• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

We did out biometric at a different office (service center). Should I also contact this office?
On your website you mention 15500 - is this the maximum number made available for EU?

The Biometric should be on you file regardless of where you did it. But the idea is you are going through a checklist with them. At the end of the checklist the obvious question is - when will the interview be scheduled.

The 15500 was my estimate for the visas issued for EU by the end of this month. The annual quota for EU (inlcuding AoS) could be up to 20000 - but the CEAC max (non AoS) might only just break 19000. So - after this month there will be 3500 remaining (roughly). So - you should be aiming to tie this down before September ideally. You have been current for ages - why should you have to wait?

The documents you listed with both names, in addition to historical pictures of course, are good. It's not a bad idea to also take along utilities bills listing both of you, if you have them. Insurance records is also a good one. And yes, translating the Nepalese citizenship certificate is not a bad idea.
Thank you Mom!

The Biometric should be on you file regardless of where you did it. But the idea is you are going through a checklist with them. At the end of the checklist the obvious question is - when will the interview be scheduled.

The 15500 was my estimate for the visas issued for EU by the end of this month. The annual quota for EU (including AoS) could be up to 20000 - but the CEAC max (non AoS) might only just break 19000. So - after this month there will be 3500 remaining (roughly). So - you should be aiming to tie this down before September ideally. You have been current for ages - why should you have to wait?

Thank you Britsimon. I made another InfoPass for later this week.
Could there be a possibility that my FO is waiting on a file, from a USCIS office other than KCC?

The reason I am asking is because when I went to the InfoPass appointment, all the officer could tell me is that they are waiting a 'file' from another office. I tried being Polite & Firm, but I can't seem to get past the point where the officer tells me that everything looks fine and asks me to wait another month. I will present the memorandum this time stating my FO should "Strive to adjudicate each DV adjustment to completion before the end of the relevant fiscal year". However, I fear the officer will just simply kindly turn me away again, since technically, the way they could look at it, they have plenty time until the end of the fiscal year. Visas running out or not.

Having a checklist in hand would be a great idea, so we can go over it with the officer to come to a conclusion on what it really is that is not checked off. Do you maybe have a checklist I could use?

Would it be appropriate to ask for a Supervisor if the offer gives me the polite runaround again? I really don't want to upset the officers, since they are the ones supposed to interview me, but on the other hand these InfoPass appointments are not getting me much Info.. And as far as I know I have had everything completed since March on my end. I received even received my EAD/AP in May, which were part of my i485 package..

Hi, I need some help please.
My, now, husbands dv number was available in February, but due to trouble getting all documents from home country, he only filled his i485 in May, he went for his biometris in June and now we still haven't heard anything. As well, in June, we got married and I recently filled my I 485.
My worry is that do you think that both our i-485, biometrics and interview will done before the 2015 dv cut?
Does both our I 485 have to approved before the 2015 dv cutoff as I am a dependent on his I485?

Hello Mom,
Is there any time-frame where FO will make a request of DV application from KCC? For example, does FO do such request before sending an Interview Letter, or they make such a request after the interview?
Also, when Interview Letter mailed in, will there be update on Case Status saying Interview letter was mailed to the applicant? Thank you.

Thank you Britsimon. I made another InfoPass for later this week.
Could there be a possibility that my FO is waiting on a file, from a USCIS office other than KCC?

The reason I am asking is because when I went to the InfoPass appointment, all the officer could tell me is that they are waiting a 'file' from another office. I tried being Polite & Firm, but I can't seem to get past the point where the officer tells me that everything looks fine and asks me to wait another month. I will present the memorandum this time stating my FO should "Strive to adjudicate each DV adjustment to completion before the end of the relevant fiscal year". However, I fear the officer will just simply kindly turn me away again, since technically, the way they could look at it, they have plenty time until the end of the fiscal year. Visas running out or not.

Having a checklist in hand would be a great idea, so we can go over it with the officer to come to a conclusion on what it really is that is not checked off. Do you maybe have a checklist I could use?

Would it be appropriate to ask for a Supervisor if the offer gives me the polite runaround again? I really don't want to upset the officers, since they are the ones supposed to interview me, but on the other hand these InfoPass appointments are not getting me much Info.. And as far as I know I have had everything completed since March on my end. I received even received my EAD/AP in May, which were part of my i485 package..

I'm convinced it's indeed a USCIS file they're waiting for, just like they told you. Do you have any other petition in the system? This has been known to cause delays in the past as your FO waits for your other file(s) to get sent over so that they can consolidate it into one before a final decision is made. Unfortunately, files from one office to another tends to drag for months. Here's a similar story of someone whose decision was delayed due to the wait for the other USCIS file:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2013-aos-only.308496/page-195#post-2244888

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2013-aos-only.308496/page-203#post-2245045

Another reason for the delay could be they're waiting for your EAD/AP file from the NBC. This has been known to cause delays in the past also. Unfortunately, names of forum members who experienced delays due to the EAD/AP file doesn't quite come to mind now, so I can't link to their stories. It's the reason I also try to discourage people processing DV based AOS to resist the temptation of applying for an EAd or AP card considering the fact that most of the time, it takes about the same number of months to get the EAD or AP card and the GC itself. Unless of course one has a terribly urgent reason to travel out of the US before the petition gets approved, applying for an AP card in particular isn't quite worth it IMHO.

Hi, I need some help please.
My, now, husbands dv number was available in February, but due to trouble getting all documents from home country, he only filled his i485 in May, he went for his biometris in June and now we still haven't heard anything. As well, in June, we got married and I recently filled my I 485.
My worry is that do you think that both our i-485, biometrics and interview will done before the 2015 dv cut?
Does both our I 485 have to approved before the 2015 dv cutoff as I am a dependent on his I485?

