• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

yes i'm already in the US and my CN is 2015AF71XXX, i'm doing AOS. i read through it sometimes, so should i start putting my paperwork ready? does KCC will notify me only when my case is current? what's about affidavit of support, i am an f1 student and my sponsor lives in France should fill the form from there and send it to me? or can a friends/cousin serve as a sponsor?

yes i'm already in the US and my CN is 2015AF71XXX, i'm doing AOS. i read through it sometimes, so should i start putting my paperwork ready? does KCC will notify me only when my case is current? what's about affidavit of support, i am an f1 student and my sponsor lives in France should fill the form from there and send it to me? or can a friends/cousin serve as a sponsor?

You need to more than 'read through it sometimes' - you need to spend more time going through it to get a good understanding of the process.

Regarding the affidavit of support, this can only be filled by a U.S. resident.

ok thank you so much, i will spend more time reading through AOS. so, i need to find a US resident as sponsor? will KCC notify me about my DS 260 form before my number becomes current?

oh yes thanks, i am reading right now. Also, i am worried because I'm a f1 student and two years ago i worked for a year off campus and did not mention it when i was filling DS 260. can that be a problem?

oh yes thanks, i am reading right now. Also, i am worried because I'm a f1 student and two years ago i worked for a year off campus and did not mention it when i was filling DS 260. can that be a problem?

Yes! It could be a big problem. Undertaking unauthorized work takes you out of status which makes you ineligible for AOS. You should speak with a knowledgeable immigration attorney before proceeding any further or consider processing CP which might not be a bad idea since your CN is high anyway.

thank you so much. the problem is that i will graduate next may and will apply for opt. so, i am scared to go home for CP and not be able to re-enter in the US since my I-20 will not be valid anymore?

thank you so much. i can do CP but the problem is that i will graduate next May and i will be under opt. so, i am scared to go home for CP and not be able to come back if for some reason the process does not work. Now i'm stressed, thanks for letting me know.

I was able to walk in and do my biometrics today, my appointment wasn't until the 11th but I'll be out of the country so that was convenient.

Last edited:
Hello,
I think we did a big mistake when my wife (the primary applicant) filed the DS-260. We got married abroad on February then she moved to the US on April 10th on a E-2 visa as a derivative(as the spouse of a E-2 visa holder) and she submitted the DS-260 on May 25th more than 30 days after her entry on the US but still less than 60 days. I'm not sure it matters but her visa has been delivered on march 24th.
She therefore moved to the US before she knew she was selected for the DV 2015 so it means that at that time she could not have had any intent to adjust of status through DV. However after reading more carefully the forum I wonder if the 30-60 rule applies and could impact or AOS process. What do you think ?
Her DS-260 is currently unlocked because she needed to update a few things but I don't think that when she resubmits it will erase the previous submission date, right ?
thank you once again for your help!

thank you so much. i can do CP but the problem is that i will graduate next May and i will be under opt. so, i am scared to go home for CP and not be able to come back if for some reason the process does not work. Now i'm stressed, thanks for letting me know.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hello,
I think we did a big mistake when my wife (the primary applicant) filed the DS-260. We got married abroad on February then she moved to the US on April 10th on a E-2 visa as a derivative(as the spouse of a E-2 visa holder) and she submitted the DS-260 on May 25th more than 30 days after her entry on the US but still less than 60 days. I'm not sure it matters but her visa has been delivered on march 24th.
She therefore moved to the US before she knew she was selected for the DV 2015 so it means that at that time she could not have had any intent to adjust of status through DV. However after reading more carefully the forum I wonder if the 30-60 rule applies and could impact or AOS process. What do you think ?
Her DS-260 is currently unlocked because she needed to update a few things but I don't think that when she resubmits it will erase the previous submission date, right ?
thank you once again for your help!

You've got nothing to worry about. Your wife cannot be accused of having preconceived immigrant intent when she entered the U.S. on NIV because the DV result hadn't been released by then, so the 30-60-90 day rule is not applicable.

Hi Mom,

Me and my wife applied for I-485 in same file. She is the primary applicant and her field office is in Farifax, VA. When we applied we have mentioned in the form that we want our field office to be fairfax, VA. My current address is in Idaho. I have given my bio also in Idaho. Today i have got interview letter for Jan stating that i should bring my wife also in Idaho Field office for my interview. "Please bring your petitioner to you interview" is stated in "Bring with you" section. I am little confused over here, I was expecting our interview would be together and in her field office. She has not got any letter yet. Any suggestions?

