• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi guys..i have a question..
I got selecteed and my case number was 2015AF00080XXX then
i submitted my ds260 form on 19th May and on 20th may i got my verification..
case number was 2015AF80XXX...
1) the numbers are the same.. at the end..what i didnt understand is 80xxx is realy a huge number
2) what chances do i stand because i havent heard anything from kcc since then
please help..cause i am panicking i have all necessary documents with me..just waiting for the interview

Hi guys..i have a question..
I got selecteed and my case number was 2015AF00080XXX then
i submitted my ds260 form on 19th May and on 20th may i got my verification..
case number was 2015AF80XXX...
1) the numbers are the same.. at the end..what i didnt understand is 80xxx is realy a huge number
2) what chances do i stand because i havent heard anything from kcc since then
please help..cause i am panicking i have all necessary documents with me..just waiting for the interview

Stop duplicating the same post all over the threads. Post once on the relevant thread and wait for a response. Simon already answered the first post you put up, why are you posting the same thing on other threads???

Hi Guys,

I love the forum and it was a great help in preparing the AOS package.

I know it's very early but I thought I better ask. My AOS package was received at the lockbox on the 09/19. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from them at all. How long should I wait before contacting them.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I love the forum and it was a great help in preparing the AOS package.

I know it's very early but I thought I better ask. My AOS package was received at the lockbox on the 09/19. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from them at all. How long should I wait before contacting them.

Thanks.

It isn't unusually late yet - and won't be for about 1 week to 10 days....

As far as I know, Kansas City FO moved to a new building about a month ago and hired a bunch of incompetent front line clerks. Those clerks wanted me to apply for EAD extension after I did AOS (I freaked out) but a REAL immigration officer came out and told I didnt need EAD anymore and she kept it.
Mom, simon
Me and one american lady, we took a couple to the usicis offices in kansas city, this morning to find out about their process, because there was a big mess with their case:
When they entrered they had 12 days left on their visa, and the medicals were expired !
So the IO told them to go back and re do the medicals ! So their host managed to convice them that they will do it again here, they kept their passports and let them go...
Medicals done again, they went they collected the passports, but than they didn't pay the USCIS fees, and some Immigration officier ''apparently'' told them they don't need to !
Any they got their passports back, and I inform them that the fees are compulsary...but they still wanted to confirm that by an official...
We went today there, I didn't go because they were asking for ID so i satyed out side, when they came out they had a thick AOS file i485 ...
So they were told that they have to re adjust their status...so i clicked and i asked to go inside and see the officier they agreed to let me in withoud an iD, took me about half an hour to explain to the guy at the disk, what is CP and also for him to understand that this couple had already done all the process... I just couldnt believe that the guy was completly out ! He hardly had knwlogde about the lottery :(
So at last he agreed with me that all what left is just the fees to pay....
My point is how can they allow people to serve while they are not knowlageable about the dv process.... Because they were told to do biometric and all the AOS process.....?!

As far as I know, Kansas City FO moved to a new building about a month ago and hired a bunch of incompetent front line clerks. Those clerks wanted me to apply for EAD extension after I did AOS (I freaked out) but a REAL immigration officer came out and told I didnt need EAD anymore and she kept it.
You are Right!
They moved like half a mile, on the left side of the high way...
Truly speaking the guy with the glasses didn't have a clue about the DV process !!!

Guys, thank you for your help. I am not sure what I would do if not for the Sm1smom's spreadsheet. I spend a few hours reading it today and preparing my documents. While doing that I realized that I have a few more questions which are not basic :)

1) I am currently on OPT (my OPT expires in February 2015) and I need to apply for extension. I know that I can apply for OPT extension by submitting I-765 with the AOS package and therefore avoid the 300$ fee for OPT extension. Can I apply seperatly for OPT extension, or does it have to be together with AOS? I do not mind paying the 300$.

2) I have notified my University that I want to apply for OPT extension and they should issue a new I-20 for me this week. Do I include the new I-20 in the AOS package as well?

