• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I have biometric appointment on sept 5th,would I still be able to get my interview before sept 20th?

Please do not wait until sept 5th..please. You need to go today and do walk-in biometrics. Do not forget to take your I797 for biometrics and a picture ID. Please go today !!

don't you need appointment to get in uscis office? Can they just let you work in?

According to my experience best walk-in time would be either very early in the morning or mid-day like after lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sm1smom,
Thanks for your helpful comments, I hope next Friday will be the last day of concern for us!
IRS Form 1722 is an official IRS letter confirming that a taxpayer did not file taxes for a particular tax year. It is also known as a Verification of Nonfiling. With your W2s and 2012 tax return, you shouldn't be worried about the 1722 form. It's one of the generic documents that some ILs contain.

You both will most likely be interviewed together, regardless of the different times indicated. As long as the AOS is approved on or before Sept 30th, that's all that matters. The GC itself could be issued and mailed after that day. If your IO gives any indication of approving your case on the day of your interview, you could ask for the possibility of him/her stamp your passports with I-551.

Naughty, naughty girl! When we should have been planning your trip back to Indonesia to go visit your family, we're stuck here trying to get things done and hoping your GC gets issued before Sept. 30th.

Anyway, whatever you do between now and Thursday when you go back to see the doctor, please, please, please, don't scratch the TB site as you don't want the induration to be >5mm.

Yes, still include your sponsor's ID in the package you're sending back.

And I'm still very very upset :mad: with you!

Wow mom, I didn't even know you're not supposed to scratch it or put lotion or anything on it!!!!
... because... because..
I didn't do any of that!~ :)
All I can see is a red dot from the needle, no real bump, but then again I'm not a doctor :)

But you know, through this experience I feel soo loved~ :D everyone encouraging me~ hahaha so it doesn't feel that bad :)

but Ay Ay captain! I'll send back the ID. Just any ID (that has picture of him) or his naturalization number shall do right? (he was naturalized)

Mine was in the morning too -8 am. Was very quick. Sorry to hear you got problems with your medical documents. Fingers crossed that you get the documents to them and then the green card! It should all work out for you :)

The interviewer said to me that they are gonna do some more checks on my documents... Waiting now.

Ooh I was there by 8 too~ maybe I saw u but didn't know which one ahaha~

What did the interviewer mean, checking ur documents? As in..they were suspicious so they're checking in depth? Or as in its a regular procedure after interview? :)

Wow mom, I didn't even know you're not supposed to scratch it or put lotion or anything on it!!!!
... because... because..
I didn't do any of that!~ :)
All I can see is a red dot from the needle, no real bump, but then again I'm not a doctor :)

But you know, through this experience I feel soo loved~ :D everyone encouraging me~ hahaha so it doesn't feel that bad :)

but Ay Ay captain! I'll send back the ID. Just any ID (that has picture of him) or his naturalization number shall do right? (he was naturalized)

Yeah, everyone here loves you because you're so easy to loved. And I can't even remain mad at you anymore. ;) see how easy it is to love your personality?

A tiny red dot/bump is a very good sign :)

You know what, I think a copy of both a picture ID and his naturalization card will be superb if he's willing to give them to you. You should consider sending the documents, with the sealed medical result using FedEx next day delivery service on Thursday, after you've seen the doctor.

Yeah, everyone here loves you because you're so easy to loved. And I can't even remain mad at you anymore. ;) see how easy it is to love your personality?

A tiny red dot/bump is a very good sign :)

You know what, I think a copy of both a picture ID and his naturalization card will be superb if he's willing to give them to you. You should consider sending the documents, with the sealed medical result using FedEx next day delivery service on Thursday, after you've seen the doctor.

If there was an emoticon of a heart I would use a gazillion it right now~
I like u too mom! Alot! :D As much as brownies goes well with ice cream~ which it goes very well, so I like u very much! :D

Well my sponsor is an old old guy, constantly busy and tired :( He says he'll give me the files on friday or saturday.
I'll send it first thing on Monday :) Using USPS (thats okay too right?) cause its way closer. Also I'll send it using certified mail, as recommended by Mr Interviewer.

