• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

DS260 requires you to fill in the passport number.

They can download a sample DS260 form from the same site and go through it before they start the online process. Invite them also to join this forum so that they can get quick help.

Will do. Thanks

Hello Everyone,
I got question about form DS 260. A friend filled and submitted the form then later he realized that the job zone he used to qualify was not correct, now worried since he didn't mention anything to deal with high School certificate because he knew he will qualify on work experience, he thinks KCC might review the form and notice that he is not qualifying on work experience and nowhere mention his high School certificate then don't schedule his interview. Does its make sense to request KCC to bring back the form DS260 so that he can refill or it will look unprofessional?? Thanks in advance.

Hello again. Unlock and do it again.

Hello Everyone,
I got a son with girl friend after applying for DV. Now had I have to write the names of children I got before the result was announced! My son was born in Feb 2014, and am not sure if I will marry his mother. According to instruction, any one applyied for DV visa must travel before September 30th and by this time my son will be still young, can't travel alone with me to the states... Do I still need to write his names or no need since he will not travel before September 30th next year? Thanks for your time.

Hello Everyone,
I got a son with girl friend after applying for DV. Now had I have to write the names of children I got before the result was announced! My son was born in Feb 2014, and am not sure if I will marry his mother. According to instruction, any one applyied for DV visa must travel before September 30th and by this time my son will be still young, can't travel alone with me to the states... Do I still need to write his names or no need since he will not travel before September 30th next year? Thanks for your time.

@Cokoth, I am no expert at this but I think, if you don't want to marry the mother of your kid then only include your kid on the visa application. In case you've already submitted it, just fill out the DS230 for the kid and get their medicals exam too when you perform your own. Take the kid with you for the interview and let the embassy know that there was a status change after you submitted your visa application. Alternatively, send them an email requesting for guidance. Now, I understand that you are concerned that your kid is still very young, you have an option on the visa application to list out the people that will follow you to the US later on. I suggest you use this option so that it is easier for you to get them to the US once they are old enough.... but again, I would get in touch with the embassy to request for guidance.

Hello Everyone,

OK, first of all. The visa holders do not have to travel by September 30th. Depending on medicals, they will have up to 6 months after the visa is issued to enter the USA for the first time. So for instance, let us imagine you have your interview in June, you would have until that date in December to travel.

Next. You should list your son whether you intend to get him a visa or not. It is critical that you tell the whole truth on the paperwork. So - if you have a son, list him. The decision of whether he goes through the visa process or not, and then whether travels with you or not is incidental. However, if you want to get him a visa, be prepared for some questions about your legal custody of the child and the mothers role. If you do not marry her she could not benefit from your selection - so they will be sure to ask about her intentions and rights.

OK, first of all. The visa holders do not have to travel by September 30th. Depending on medicals, they will have up to 6 months after the visa is issued to enter the USA for the first time. So for instance, let us imagine you have your interview in June, you would have until that date in December to travel.

Next. You should list your son whether you intend to get him a visa or not. It is critical that you tell the whole truth on the paperwork. So - if you have a son, list him. The decision of whether he goes through the visa process or not, and then whether travels with you or not is incidental. However, if you want to get him a visa, be prepared for some questions about your legal custody of the child and the mothers role. If you do not marry her she could not benefit from your selection - so they will be sure to ask about her intentions and rights.

I got your message and advice very well but let me put it this way" she is my girl friend, we have a son. I am still checking her if can make good wife, means I can't write her names anywhere on DS260 but later may decide to marry her, will this cause issues since she is the real mother of my son and didn't mention her names in DS260?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I got your message and advice very well but let me put it this way" she is my girl friend, we have a son. I am still checking her if can making good wife which means I can't write her names anywhere on my DS260 and later may decide to marry her, will this cause issues since she is the real mother of my son but didn't mention her names in DS260?
Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what process you are going through to check her if she can make a good wife. You have checked she can reproduce. Can she cook? (Sorry - just being cheeky - things are very different in Europe).

I think I have explained already. If you don't marry her, you can't list her on the 260 - and therefore she can't get a DV visa. Once she has met your standard, and if you decide to marry the lucky girl after you have your visa, things will be a lot more difficult to get her a visa.

