• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

I will put it on my checklist too.thx

You don't need a sponsor, however it's not a bad idea to get someone in theUS to provide you with an affidavit of support (if you have someone who can do that for you) especially if you're not financially strong enough on your own. Every little bit of preparation helps.

@Kenyan gal....thanks, will wait to see what gonna happen. Can i know how long its take KCC to check and confirm if the ds 260 form was field properly.... just to be sure that filling stage went perfect....:)

@Cokoth it really is and when you get to the finish line, almost....the days drag on but its okay.

I can feel what you mean, I just started recently about this issue but after reading all the comments people did it before posted here....I really came to know that its something you can't bank on until you get the visa :)! Pose, where are you located if you don't mind? does it make sense to hook some advice from you outside this site since you are a old member :)?

I can feel what you mean, I just started recently about this issue but after reading all the comments people did it before posted here....I really came to know that its something you can't bank on until you get the visa :)! Pose, where are you located if you don't mind? does it make sense to hook some advice from you outside this site since you are a old member :)?
@Cokoth yes,this place brings together all dv hopefuls to encourage each other. I am in Coast , Mombasa, Kenya. Feel free to ask anything you need to know minus the interview..which am yet to do....

@Cokoth yes,this place brings together all dv hopefuls to encourage each other. I am in Coast , Mombasa, Kenya. Feel free to ask anything you need to know minus the interview..which am yet to do....

Yes, true its bring people together and i'm very happy to be introduced here by a friend who used it and got a lot of advises, am in Dubai and i also filled form ds 260 with Dubai as my interview point. do you think being a Kenyan better i do interview here or in Nairobi?

Last edited:
Yes, true its bring people together and i'm very happy to be introduced here by a friend who used it and got a lot of advice, am in Dubai and i also filled form ds 260 with Dubai as my interview point. do you think being a Kenyan better i do interview here or in Nairobi? my facebook: chie Alvins
Oh that is good,is your friend a dv 2014 winner or previous years' winner?Oh about where you do your interview I think that just depends on what you prefer. If you work in Dubai and will not be given leave to come to Nairobi to do the interview you just might as well do it there. I do not know that there is any advantage doing it at your home country,but if anyone has any input to this with similar experience they should share here...

Oh that is good,is your friend a dv 2014 winner or previous years' winner?Oh about where you do your interview I think that just depends on what you prefer. If you work in Dubai and will not be given leave to come to Nairobi to do the interview you just might as well do it there. I do not know that there is any advantage doing it at your home country,but if anyone has any input to this with similar experience they should share here...

@pose thanks for the reply...my friend applied last year November.....result came this May 2014.

My sspouse date of birth is different month and year ok, with initial DV 2015 entry check, I have not submitted Ds-260. Pls advice.

If you are approved for visa, Do we have to travel before 30th September? Can we get a visa that goes for 6 months, eg. if I have my interview in May, so May + 6 months or One Year? Thanks.

If you are approved for visa, Do we have to travel before 30th September? Can we get a visa that goes for 6 months, eg. if I have my interview in May, so May + 6 months or One Year? Thanks.

THe visa will last 6 months after it is issued (sometimes less depending on expiring medicals). September 30th of any year doesn't change that.

@Kenyan gal i've not submitted my DS260 as yet....waiting for my passports next week

Naff, is a passport required while filling out the DS260? I have a couple of 2015 selectees who have not yet filled in their forms, and I know for sure that they don't have passports.

Naff, is a passport required while filling out the DS260? I have a couple of 2015 selectees who have not yet filled in their forms, and I know for sure that they don't have passports.

DS260 requires you to fill in the passport number.

They can download a sample DS260 form from the same site and go through it before they start the online process. Invite them also to join this forum so that they can get quick help.

Hello Everyone,
I got question about form DS 260. A friend filled and submitted the form then later he realized that the job zone he used to qualify was not correct, now worried since he didn't mention anything to deal with high School certificate because he knew he will qualify on work experience, he thinks KCC might review the form and notice that he is not qualifying on work experience and nowhere mention his high School certificate then don't schedule his interview. Does its make sense to request KCC to bring back the form DS260 so that he can refill or it will look unprofessional?? Thanks in advance.