• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Do you mean work experience? That is one way to qualify, but qualifying through education is easier to prove...
BRITSIMON:yes please,might you be knowing the mean grade they want from Kenya and when am likely to go for interview my case number is:AF00038***

BRITSIMON:yes please,might you be knowing the mean grade they want from Kenya and when am likely to go for interview my case number is:AF00038***

If you are talking about the high school grades required to meet the education qualification, they are on the website of the US embassy Nairobi.

when exactly does one pick mode of qualifying if its education or work

You don't really pick it as such. For example you could go to the interview with both bases covered. The interviewer will typically as for education experience first, but if you were found to not meet the standard you could then present your work experience case.

Hello there ,I am totally new to the forum. I am from uganda and I am a 2015 dv lottery selectee . as u can imagine I am super excited and I have been a nervous wreck from the time I got to know . my Cn is 2015AF 000036xxx . does anyone have an idea when my interview will be ?
In the month of June-July

Please someone help me to know how to transfer credits from an international University to a USA college/University.

@enoo ...what level are you at? graduate, bachelors, etc. ...I've not transferred credits before but I have had my Ugandan degree evaluated and translated into the US equivalent through http://www.thedegreepeople.com/services/evaluations/ ... I was trying to get into B-school. Those guys translate course by course and assign the corresponding U.S. course grade. The equivalent GPA is also calculated. I believe this might be a good starting point for credits transfer... you can also get in touch with the College enrollment advisers to guide you.

HI Manyash,

you must have passed the Kenyan Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) with a minimum average score of D – (Minus).

My CASE NUMBER is so low 2015AF4XX.When should I expect to receive the second letter to start processing and which date do you think I will be attending an interview?

The last 2 digits of the CN is not what is used for projecting or estimating the interview time, it is the first 2 digits following the last '0' in the numeber series. So are these the first two or the last two digits of your CN?
2015AF000004XX

Okoth am from
@Cokoth yes,this place brings together all dv hopefuls to encourage each other. I am in Coast , Mombasa, Kenya. Feel free to ask anything you need to know minus the interview..which am yet to do....
Kiambu and mine is 2014AF000004XX. Am sure I might be among the first in October pray for me.

The last 2 digits of the CN is not what is used for projecting or estimating the interview time, it is the first 2 digits following the last '0' in the numeber series. So are these the first two or the last two digits of your CN?
2014AF000004XX

Naff, is a passport required while filling out the DS260? I have a couple of 2015 selectees who have not yet filled in their forms, and I know for sure that they don't have passports.[/QUOTE A passport is a must,I had to go to the immigration and apply fro passport to enable the filling of ds 260

Their
Hi Everyone,

Can someone please tell me how long it take KCC to reply a mail to unlock form DS260 for correction?
Thanks in advance![/They have NO specific duration.If you write an email,it will be replied on first come first served and this might even take 3 months.I made a request some time back and am still waiting as per their reply.Be patient they will definitely at some point unlock

Last edited:
Any one with an idea when the case No 2015AF000004XX will be attending interview.(Nairobi)I have studied the VB but not very certain whether it will be In October or November.I have a family of (wife and 3 kids).I decided the family to follow later.Getting a passport was a nightmare and I don't want to be under financial pressure.Any opinion or advice is most welcome.Am also expecting to receive an invitation to proceed with the VISA processing in 2 weeks time if my prediction goes well.Pray for me as I am sure to be among the first lot to test the new system.

Last edited:
For starter let's see some of the terms most often used in DV processing.

1) Visa Bulletin (VB)
Visa Bulletin is a publication regarding immigration to the United States published by the United States Department of State. The primary purpose of this bulletin is to provide an updated waiting list (also known as Priority Date) for immigrants that are subject to the quota system.The content of the bulletin is available on the web address http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html

2) Current

We say current when visa numbers are available for a specific qualified applicant. Visa numbers are available only for applicants whose priority date is earlier than the cut-off date listed in the tables

3) 1st NL and 2nd NL

First NL (1st NL) is the First Notification Letter that you received explaining that you are a winner. While the Second NL (2nd NL) is the Second Notification Letter that the Kentucky Consular Center send to your email describing your date, time and place of interview.

4) C.O

Is the Consular Officer who will conduct your interview in the embassy when you go for the interview.

5) P.O.E

Is the Port of Entry. It is the first entry point where you enter the United States of America after your entry is approved by the US Immigration officers.

Sure ! You will have your interview in october.
And yes your family can follow you later, if you have chosen that option. Just don't let them wait untill late in the fiscal year, because as you know DV 14 and DV 15 are over loaded, so don't geopardize your family chances...
Good luck