Just a word of additional advice. As it is, your interview is going to be a series of surprises of how your life has changed after your DV win. You remembered you graduated high school, you had a son, and if the girlfriend gets really lucky you may even have a wife. I think these surprises will all add up to be an interesting interview, and you may find they take good interest in all these life events...

@Cokoth, I am no expert at this but I think, if you don't want to marry the mother of your kid then only include your kid on the visa application. In case you've already submitted it, just fill out the DS230 for the kid and get their medicals exam too when you perform your own. Take the kid with you for the interview and let the embassy know that there was a status change after you submitted your visa application. Alternatively, send them an email requesting for guidance. Now, I understand that you are concerned that your kid is still very young, you have an option on the visa application to list out the people that will follow you to the US later on. I suggest you use this option so that it is easier for you to get them to the US once they are old enough.... but again, I would get in touch with the embassy to request for guidance.

Well understood..,.thanks :)

I'm not sure what process you are going through to check her if she can make a good wife. You have checked she can reproduce. Can she cook? (Sorry - just being cheeky - things are very different in Europe).

I think I have explained already. If you don't marry her, you can't list her on the 260 - and therefore she can't get a DV visa. Once she has met your standard, and if you decide to marry the lucky girl after you have your visa, things will be a lot more difficult to get her a visa.

Just a word of additional advice. As it is, your interview is going to be a series of surprises of how your life has changed after your DV win. You remembered you graduated high school, you had a son, and if the girlfriend gets really lucky you may even have a wife. I think these surprises will all add up to be an interesting interview, and you may find they take good interest in all these life events...

Oh my God!!! Thanks :D

I'm curious to know how u r "checking if she can make a good wife".
Umeshakagua hizo cargo nini ingine unakagua:confused:

I got your message and advice very well but let me put it this way" she is my girl friend, we have a son. I am still checking her if can making good wife which means I can't write her name

Hello Everyone,

Cokoth, you've lied twice on your DS-260. Once saying you didn't go to high school, and now you didn't list your children.

Where does it say in the instructions you have to travel before September 30th? It doesn't.

You aren't reading the instructions properly. Read them.

The rules aren't an optional thing you can re-negotiate at the interview. If you say something and they find something else they'll hand you a refusal letter. It's a sickening feeling.

And one last thing. Take care of your kids. What better gift for your child than US Citizenship? Your interview isn't until August next year so the baby will be old enough to travel by then and even better, the plane ticket is free.

Cokoth, you've lied twice on your DS-260. Once saying you didn't go to high school, and now you didn't list your children.

Where does it say in the instructions you have to travel before September 30th? It doesn't.

You aren't reading the instructions properly. Read them.

The rules aren't an optional thing you can re-negotiate at the interview. If you say something and they find something else they'll hand you a refusal letter. It's a sickening feeling.

And one last thing. Take care of your kids. What better gift for your child than US Citizenship? Your interview isn't until August next year so the baby will be old enough to travel by then and even better, the plane ticket is free.

@guestgulkan..... Sorry! Didn't lie but I agree with you that I'm not reading instructions very well...little bit busy, please thanks for reminding me to read them...One Love :)

The question of receiving US vaccinations?. I know I have not but will during medical. What do I answer.

If you are approved for visa, Do we have to travel before 30th September? Can we get a visa that goes for 6 months, eg. if I have my interview in May, so May + 6 months or One Year? Thanks.

The validity of the visa also depend on the validity of your medicals. But mostly they give a 6month visa.
No it isn't a must you travel by 30th sept. If your interview is in July next year then you cab travel in Dec if you wish to As long as you medicals haven't expired.

@guestgulkan..... Sorry! Didn't lie but I agree with you that I'm not reading instructions very well...little bit busy, please thanks for reminding me to read them...One Love :)

Stop being busy and read them properly, if you don't want to be one of those people that got denied a visa because they didn't read and follow the rules.

Stop being busy and read them properly, if you don't want to be one of those people that got denied a visa because they didn't read and follow the rules.

@SusieQQQ.....thanks....... I live in another country where life is just about work and sleep.....no even time to do other things.....but thanks this forum has opened my eyes.....its time to be more serious here....and hit this visa :)

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please tell me how long it take KCC to reply a mail to unlock form DS260 for correction?
Thanks in advance!