So mom, my interview place is around 40 minutes away from my house with public transportation. Do I really have to use next day delivery? Cause if I chose standard..I mean..its just 40 minutes away...
Haha I think I'm being a cheapo again over here~ yeah I'll do next day delivery..even though its more expensive :(

Do I really have to use next day delivery? Cause if I chose standard..I mean..its just 40 minutes away...
Haha I think I'm being a cheapo again over here~ yeah I'll do next day delivery..even though its more expensive :(
Mel,
if its just 40 miles use regular USPS certified mail. Will be delivered in 2 days max and mos prob next day.
All the best!

Infopass Update

Hello all,
Just wanted to share the infopass experience we had last Monday. We found out that my husband's paper is still not in the district office. The immigration officer said his A file is already requested from VSC and they are waiting for it.
In the meanwhile, my husband sent emails to the VSC hotline ( special email set up for emergency situations) and VSC but no response from both of them. He also left a voice mail with the hotline number, but no response from that either. He also wrote a letter to the VAWA Unit at VSC. He also emailed few officials in VAWA unit. Their email ids are available online to contact regarding U visa questions. None of them replied.
We showed all the copies of the email we sent and all other paperwork. He asked us to wait and he spoke to his supervisor. Than supervisor called up the officer who interviewed us. Than our IO went to meet her supervisor. She said her supervisor is going to contact the Vermont service center through their channels and everything should be solved soon. It's been two weeks already and nothing at all happened. Going for an infopass again this week.
Really stressed. I hope things change for better soon :)

Hello all,
Just wanted to share the infopass experience we had last Monday. We found out that my husband's paper is still not in the district office. The immigration officer said his A file is already requested from VSC and they are waiting for it.
In the meanwhile, my husband sent emails to the VSC hotline ( special email set up for emergency situations) and VSC but no response from both of them. He also left a voice mail with the hotline number, but no response from that either. He also wrote a letter to the VAWA Unit at VSC. He also emailed few officials in VAWA unit. Their email ids are available online to contact regarding U visa questions. None of them replied.
We showed all the copies of the email we sent and all other paperwork. He asked us to wait and he spoke to his supervisor. Than supervisor called up the officer who interviewed us. Than our IO went to meet her supervisor. She said her supervisor is going to contact the Vermont service center through their channels and everything should be solved soon. It's been two weeks already and nothing at all happened. Going for an infopass again this week.
Really stressed. I hope things change for better soon :)

We're both in tough situations, let's do our best till the end! :) You can do it, you got this far!

Mel,

Certified USPS is fine. It's unfortunate your sponsor isn't able to provide you with his ID before Friday or Saturday. If I was in your shoes though, I would send out the medical today (you're supposed to see the Dr today, right?). Then mail the sponsors stuff next week. The major issue holding back the GC decision is the medical, time is running out, remember Monday is Sept 1st, a public holiday which means the post office is not going to be open and you have to wait until Tuesday

United1,

You guys are doing all the right things, I'm your husband's GC is still pending. Don't loose hope, don't be discouraged, it will soon be over. Meanwhile, have you contacted your congress person's office to find out if they can contact VSC or simply put more pressure on USCIS on your behalf?

If I am unable to get the Birth Certificate from the local libyan authorities, I am going to get notarized affidavits from 2-3 people (more than 10 years older to me) stating that I was born in Libya.

Hope that should be sufficient.

Thanks raevsky. I did contact embassy of india in Libya and they said they only help in providing the BC which I already have, that is the BC from the embassy itself. have already made couple of calls to them with the same answer.

Anybody on this forum was in the same situation and got inquiry or got through? Would like to hear it.
Thanks.

2013AF0007XXXX have you ever heard of Interview Waiver ??!!!??!!

