• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

In the form of extention there are 2 questions no 3 a and b asking that
b asking if you or any one in the application applied any immigrant petition? I don't know the answer should be yes or no or yes according to the submitted ds-260? Thank you

But the attorney said you answer no. Because dv program is totally different and doesn't consider an immigrant petition !

Oh, really? So the heading on the DS260 about being an application for an immigrant visa is just bollocks then?
But yeah not sure why you are asking here if you already have a lawyer. Clearly he knows better than everyone else that a DS subnission is somehow not considered a petition for immigration ....despite that being exactly what it is.
(I'll leave it up to the others to point out what brilliant experts immigration lawyers are when it comes to DV AOS. But just to be clear: entering the DV lottery is not considered applying for immigration. Winning it isn't either. But the second you submit your DS form you have shown immigrant intent. Because , duh, you have just applied for immigration.)

In the form of extention there are 2 questions no 3 a and b asking that
b asking if you or any one in the application applied any immigrant petition? I don't know the answer should be yes or no or yes according to the submitted ds-260? Thank you

Like Susie said, the answer should be "Yes" in your case.

But the attorney said you answer no. Because dv program is totally different and doesn't consider an immigrant petition !

I'm certain your lawyer is wrong. By submitting the DS-260 form, you have initiated an immigrant visa petition. What your lawyer said would be applicable if you were only selected and hadn't filled and submitted the DS260 form.

Yes but the attorney is not perfect man and when I tried to ask about the adjust of states I met three of them in different cities no one told me the right information and the same attorney insisted to not apply the ds-260 and he said it's for those who make CP.
I see the information you have is much better than the attorneys because you have a real experience.
Many thanks

The last question
Is there any way to make the AOS now or it must be related to the VB

Sam, I have told you twice (posts 814 and 816) to read the spreadsheet and the instruction about the early filing policy. We are happy to help, but you have to do a little reading to understand the process.

Thank you so much
Bless you all, I will update you the news when I get the answer for my case.
Yes I read the sheet and I fallow the vb monthly. Thanks again

Same for got it last night

Did you receive a notification that the status had been updated? or you just happen to check it and saw the change? just wondering if we get alerts when there are changes to the status

Hi all,
I receive an email from KCC office last friday as shown below:

"Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).Please note that there are legal restrictions on who may qualify for adjustment of status in the United States, and that while most adjustment applications are filed with USCIS, aliens in removal proceedings must file their adjustment applications with the Immigration Court. You must also pay the Diversity Visa (DV) processing fee before USCIS or the court will act on your adjustment application.To adjust to legal permanent resident status through the Diversity Visa program, you must file Form I-485 with your local USCIS Office. However, you must wait until an immigrant visa number is immediately available to file Form I-485, otherwise your application will be rejected. To see if an immigrant visa number is immediately available, check the current Department of State Visa Bulletin at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status. You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status from October 1, 2014 until September 30, 2015. DV - 2015 immigrant visa status is only valid through that date...."

I submitted my DS 260 in June last week and case number is AS15XXX. Is it 2nd NL or just confirmation about my DS 260 submission?

I didn't change yet, I only submitted the DS-260 and printed out the confirmation page, I'm just waiting my number to be current to file the AOS and interview.

Hi all,

"Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).Please note that there are legal restrictions on who may qualify for adjustment of status in the United States, and that while most adjustment applications are filed with USCIS, aliens in removal proceedings must file their adjustment applications with the Immigration Court. You must also pay the Diversity Visa (DV) processing fee before USCIS or the court will act on your adjustment application.To adjust to legal permanent resident status through the Diversity Visa program, you must file Form I-485 with your local USCIS Office. However, you must wait until an immigrant visa number is immediately available to file Form I-485, otherwise your application will be rejected. To see if an immigrant visa number is immediately available, check the current Department of State Visa Bulletin at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status. You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status from October 1, 2014 until September 30, 2015. DV - 2015 immigrant visa status is only valid through that date...."

I submitted my DS 260 in June last week and case number is AS15XXX. Is it 2nd NL or just confirmation about my DS 260 submission?

Not sure what you meant by you submitted in June last week.. but yes this is the 2NL.

Hi all,

This is the "2NL" for AoS cases - but unlike CP it does not mean you can process your case. You will still have to wait until your case is announced as current before you submit your AoS package and given your case number you will have to take advantage of the early filing policy.

I didn't receive that 2nd letter yet, do you know why? I'm dv 2015 af 25xxx Egypt . Although I did ds-260 at the same time. Please advice

Last edited:
This is the "2NL" for AoS cases - but unlike CP it does not mean you can process your case. You will still have to wait until your case is announced as current before you submit your AoS package and given your case number you will have to take advantage of the early filing policy.

Once the VB that announces your number as current is published. So - the August VB (which is published in July) will be where your number goes current (if at all). So - that would mean you could submit in July IF your number is below the cutoff at that time. That is all covered in the spreadsheet linked from the first post in this thread - please make sure you read that.