• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Has there been any new update with regards to your case?
Nothing yet, and I can't compare with anybody time frame after the interview, so there is no other thing to do than wait, I will wait the six week that the officer said was the longest wait to receive something, if I don't get anything I will get an infopass app.

Nothing yet, and I can't compare with anybody time frame after the interview, so there is no other thing to do than wait, I will wait the six week that the officer said was the longest wait to receive something, if I don't get anything I will get an infopass app.

You should book an infopass now for when you think you may have to go back to your FO since infopass appointments are often difficult to sometimes get for when needed.

I was wondering though, did your IO give any indication if your case file had been received at the time of your interview or where they still expecting it from KCC?

He didn't mention any of that, he just told me I have to check if the visa is available. I already booked it for December 15th.

He didn't mention any of that, he just told me I have to check if the visa is available. I already booked it for December 15th.

Okay. I'm just trying to confirm if the delay has anything to do with KCC sending over your case file. How I wish you had asked. But no problem, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Hi All

Really looking for advice. I submitted by AOS package to the locked bag in September. My number for DV2015 is within the first group of numbers current for DV 2015 in the September Bulletin. I I received confirmation it had been accepted by USCIS on October 9. However today I received a denial of my I485 based upon the fact it was for DV2015 and submitted before October 1st. My Denial was due to not being a DV2014 applicant. Is this correct, has anyone else who sent their paperwork before October 1 had this same problem? What should I do now, do I resubmit?, do I file an I-290B and re-open the case? I hate the thought of having to pay the fees again. Was this an error on the part of USCIS?

Hi All

Really looking for advice. I submitted by AOS package to the locked bag in September. My number for DV2015 is within the first group of numbers current for DV 2015 in the September Bulletin. I I received confirmation it had been accepted by USCIS on October 9. However today I received a denial of my I485 based upon the fact it was for DV2015 and submitted before October 1st. My Denial was due to not being a DV2014 applicant. Is this correct, has anyone else who sent their paperwork before October 1 had this same problem? What should I do now, do I resubmit?, do I file an I-290B and re-open the case? I hate the thought of having to pay the fees again. Was this an error on the part of USCIS?

Yes they have screwed up - and you should not have to pay.

Yes this has happened before when some numpties in Newark Field Office took it upon themselves to deny a case that had been filed in a timely manner (and accepted like yours by the Chicago Lock Box.

That case was discussed here:-
http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/page-38#post-2364498

Read several pages from there - that case ended with a good resolution.

It sounds like your FO (USCIS but not the lockbox team) pulled the same moronic stunt and you will have to contact the FO to sort it out. Here is the link to the policy that specifically described a case such as yours.
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf

Hi all,

What is the average time to receive EAD card after Biometrics day? It has been 22 days and i have not received anything yet.

Thank you
Xenon

Hi Britsimon

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get an infopass appointment this morning at the field office. I spent over an hour there with the officer and then the supervisor showing them the policy where it explicitly spells out advance notice in plain English but with no luck, they were adamant the policy of that field office is that it cannot be filed before the beginning of the DV2015 year (October 1). In the end they agreed to submit it to another supervisor for review so I guess I wait and hear what happens there. I called the USCIS call center and they seem to be unable to help they simply said they could notify the field office of my concern but could do nothing further themselves. Anyone going through the New York field office who submitted before Oct 1 be prepared for a rocky ride, has anyone had any success with that particular field office?

Do I have any other avenues to reach out to regarding this error at this point in time?

Hi Britsimon

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get an infopass appointment this morning at the field office. I spent over an hour there with the officer and then the supervisor showing them the policy where it explicitly spells out advance notice in plain English but with no luck, they were adamant the policy of that field office is that it cannot be filed before the beginning of the DV2015 year (October 1). In the end they agreed to submit it to another supervisor for review so I guess I wait and hear what happens there. I called the USCIS call center and they seem to be unable to help they simply said they could notify the field office of my concern but could do nothing further themselves. Anyone going through the New York field office who submitted before Oct 1 be prepared for a rocky ride, has anyone had any success with that particular field office?

Do I have any other avenues to reach out to regarding this error at this point in time?

No other avenues needed. They are wrong. If a supervisor engages their brain, it will get fixed. The FO doesn't get to have their own policy, if you read the memo the policy is binding on all USCIS staff. So, give it a few days, and make another info pass and insist on speaking to the supervisor directly. You should not pay for their mistake.