Many applicants have successfully done walk-ins, you just have to time it and go at a time the ASC is not busy. Read some previous posts on this thread and check the AOS timelines spreadsheet to see the different places where people have done walk ins.

hey mom " Angel " if you asked me...:)
first of all thanks for all the help, guidance and answers you are providing on this forum. I just left an infopass appointment to follow up on my case since the deadline is approaching and see if i could force an interview. the IO that i talked to said that the one in charge of the DVLottery is aware of the Sept 30th deadline and that my file has been requested and received ( 08/27) from KCC which KCC just confirmed too. The IO also said that the one responsible for my case is working on it and that i might get an approval with no interview so an interview waived. So i was like i never heard of that... has anyone heard of that?? What should i do from now on considering we are running out of time? thanks y'all

2013AF0007xxxx (05/01/2012)
AOS ( F-1 student) Notification (08/31/2012)
AOS package sent 07/29/2013
Current 08/01/2013
ACCEPTANCE LETTERS ( I485 / I765) 08/08/2013
Biometrics notice Letter 08/12/2013
Biometrics done 08/19/2013 walk-in ( Scheduled 09/06/2013)
IL ??/??/2013
Interview ??/??/ 2013
Green Card ??/??/2013

hey mom " Angel " if you asked me...:) blushing, blushing, blushing .............. :eek:
first of all thanks for all the help, guidance and answers you are providing on this forum. I just left an infopass appointment to follow up on my case since the deadline is approaching and see if i could force an interview. the IO that i talked to said that the one in charge of the DVLottery is aware of the Sept 30th deadline and that my file has been requested and received ( 08/27) from KCC which KCC just confirmed too. The IO also said that the one responsible for my case is working on it and that i might get an approval with no interview so an interview waived. So i was like i never heard of that... has anyone heard of that?? What should i do from now on considering we are running out of time? thanks y'all

Interview waiver for DV applicant is not strange, though rare. It depends on the FO. If I'm not mistaken, Detroit is one of those FOs that's been known to approve DV AOS application without an interview, of course it doesn't mean they never interview. In 2011 (I think?) they approved a couple GC applications at the early stage of the FY without interviews, then interestingly towards the end of that same FY, they requested an applicant to come in for an interview. So yeah, a waiver is not strange.

It's a good thing they confirmed they already have your file. You should be expecting to receive an IL pretty soon.

Thanks....infopass Appointment??

Interview waiver for DV applicant is not strange, though rare. It depends on the FO. If I'm not mistaken, Detroit is one of those FOs that's been known to approve DV AOS application without an interview, of course it doesn't mean they never interview. In 2011 (I think?) they approved a couple GC applications at the early stage of the FY without interviews, then interestingly towards the end of that same FY, they requested an applicant to come in for an interview. So yeah, a waiver is not strange.

It's a good thing they confirmed they already have your file. You should be expecting to receive an IL pretty soon.

Thanks...mom,
Ok that's good to know that it does happen. I am in Dallas, Tx By the way. Also I was thinking about booking an infopass appointment today or tomorrow , they usually give it for 2 weeks after booking date just in case I don't hear anything until then....but I was worried that i might not get a real Interview appointment if I am in the system for infopass !!?? It is related at all?

No, not true. Go ahead and book the infopass appointment, it shouldn't interfer with you receiving your interview letter or being scheduled for one.

Just finished the interview today in Milwaukee WI, the status changed to card production 4 hours after the interview.

Would also like to add the when we filled the DV lottery app online last year we didn't put our names in full (we have very long names) this however didn't cause any issues, the officer just told us the names on the cards will be as in the birth certificates (I mentioned this because there were some people who were asking about this)

Thanks everyone here on the forum, you've provided me with such an invaluable help and info, I am sure many many others will say the same.

Mel,

Certified USPS is fine. It's unfortunate your sponsor isn't able to provide you with his ID before Friday or Saturday. If I was in your shoes though, I would send out the medical today (you're supposed to see the Dr today, right?). Then mail the sponsors stuff next week. The major issue holding back the GC decision is the medical, time is running out, remember Monday is Sept 1st, a public holiday which means the post office is not going to be open and you have to wait until Tuesday

Mom, you wise person! I totally forgot about Labor day.
But sending them my medicals and sponsor stuff separately is a very good plan :) I will do that!
Will update you when I do (yes, going to Dr today) as far as I'm concerned, all they need is my I-693 correct? :)
Hopefully this doctor doesnt forget like the other one - _ -