You guys may have further complicated your case by virtue of not simply waiting and filing together. Your husband filed as single(?) in May, then you submitted your own package as his wife and derivative in June when his petition hasn't been approved? Have you received the NOA for your own package since the submission? Indeed it is over for any DV based petition that isn't approved by the end of the day on Sept 30th.

Hello Mom,
Is there any time-frame where FO will make a request of DV application from KCC? For example, does FO do such request before sending an Interview Letter, or they make such a request after the interview?
Also, when Interview Letter mailed in, will there be update on Case Status saying Interview letter was mailed to the applicant? Thank you.

There's no time frame for requesting for the KCC file, each FO operates independent of the other. Some make the request prior to the interview and others 'forget' and make the request after the interview. The online case status will not indicate if the IL has been mailed. You will need to go online and register to enable them notify you when there's an update such as the IL being sent.

I have a question, while the current number for two last month for ASIA is 7650, it means any other number will not go ahead for September, I meant is there a probability that for ASIA for September additional opportunity come up? and they add to 7650, my CN is around ASIA 8050

I have a question, while the current number for two last month for ASIA is 7650, it means any other number will not go ahead for September, I meant is there a probability that for ASIA for September additional opportunity come up? and they add to 7650, my CN is around ASIA 8050

I really doubt there will be a VB adjustment. Sorry you didn't get to become current.

do you have any experience according to the previous years, in two sequence month the number doesn't go up and then they release new numbers for the next month?

I'm convinced it's indeed a USCIS file they're waiting for, just like they told you. Do you have any other petition in the system? This has been known to cause delays in the past as your FO waits for your other file(s) to get sent over so that they can consolidate it into one before a final decision is made. Unfortunately, files from one office to another tends to drag for months. Here's a similar story of someone whose decision was delayed due to the wait for the other USCIS file:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2013-aos-only.308496/page-195#post-2244888

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2013-aos-only.308496/page-203#post-2245045

Another reason for the delay could be they're waiting for your EAD/AP file from the NBC. This has been known to cause delays in the past also. Unfortunately, names of forum members who experienced delays due to the EAD/AP file doesn't quite come to mind now, so I can't link to their stories. It's the reason I also try to discourage people processing DV based AOS to resist the temptation of applying for an EAd or AP card considering the fact that most of the time, it takes about the same number of months to get the EAD or AP card and the GC itself. Unless of course one has a terribly urgent reason to travel out of the US before the petition gets approved, applying for an AP card in particular isn't quite worth it IMHO.

I don't have any other petitions. The only others were the EAD/AP that I received in May.
I don't know if it is important, but both my wife and my A-numbers changed since I filed the i485/EAD/AP package. Our A numbers are different from all the times we renewed our E2 visas (they never changed before).
However, the officer told me last time they were waiting not on my A-number, but on my T-number or T-file? But couldn't explain what a T-number may be (i asked)..

Is there absolutely nothing I can do, other than to wait until they may run out of visas? I am starting to get so frustrated.

Last edited:
I don't have any other petitions. The only others were the EAD/AP that I received in May.
I don't know if it is important, but both my wife and my A-numbers changed since I filed the i485/EAD/AP package. Our A numbers are different from all the times we renewed our E2 visas (they never changed before).
However, the officer told me last time they were waiting not on my A-number, but on my T-number or T-file? But couldn't explain what a T-number may be (i asked)..

Is there absolutely nothing I can do, other than to wait until they may run out of visas? I am starting to get so frustrated.
Hi, sorry the process is so hectic. A number changed for me too, its okay no problem in that. T-file may be temporary file?! I wish you the best. Hope all will be great in the end.

Btw, did you call KCC and ask if your field office requested your file?

Hello all,

Congratulations to the ones who have already got their GC and good luck to the rest. Hope you all get good news soon. I am a DV-2016 selectee. The reason I am posting my question here is I was guessing you guys may have encountered with the related post or at least heard about it. Referring to Mom's helpful suggestions, if we will be current for October, we better wait and file the AOS package the first day October, not sooner. That makes sense as it is a whole new fiscal year. However, it has been a couple of days that I was thinking about taking the risk and file my package sooner (if I am up by october), upon the release of the new visa numbers on Aug or Sep. Just was wondering if you guys had any experience or recall a case with problems for early filing. I might help the others who have similar questions to see whether early filing for the beginning of the FY is a good idea or not. According to the time table, we had people waiting till October or filing during September or Aug.

Thanks.

There's no time frame for requesting for the KCC file, each FO operates independent of the other. Some make the request prior to the interview and others 'forget' and make the request after the interview. The online case status will not indicate if the IL has been mailed. You will need to go online and register to enable them notify you when there's an update such as the IL being sent.
Even if you applied the form G-1145, We still need to register online?

Even if you applied the form G-1145, We still need to register online?
G-1145, just notifies you when the lockbox has received your application. To get updated case status, you need to check the case status online in uscis website either by registering or without registering.

Hi Mom,

I was selected for 2015 dv lottery. My case became current this month(July). I did my interview last week. It went well but the officer said that they should still wait for my file from KCC. I found out that the Fo has requested the file one month ago and later has reminded KCC too. So, I called tKCC 3 times this week and every time I got general answers that it is processing and will take several weeks. And they can not give me a certain date. Only one operater told me that it will be send by the end of this week.
I really don't know what else to do! I have an infopass at the end of this week. Is it helpfull? If yes, what should I ask them?
I really appreciate your help. Thanks.