3) In tab 5 (AOS package) of Sm1smom's spreadsheet there a several documents which are not requested by USCIS for Adjustment of status (http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/oth...card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program). For instance, W-2 forms, pay stubs, bank statements

Thank you for your help,
Alan Ford

Guys, thank you for your help. I am not sure what I would do if not for the Sm1smom's spreadsheet. I spend a few hours reading it today and preparing my documents. While doing that I realized that I have a few more questions which are not basic :)

1) I am currently on OPT (my OPT expires in February 2015) and I need to apply for extension. I know that I can apply for OPT extension by submitting I-765 with the AOS package and therefore avoid the 300$ fee for OPT extension. Can I apply seperatly for OPT extension, or does it have to be together with AOS? I do not mind paying the 300$.

2) I have notified my University that I want to apply for OPT extension and they should issue a new I-20 for me this week. Do I include the new I-20 in the AOS package as well?

3) In tab 5 (AOS package) of Sm1smom's spreadsheet there a several documents which are not requested by USCIS for Adjustment of status (http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/oth...card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program). For instance, W-2 forms, pay stubs, bank statements

Thank you for your help,
Alan Ford

First of all, what is your CN? We need to know that in order to have a fair understanding of when you might become current. Pending that information, answers/response to your questions as follows:

1. No, you cannot apply for an OPT extension with your AOS package. The I-765 form which you're allowed to submit with your AOS package is NOT an OPT extension, that I-765 application upon approval is an AOS based EAD card and you once use that EAD card to seek and obtain employment, you're no longer in OPT status, you're considered as being in adjustment pending status. An OPT extension application will most likely not be granted once an AOS application has been submitted because OPT when you apply for a non immigrant benefit, you're telling USCIS you have no immigrant intent and that you have every intention of leaving the US at the end of your stay. It is important for you to still be in status at the time of your interview, hence my initial question as to what your CN is.

2. Yes you should.

3. Those are some of the documents you will need to prove that you will not become a public charge, that you can sustain yourself and that you've been law abiding and paying your taxes. if you've been earning an income. However, anyone who feels they are irrelevant because they're not listed or "requested by USCIS for Adjustment of status (http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/oth...card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program)" is more than welcome to leave them out of their package.

First of all, what is your CN? We need to know that in order to have a fair understanding of when you might become current. Pending that information, answers/response to your questions as follows:

1. No, you cannot apply for an OPT extension with your AOS package. The I-765 form which you're allowed to submit with your AOS package is NOT an OPT extension, that I-765 application upon approval is an AOS based EAD card and you once use that EAD card to seek and obtain employment, you're no longer in OPT status, you're considered as being in adjustment pending status. An OPT extension application will most likely not be granted once an AOS application has been submitted because OPT when you apply for a non immigrant benefit, you're telling USCIS you have no immigrant intent and that you have every intention of leaving the US at the end of your stay. It is important for you to still be in status at the time of your interview, hence my initial question as to what your CN is.

2. Yes you should.

3. Those are some of the documents you will need to prove that you will not become a public charge, that you can sustain yourself and that you've been law abiding and paying your taxes. if you've been earning an income. However, anyone who feels they are irrelevant because they're not listed or "requested by USCIS for Adjustment of status (http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/oth...card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program)" is more than welcome to leave them out of their package.

My CS is EU201500001XXX is low and it is current

2. Yes you should.

Sm1smom, you really are the best!!! So let me see if I understand what you are saying. I should include the I-765 form as well as my new I-20 in the AOS package (correct?).

Should I still apply for an OPT extension, even though it could be denied? My CN is current and my OPT is expiring in the beginning of Feb. 2015. I am worried that I might not get the green card by that time.

2. Yes you should.

last question I promise. You said that "that I-765 application upon approval is an AOS based EAD card and you once use that EAD card to seek and obtain employment, you're no longer in OPT status, you're considered as being in adjustment pending status". Does that meant USCIS will send me a new EAD card once the process my AOS package (the i-765 form in it)

thanks Sm1smom I owe you a beer!

Sm1smom, you really are the best!!! So let me see if I understand what you are saying. I should include the I-765 form as well as my new I-20 in the AOS package (correct?).

Should I still apply for an OPT extension, even though it could be denied? My CN is current and my OPT is expiring in the beginning of Feb. 2015. I am worried that I might not get the green card by that time.