Thank you
XenonWriter

Hi Mom,

Me and my wife applied for I-485 in same file. She is the primary applicant and her field office is in Farifax, VA. When we applied we have mentioned in the form that we want our field office to be fairfax, VA. My current address is in Idaho. I have given my bio also in Idaho. Today i have got interview letter for Jan stating that i should bring my wife also in Idaho Field office for my interview. "Please bring your petitioner to you interview" is stated in "Bring with you" section. I am little confused over here, I was expecting our interview would be together and in her field office. She has not got any letter yet. Any suggestions?

Thank you
XenonWriter

Okay wait a minute, you have a primary address different from your wife's? You both can't have 2 different primary addresses listed and expect USCIS not to raise an eyebrow about your relationship at the time of your interview. How long have you guys been married? AFAIK, there's no section on the I-485 for an applicant to indicate their preferred FO, the FO is assigned based on whatever address is shown on the I-485. I hope for your sake you guys haven't complicated your AOS application because it sounds like your wife's package got sent to Fairfax while yours was forwarded to Idaho. You should have been concerned when you both did bio in different places.

The only thing you can do now will be to attend your interview with your wife as requested, but I'm guessing after meeting with both of you, the IO will not approve your case (you as a beneficiary cannot be approved without the PA bring approved), your file will probably get sent to Idaho to be combined with your wife's.

Okay wait a minute, you have a primary address different from your wife's? You both can't have 2 different primary addresses listed and expect USCIS not to raise an eyebrow about your relationship at the time of your interview. How long have you guys been married? AFAIK, there's no section on the I-485 for an applicant to indicate their preferred FO, the FO is assigned based on whatever address is shown on the I-485. I hope for your sake you guys haven't complicated your AOS application because it sounds like your wife's package got sent to Fairfax while yours was forwarded to Idaho. You should have been concerned when you both did bio in different places.

The only thing you can do now will be to attend your interview with your wife as requested, but I'm guessing after meeting with both of you, the IO will not approve your case (you as a beneficiary cannot be approved without the PA bring approved), your file will probably get sent to Idaho to be combined with your wife's.
We have been married for 2 and half years. In d-260 and i-485 it was stated that each should put their current address. Since she was going to school in VA and i am working in ID, when we filed we simply followed the instruction and put current addresses. What should be my next step then? Also I think in D-260 we have both put Fairfax, VA as field office but not sure.

Last edited:
We have been married for 2 and half years. In d-260 and i-485 it was stated that each should put their current address. Since she was going to school in VA and i am working in ID, when we filed we simply followed the instruction and put current addresses. What should be my next step then?

You guys should have asked before sending in your package. It really doesn't matter that she's in one State and you're in another, a couple filing AOS together is assumed to have one primary address that they share, which means the address the other person has is a temporary one. The second/temporary address for he other person could have been listed under the other address section.

Anyway, like I said the only thing you can do is to show up for your interview with your wife, explain how come you both have different primary address listed. Like I said before, the IO will most likely forward your case file to Idaho. AFAIK, there's nothing else you can do, calling USCIS is not going to resolve the issue, your wife will need to come down to Idaho and attend your scheduled interview with you.

You guys should have asked before sending in your package. It really doesn't matter that she's in one State and you're in another, a couple filing AOS together is assumed to have one primary address that they share, which means the address the other person has is a temporary one. The second/temporary address for he other person could have been listed under the other address section.

Anyway, like I said the only thing you can do is to show up for your interview with your wife, explain how come you both have different primary address listed. Like I said before, the IO will most likely forward your case file to Idaho. AFAIK, there's nothing else you can do, calling USCIS is not going to resolve the issue, your wife will need to come down to Idaho and attend your scheduled interview with you.

Would they forward my case file it to Idaho or Fairfax, VA? .. i am little confused.

Are the interview letters sent by email or regular mail? I will be visiting another state during the Christmas period and would not want to miss receiving the letter if by chance it's sent to me during that time.

Are the interview letters sent by email or regular mail? I will be visiting another state during the Christmas period and would not want to miss receiving the letter if by chance it's sent to me during that time.

IL is sent via USPS.