If you prefer you can write a letter spelling it out very clearly.

thanks mom hopefully everything goes fine
I called KCC, when I asked the lady if my file was requested, she said their IT people were still trying to figure out a way to transfer the files to USCIS. No files had been sent yet. She said January would be a reasonable time to follow up.
I asked her about the total number of visas that can be allocated and if the visa numbers can get exhausted through consular processing before the AOS people. She said that our visa numbers were reserved by USCIS so technically we are already in the 50,000 visas. So we are "only" pressed for time. Hope they can figure it out soon. I guess this is the only hold up for you, I don't think the FO or an infopass can help, but you have nothing to lose. Hopefully they will tell you the same story.

I called KCC, when I asked the lady if my file was requested, she said their IT people were still trying to figure out a way to transfer the files to USCIS. No files had been sent yet. She said January would be a reasonable time to follow up.
I asked her about the total number of visas that can be allocated and if the visa numbers can get exhausted through consular processing before the AOS people. She said that our visa numbers were reserved by USCIS so technically we are already in the 50,000 visas. So we are "only" pressed for time. Hope they can figure it out soon. I guess this is the only hold up for you, I don't think the FO or an infopass can help, but you have nothing to lose. Hopefully they will tell you the same story.

I'm sorry but that's a load of BS you were told by the 'KCC lady'. USCIS does not and has not been known to reserve visas for AOS applicants. USCIS makes visa requests only at the stage where an application is to be approved.

KCC phone reps are clueless when it comes to AOS cases, so I will caution people to take anything they say with a pinch of salt. If you're processing AOS and you call KCC to ask about an email confirmation following the submission of your DS form, KCC phone reps will tell you they don't email AOS candidates which we all know is not true. Also the email they send says to submit I-485 to your local USCIS office, well we know that is not the correct process. Just pointing out these instances as evidence that you can't always go by what the phone ladies say when you call KCC.

I'm sorry but that's a load of BS you were told by the 'KCC lady'. USCIS does not and has not been known to reserve visas for AOS applicants. USCIS makes visa requests only at the stage where an application is to be approved.

KCC phone reps are clueless when it comes to AOS cases, so I will caution people to take anything they say with a pinch of salt. If you're processing AOS and you call KCC to ask about an email confirmation following the submission of your DS form, KCC phone reps will tell you they don't email AOS candidates which we all know is not true. Also the email they send says to submit I-485 to your local USCIS office, well we know that is not the correct process. Just pointing out these instances as evidence that you can't always go by what the phone ladies say when you call KCC.

Yeah, they are lovely ladies, but sometimes it is like beating your head against a brick wall.

It's still early days but in light of the delays and the uncertainty as to when the "problem" with the transfer of files is likely to be resolved, is switching from AOS to CP an option? And what is the process for doing so?

It's still early days but in light of the delays and the uncertainty as to when the "problem" with the transfer of files is likely to be resolved, is switching from AOS to CP an option? And what is the process for doing so?
I should have mentioned that I submitted my I-485 package, it was accepted, and I have done the biometrics, so I'm just waiting for the interview letter.

Hi, I had a info pass today, after talking to the officer, I have been told that they just got my file from KCC yesterday, right after the thanksgiving. But, he told me that for the interview I need to wait because their schedule is packed, and it will be probably on January. FYI, I have been fingerprinted on Oct 10th.o_Oo_O

I should have mentioned that I submitted my I-485 package, it was accepted, and I have done the biometrics, so I'm just waiting for the interview letter.

I've never heard of anyone who came this far and then switched from AOS to CP. I feel you're at a point of no return, I don't think you can make the switch now. And even if a switch is possible, I'm certain anyone who has come this far will most certainly finish ahead of someone who is able to switch at this stage considering the fact that it's taking KCC about 3 months on average to process the DS form and schedule those with current CNs for interview.

And I feel the feedback regarding not knowing how to transfer case files to USCIS that the KCC phone reps have been giving is not accurate. I doubt that's an issue that they're still trying to resolve.

Hi, I had a info pass today, after talking to the officer, I have been told that they just got my file from KCC yesterday, right after the thanksgiving. But, he told me that for the interview I need to wait because their schedule is packed, and it will be probably on January. FYI, I have been fingerprinted on Oct 10th.o_Oo_O

Ha ha! And there's the confirmation that the so called file transfer "problem" which might take up to January to get resolved isn't quite true.

Hello all, I'm hoping if Mom or anyone can give some thought on this... im under F1 right now and I'd my biometrics taken for DV2015 on third week of october but havent heard anything about my interview schedule yet....im thinking of an infopass appointment soon...however will it hamper my chances, if i request a parole to go outside US for two months for a training (well the training starts in feb and i was hoping everything would be sorted out by then, but i may have to look for options now to process visa)...any thoughts

Hi, just for information can you tell us when you submitted your DS-260?