bouncer today at the SCG. I was watching Warner on live stream (one of the few times I'm grateful to have an office) and it was like releasing a valve on a pressure cooker.

And now he's smashing 4s everywhere. :)

Warner's doing amazing. Shame about poor Clarke.

My Xmas leave started this week and I don't go back to work till after the fourth test. Perfectly timed for 5 weeks of cricket spectating.

O

I thought I'd researched Utah but not well enough. I didn't know the air pollution was that bad. Colorado gets pretty bad too if there are wildfires and the smoke can last all Summer. I had a conversation with the guy at Kathmandu he had lived in Utah and Colorado and wondered why anyone would live near Salt Lake City. Funny how a simple conversation change our course!

We are 90% settled on North Carolina around the Charlotte area, mild summers and a bit of snow for skiing about 3 hours North in the mountains, we are planning a 4 week road trip in Jan 15, has anyone been in or around that area and willing to pass on any advice / tips for having a look around, the other place we are looking at is Texas but only because my hubby is a nurse and the medical jobs there seem to be plentiful, after he passes his NCLEX exam of course, I would be interested in hearing anyones viewpoints on that side of the East Coast as far as settling there goes? :)

I have just started researching every town within commuting distance of Dallas/Fort Worth and Denver (and larger surrounding towns with Corporate/Industry). Here is my research so far...will post the final one when it's completed. I posted some info on Texas a while back in this forum as it's our backup if Colorado doesn't work for us. Cost of living is dirt cheap in Texas.

I just have to work how to attach a file.