Forget about the OPT extension since your CN is already current in that case. You need to get in your application ASAP. Yes, go ahead and include the I-765 form (and the new I-20), this will enable you to keep working in case your FO takes longer than necessary to approve your I-485 petition, an approved DV based EAD card will enable you to keep working if your OPT expires before the adjustment approval.

Meanwhile, have you made the $330 DV payment, do you get back the payment receipt? Also, have you completed your medical exam?

last question I promise. You said that "that I-765 application upon approval is an AOS based EAD card and you once use that EAD card to seek and obtain employment, you're no longer in OPT status, you're considered as being in adjustment pending status". Does that meant USCIS will send me a new EAD card once the process my AOS package (the i-765 form in it)

thanks Sm1smom I owe you a beer!

Yes, a new EAD card will be mailed out to you if you include form I-765 with your package. Again note that once you use the new EAD card to seek and take up employment, regardless of whether your current OPT has expired or not, you're no longer in F1/OPT status.

Forget about the OPT extension since your CN is already current in that case. You need to get in your application ASAP. Yes, go ahead and include the I-765 form (and the new I-20), this will enable you to keep working in case your FO takes longer than necessary to approve your I-485 petition, an approved DV based EAD card will enable you to keep working if your OPT expires before the adjustment approval.

Meanwhile, have you made the $330 DV payment, do you get back the payment receipt? Also, have you completed your medical exam?

Yes I have received the $330 DV payment receipt and I have completed the medical exam. Do I really need the new I-20? My current one expires in feb 2015. The only reason I have requested my University to issue a new I-20 is because I need it for the OPT extension. The new I-20 has not been issued yet, and I can ask them not to issue it.

I am not going to apply for OPT extension.

Hi Sm1smom!
Thank you for answering my earlier questions.

Unfortunately, I have a couple more...

I am currently F1 status and originally from Finland where I have lived since coming for college in the US. However, the same month I came to the US, my family moved to China and are still residing there as of now. They will be moving back to Finland summer 2015. I have been traveling more to China than Finland during my breaks.

I just want to confirm that for the G-325 form, where I need to list my addresses, should I just list both and then write the Chinese address as the last address outside of US? In addition, even though I only go to China during my breaks, should I list the 3.5 years my family has been living there as the duration?

Thank you once again for your help!

Yes I have received the $330 DV payment receipt and I have completed the medical exam. Do I really need the new I-20? My current one expires in feb 2015. The only reason I have requested my University to issue a new I-20 is because I need it for the OPT extension. The new I-20 has not been issued yet, and I can ask them not to issue it.

I am not going to apply for OPT extension.

That's fine, you don't have to include it.

Hi Sm1smom!
Thank you for answering my earlier questions.

Unfortunately, I have a couple more...

I am currently F1 status and originally from Finland where I have lived since coming for college in the US. However, the same month I came to the US, my family moved to China and are still residing there as of now. They will be moving back to Finland summer 2015. I have been traveling more to China than Finland during my breaks.

I just want to confirm that for the G-325 form, where I need to list my addresses, should I just list both and then write the Chinese address as the last address outside of US? In addition, even though I only go to China during my breaks, should I list the 3.5 years my family has been living there as the duration?

Thank you once again for your help!

Yes list both Finland and China, with China also listed as the last address outside of the US. I'm assuming you've been visiting your family from the first year of their stay in China, so yes, you should list the duration as 3.5 years

I am in the process of finalizing my AOS package. I understand that I should not staple documents together, but is it okay to staple together the pages of a multi-page document? For example, the I-485 is 6 pages long. Should I staple the pages together or use a paper clip? I know the issue may be trivial and the answer may be obvious to some but I just would like to be absolutely certain I don't open the door for undue complications.

I am in the process of finalizing my AOS package. I understand that I should not staple documents together, but is it okay to staple together the pages of a multi-page document? For example, the I-485 is 6 pages long. Should I staple the pages together or use a paper clip? I know the issue may be trivial and the answer may be obvious to some but I just would like to be absolutely certain I don't open the door for undue complications.

Make everyone's life easier, use paper clips.