• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi, today when I was revieving my I-485 form I noticed at the top right of the first page is written "Expires 06/30/15", what does this mean? we cannot use this from anymore ?

It's fine, a lot of the other forms that you need to submit (Ex: G325-A) are also expired, but they're the latest and only version available from the USCIS website.

I submitted my AOS package using these forms (and I assume so did everyone else!) and it got accepted without issues. As long as you use the latest version from the USCIS website you shouldn't have any problems because of this.

Last edited:
Anybody got their application approved lately?
When I checked the timeline excel sheet, I couldn't see anyone who received their welcome letter or GC in the last 2 months or so...
Thanks

Hi Mom,

We are so lucky to have an informed person like you.

I have some questions regarding preparing the package:
1- In the G-325a form we're supposed to Print our name and Alien Number in the bottom of the first page. Should I type my name and print it? or I must use a pen to write my name?
2- Can we post the Package through FedEx?
3- How should we organized the package? Is there any specific instruction to do that?

Thank you Sm1smom and eveyone on the forum. My interview went very well. I am waiting on the greencard to be mailed. I had my interview in July 2nd. My case status in USCIS site still says "Fingerprints Fee Received". Does any one know how long does it usually takes for Greencard to be mailed? Whether if USCIS site has been having problems updating the status? Also, interview is the last process of deciding whether if you are receiving a greencard or not, right? I am concerned because i have been planning on visiting my family very soon and won't be able to do that unless i have greencard in my hands. Thank you everyone again. You guys have always been very helpful.

There's no known rule as to how long it takes for a case to get approved and the GC to get issued. Yes, the interview technically speaking, is the last step.

However at the end of the interview, some IOs may need to do further review of a case or pass it on to a supervisor before a final decision can be made. They may also notice s document is missing from the package which can lead to their issuing a RFE to the petitioner, this is rare for DV based AOS petitions but it can happen.

Hi, today when I was revieving my I-485 form I noticed at the top right of the first page is written "Expires 06/30/15", what does this mean? we cannot use this from anymore ?

The expired forms are still acceptable. It's the most recent available one for now.

Hi Mom,

We are so lucky to have an informed person like you.

I have some questions regarding preparing the package:
1- In the G-325a form we're supposed to Print our name and Alien Number in the bottom of the first page. Should I type my name and print it? or I must use a pen to write my name?
2- Can we post the Package through FedEx?
3- How should we organized the package? Is there any specific instruction to do that?

1. Instruction says PRINT, so you need to write out your name with a pen, that's like signing the form.

2. Yes. Just be sure to use the correct mailing address.

3. No instructions on how to organize it. Just be sure to not use staple pins on the forms or documents. You can use the order in which the documents are listed on the spreadsheet as a starting point if it helps.

Thank you Sm1smom and eveyone on the forum. My interview went very well. I am waiting on the greencard to be mailed. I had my interview in July 2nd. My case status in USCIS site still says "Fingerprints Fee Received". Does any one know how long does it usually takes for Greencard to be mailed? Whether if USCIS site has been having problems updating the status? Also, interview is the last process of deciding whether if you are receiving a greencard or not, right? I am concerned because i have been planning on visiting my family very soon and won't be able to do that unless i have greencard in my hands. Thank you everyone again. You guys have always been very helpful.

Did you bother to read the response to your post the first time you posted your questions or you didn't think the response addressed your raised issues hence the need to copy verbatim and repost?

Hi Mom. I have two more questions.

1-How should we prepare the money order?

2-The immigration Doctor write my name with a wrong spelling on the pocket (It is correct in the form I-693). Do you think that it would be a problem?

Thank you in advance.

2-The immigration Doctor write my name with a wrong spelling on the pocket (It is correct in the form I-693). Do you think that it would be a problem?

Thank you in advance.
Hey,
you can use personal check if you have, easy to track. money order can be made in usps or other place.
2) what do you mean by pocket? in my case, in the envelop my name was not written( for USCIS only do not open was written). now i think writng name in the envelop would have been a good idea.

Thank you in advance.

Use the following guidelines when you prepare your check or money order for the Form I-485 filing and biometrics services fee:

1. The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency; and

2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

NOTE: Spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security; do not use the initials "USDHS" or "DHS."

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf
2. I suppose by "pocket" you mean the envelope, right? That shouldn't be a problem.

We just got out of our interview with my wife and I think our experience will be very useful for others. It didn't go as easy as other people's and if you are married, you should read this:

Our interview times were at 8:00 and 8:30am for me and my wife respectively. We checked in and the officer found us in the waiting room after about 15 minutes of waiting (she recognized us because of the pictures in our files). We walked to her room and she opened up our binders. She was a very nice lady. She checked our passports (old and new; old one having all the visas). She asked our names, DOB, birth place, parents' names. She checked our birth certificates, both Turkish version and the translation. She checked our marriage certificate. She went through the files in our binders and asked us our last date of entries. She went through that standard list of questions like 'were you in a military, have you committed a crime, etc'. We said no to all of them. Then she asked if we have any other document proving our marriage. We didn't have anything other than IRS transcripts and bank statements (which she already had). She said she will send a request for evidence in mail. I said I have apartment lease and car insurance information but in electronic format. I asked if I can email them to her and she said sure. I emailed both documents and she printed them for us and put them in our binders. She said everything looks fine and with the additional documents our case should be approved. She said our case will be reviewed and if it requires any further documents, we will receive request for evidence but she didn't think it will be the case and we will have our cards within a few weeks. Interview took total 30 minutes or so.

Long story short: if you are applying with your spouse, bring additional documents like lease, insurance cards, bank statements, etc. to the interview. We didn't know and our case would be delayed if the officer didn't let us email them to her.

Hopefully this will be useful for other applicants.

Good luck!
Engin
Proof of mariage is a pretty standard question. We had it as well but had read about it here so we took photo albums of our first vacation together to the interview as well as other family pictures. Old Pictures proving a history together is usually enough. But best to take all the proof you have at hand. Glad it worked out for you guys

Hi Sm1smom,
I did not submit I-134 with my AOS package, but I will take it with me to the interview. I have a good job with good income, but specially since I am F1 and I have not received my opt extension EAD yet. Couple of ques related to that, i must have missed in the thread. Is it okay if I get i-134 from my friend who is H1b visa holder? ( Isee that in the form that nonimmigrant can fill but just checking how good it is). And last year's W2 and and a recent paystub is enough? Does it have to be sealed?
Thanks a ton :)

Hi Sm1smom,
I did not submit I-134 with my AOS package, but I will take it with me to the interview. I have a good job with good income, but specially since I am F1 and I have not received my opt extension EAD yet. Couple of ques related to that, i must have missed in the thread. Is it okay if I get i-134 from my friend who is H1b visa holder? ( Isee that in the form that nonimmigrant can fill but just checking how good it is). And last year's W2 and and a recent paystub is enough? Does it have to be sealed?
Thanks a ton :)

- Yes H1B visa holder can fill it out.
- Last year's W2 and possibly 3 recent pay stubs.
- No.

hi, the the rank cut-offs which will apply in september is now available, for ASIA the number did not change, and still is 7650. my case number is around 8050, and I am from IRAN, therefore it means that I completely 100% lost my chance to get the green card????????????

hi, the the rank cut-offs which will apply in september is now available, for ASIA the number did not change, and still is 7650. my case number is around 8050, and I am from IRAN, therefore it means that I completely 100% lost my chance to get the green card????????????
Yes, unfortunately so.